Poll

Which Class will you specialize in for BF2142?

Assault23%23% - 78
Support9%9% - 32
Engineer12%12% - 42
Recon28%28% - 93
I like to keep well rounded.25%25% - 85
Total: 330
Twinn
+3|6546|Milwaukee, WI

deadawakeing wrote:

omg your already asking this question the game hasnt even come out yet and is not going to be for a little while you dont know anything about the classes what map suites what class, the weapons in detail. close this
This isn't entirely about what class you're going to play most. Its about which class you will specialize in, as there will be a number of unique unlocks and special abililtes for each... you can only go by speculation on which unlocks to choose even after the game is purchased and you have played each kit. If you still dont understand now, than its not this thread that needs closing... its your mouth.
ilyandor
+31|6704|Phoenix, AZ
the class that says "i wont buy this shit even if they fix BF2".
Mr.Casual
p-n*|3eergogglz
+136|6525|Minnesota eh
My first unlocj will be hopefully the GANZ HMG unlock, i will devastate the infantty with that
Jbrar
rawr
+86|6557|Winterpeg, Canada
Well if i like the game, i'll probably play recon and assault the most. If i hate the game, the class that i can tk the most people with.
Canadianinvasion
.:The D€S€RŦ ]V[ǾŲ∩Ŧ€€:.
+6|6660|Behind you with my knife

{uscm}Jyden wrote:

Engineer probally,as it seems the only one with a big ass noob tube for me!
You mean you'll be the 12 year old with a tube much bigger than your penis

mine is probably gonna be recon/assault.

But thats just me...
maestrium
+13|6501|Arizona
You forgot sniper.. the sniper rifle looks sweet.
dontfeedthenerd
+38|6563
Sniper = Recon

I think I'll be going w/ Recon myself, a little bit of Spec Ops mixed w/ a little bit of Sniping is right up my alley.

I want to get my dirty little fingers on one of those helo-planes tho.
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6694|Middle of nowhere

Twinn wrote:

genius_man16 wrote:

Support, i HATE having to reload a lot, that's 100% of the reason i started to play Support in the first place... then i found the PKM, and now that's 100% of the reason i KEEP playing support
about time lol... 35 votes and not 1 for support. Was afraid it might end up like the assault class in BF2.

I took a closer look at the class and I'm pretty sure itll have some advantages on the battlefield. Looks like it will be feared by ground pounders, with its beastly LMG and Personal Shield Unlock, not to mention its the only class with EMP grenades for disabling vehicles.

On another note... I really hope support players are more alert to our ammo needs in 2142 so we dont have to shoot them in the face to let them know we are serious when we say we need more ammo.
dude, that personal sheild will kick some ass!

and you know what's weird? whenever i'm NOT support, i always end up needing one, and can't find one.... but when i AM support, no one ever needs ammo... liek, WTF?  that's the whole reason that i don't have many support points as opposed to some other players (and i don't play karkand as much as some other people... DAQING FTW!
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6694|Middle of nowhere
1 thing, does anyone know if the unlocks will have the "teir" system? like, will i have to unlock the shotgun before the other LMG as support? or could i just unlock the LMG first?
Kyouteki
+27|6586

SEREMAKER wrote:

Recon all the way - hopefully 2142 will be alot of fun and no bugs or glitches
..........you must be new to the EA gaming world, hi, allow me to be your host, i'm bugged out, double reloading, crash to the desktop at join game, getting shot from karkand hotel with no vacancy, multiple cartilleried at once, Kyouteki and i'll be guiding you through the wonderful world of you must be dreaming. 
Twinn
+3|6546|Milwaukee, WI

genius_man16 wrote:

1 thing, does anyone know if the unlocks will have the "teir" system? like, will i have to unlock the shotgun before the other LMG as support? or could i just unlock the LMG first?
I hope there isn't, so i dont have to waste unlocks on crap just to get to the good stuff. Not that I've actually seen anything not worthy of unlocking yet.. still would be nice to go straight for the cool stuff. Knowing Dice they probably made the cloaking device Tier 20 unlock or something...
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6542|Singapore
i dunno. i just play around first then decide which is the best to me.
JimmyBotswana
+82|6601|Montreal
I will be specializing in the Mech Whore class
TheDarkRaven
ATG's First Disciple
+263|6640|Birmingham, UK
I'll be well-rounded but engineer and support look pretty tantalising with their unlocks...
Jamoche
+5|6511
I will try all the kits, but will probably end up playing recon loads, lol.
lord_tyler_486
+54|6768|Upper Franconia
Recon. I want the C4 of the future. Just let it BOOOOM all the time !!!1 BOOOM deploy BOOM YAY
batman1029
>_>
+8|6542|Essex, Ontario, Canada
cloaking device wont be over killed, im sure it wont last long when you use it
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6808
Everyone knows that 2142 is just going to be a clone of BF2 but with new graphics and new maps.  Same old engine and bugs.

I'll probably be going Engy Benjy with a touch of support.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6859|Reykjavík, Iceland.
Engineer, I always play Engineer or mechanic or technician the most in every game that has them.

I like the ability to build/repair/destroy
Samtheman53
Banned
+346|6711|UK
I cant choose between Assault and medic in BF2 so thanks EA for putting them together in 2142.

Ill be using assault
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6671|Brisbane, Australia

ilyandor wrote:

the class that says "i wont buy this shit even if they fix BF2".
Thats called the "close minded smacktarding troll"

IMHO looks like Recon and Engi are getting the short straw, again, Look! Merging assault and medic was fucking stupid, medic's should get SMG's and AT should get something a little more bulky than an SMG, but not as good as an assault rifle

Still, ill get the game, provided the demo is exceptional, why exceptional? Well, the BF2 demo was awsome, but the real game, kinda a meh, demo ran better, so basically, the demo is one step up from the real version!

Wouldnt it be great if this game had some totally awsome patches, and the quake wars deserters got a shit game, and they wouldnt be able to swallow their pride?

Man, that would haul some serious arse right there
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6637|London, England
What i did like from this game is that the support guns get more accurate as you fire. This will prevent the insta-prone support kills you get in BF2 and make the support role do just that. Suppressing and support fire from a fixed position. Not some rambo insta-prone super-accuracy killer. It's not realistic, but hey. It's the future. DICE can do pretty much whatever they want (but that's also a reason i'll probably not get it, there'll be alot of stupid shit in the game, but this support thing is a good idea)

So if i do get it, i'd be support.

Edit: I know i'm assault in BF2, i just don't like the fact that it's dumbed down and added to the most n00b kit in BF2. Medic kit. *sigh*

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2006-08-11 05:59:13)

fierce
I love [fiSh]
+167|6584
If i'm going to buy BF2142 i'll mostly play two classes:

- Assault-Medic if i'm playing as Infantry
- Engineer if playing in any kind of vehicle

To be honest - the same like BF2. ^^
ShadowFoX
I Hate Claymores
+109|6547
Im probubly going to be engineer so I can maxamize my future mech whorring skills. All you infantry assault-medics get ready to get stompped on.
Delphy
+45|6601|Bristol, UK
There's gonna be about a million one-man squads so they can use the sentry doodad.

Last edited by Delphy (2006-08-11 08:56:20)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard