Samtheman53
Banned
+346|6712|UK
I'm talking about the punish feature, why is it there?

Say; you TK someone they forgive your like "Its a good job you forgave" or if they punish "That was a ******* accident idiot".

But really why? You get -4 what ever the victim decides to do, punish or forgive, from now on I get angry weather or not I am punished because i still loose 4 points.

So: Is there any need for the punish/forgive feature?

Last edited by Samtheman53 (2006-08-10 06:44:38)

alexilaiho68
Where's my coffee gone!?
+45|6516|Australia
no https://www.teamtalk.com/Images/70182.jpg
Noop-Ni
ROAR
+14|6515
If you get multiple punishes you get kicked. Kicking someone who's killing his team is a good idea.
Samtheman53
Banned
+346|6712|UK

Noop-Ni wrote:

If you get multiple punishes you get kicked. Kicking someone who's killing his team is a good idea.
Not necessarily, that's just the server settings
Noop-Ni
ROAR
+14|6515
Well, sure, that's true. But in that case, there musn't be any need for punkbuster either, 'cause some servers have it turned off.

It's a good feature. Kick votes rarely succeed, so an auto kick is useful. Shame about the people who force TKs, though.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6669
I have seen it kick people on an intentional TKing rampage before, and people who decide to try and C4 half their team at the airfield on wake. it has its uses.

Last edited by SargeV1.4 (2006-08-10 07:06:11)

https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Samtheman53
Banned
+346|6712|UK

Noop-Ni wrote:

Well, sure, that's true. But in that case, there musn't be any need for punkbuster either, 'cause some servers have it turned off.

It's a good feature. Kick votes rarely succeed, so an auto kick is useful. Shame about the people who force TKs, though.
No PB = Unranked
Unranked = Do what ever the hell you want
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6698|Disaster Free Zone
Its there so people can complain... If they couldn't complain about that they'd have to find something else to complain about like why doesn't everyone get a gold star at the end of each round for 'good work', like they do in kindergarten.
Brasso
+1,549|6647

I don't understand why forgives give you -4 either...
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Noop-Ni
ROAR
+14|6515

Samtheman53 wrote:

No PB = Unranked
Not quite following your logic here, man. If punishes are unneeded because some servers have them disabled, surely rank is unneeded too? There's a fair few unranked servers.
Samtheman53
Banned
+346|6712|UK

Noop-Ni wrote:

Samtheman53 wrote:

No PB = Unranked
Not quite following your logic here, man. If punishes are unneeded because some servers have them disabled, surely rank is unneeded too? There's a fair few unranked servers.
eh?

you said some servers have PB off, if it doesntr have PB it HAS to be unranked which is what i was saying
Delphy
+45|6601|Bristol, UK
I know in my logical mind that you still get the -4 if they forgive, but it seems so vindictive when people punish for teamkills, especially the blatantly accidental ones like a stray chopper rocket, shell a tank and the noob was trying to c4 it etc...

Last edited by Delphy (2006-08-10 09:31:48)

Baron_von_Kondas
Ok! Try smelling this banana!!!
+74|6508|There?
Well this last part was silly. But i think its a good feature (punish/forgive) because if some idiot really pisses you off, by being Stupid or capping you intentionally, you feel that you can at least do something back, and then hope for the big boot to kick his ass too hell.
coreinflames
+12|6661

Samtheman53 wrote:

I'm talking about the punish feature, why is it there?

Say; you TK someone they forgive your like "Its a good job you forgave" or if they punish "That was a ******* accident idiot".

But really why? You get -4 what ever the victim decides to do, punish or forgive, from now on I get angry weather or not I am punished because i still loose 4 points.

So: Is there any need for the punish/forgive feature?
Sorry to call you wrong but you are...

if someone forgives you get a -4 if someone punishes you get a -6

In some exceptions servers have the punish off in that case it wouldnt ask you to punish or forgive and you get a -4

thanks
Bf2 Major General Coreinflames

P.S. i didnt think a butter bar would not understand fully the way a punish / forgive works
myassk
+0|6503
i know what you mean, some idiot drives into the back of your plane and punishes you. sorry about that
Delphy
+45|6601|Bristol, UK
Coreinflames you're wrong, you would only get a -6 from having done Team Damage (-2) before the TK.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6581|Area 51

Noop-Ni wrote:

Thats true, but why do they had to add the - points since it doesnt affect your global score..?
@ Delphy, but when its a one shot TK, like with a ERYX u don't make the teamdamage, only the tk

Last edited by RDMC(2) (2006-08-10 09:41:35)

MrE`158
+103|6640
You're wrong about the punishing causing a greater points loss, it doesn't. 

If you think you got -6 for a TK, it's because you actually got a Team Damage (-2) and a Team Kill (-4).

The punish system is there, theoretically to have a system where people who TK intentionally will be punished and get kicked, whereas if your TKs are accidental, you get no punishes and won't be kicked.

The server TK limit only counts punished TK's, not forgiven, when determining when to kick someone.

Of course, not all servers run this system.  Such is life.
Daz
+14|6535|Somalia
Should be removed from the servers.

Nothing gets on my tits more than some faggot sprinting into my vehicle causing a TK then punishing.
Baron_von_Kondas
Ok! Try smelling this banana!!!
+74|6508|There?

Daz wrote:

Should be removed from the servers.

Nothing gets on my tits more than some faggot sprinting into my vehicle causing a TK then punishing.
Yea....those dickhats can really make my ass itch!!!
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6689|Colorado
In 1942 you could tk all you wanted, now you can't. thats the point.

Last edited by TrollmeaT (2006-08-10 09:51:47)

SGT_Squirtle
+13|6732
I was actually playing on a server the other day that kicked for negative scores... which I felt was unfair since I was the victim of it... Karkand, start the round as US, jump in an available LAV-25, round is already well underway so the fight is already across the river, ford the river, come up the rise on the other side and run right into the back of the other LAV-25 causing it to blows up, 1 TK, but there were two guys standing next to it, 2 more TKs... all punish. So now I'm at -18 and haven't even fired a shot and get kicked.

my lamest TK story
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6826|Marathon, Florida Keys
punish system is there to annoy people, it annoys everyone at first, but after getting 2200 punishes out of around 2400 TK's, veteran players like me usually arnt bothered by it anymore.
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
M1-Lightning
Jeepers Creepers
+136|6747|Peoria, Illinois
The punish feature is only good for servers that have no admins.
tiptopT
+72|6598|Scotland's Capital
Punish feature = good idea
Delayed punish (give time for Tker to explain to Tkee that it was accidental = better idea??

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard