Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6470
Hey guys, sorry to bother you!

I have been wondering about the rank requirements (as everyone has done at some point I'm sure ;p), in specifics- the requirements for the First Sergeant rank. I am progressing from Gunnery Sergeant very soon, and I have recently turned my attention to acquiring all of the necessary badges for the First Sergeant rank @ 20,000 global points.

My question in specific- is the Commander Badge necessary? As in, the basic commander get 40 points badge? Because, this is the only badge that is troubling me- a tricky combination of utter boredom and poor teams (I know, that's everyones excuse!).

Answers are appreciated- is the Basic Commander Badge a necessary requirement for the First Sergeant rank?

Thanks very much!
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6493|N. Ireland
It's in the UBAR..

But no, no it is not required.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6470
Thanks for the quick response.

I have checked UBAR many times for references in the past, but some other rank guides on clan websites, and even on Wikipedia were very confusing regarding the actual badges required for First Sergeant. Some state that it is only the combat badges, others list some miscellaneous awards for some reason.

Thanks muchly though, greatly appreciated, a big relief for me!
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6809|NÃ¥rvei

If you look at the bottom of your statpage it says what you need to obtain the next rank, how many points and what badges you lack !

In your case its only the 1207 points and you will be First Sergeant

Last edited by Varegg (2006-08-10 06:41:09)

Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Larsson
+2|6526|Hamburg, Germany
Go fo it dude, wish I was there yet....
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6470
Thanks again for the very useful replies- I now have ~800 points so I should have my rank tonight :]. I'm glad to have this rank because, I realise that the next one is a loong way away, 30,000 point gap is going to be the 'big one' as far as I'm concerned.

Larsson, it really won't be long until you reach this rank, honestly. I've been playing on and off for about 2 months, but only recently have I really became involved and played for several hours a day. If you set your mind to it, or rather, just play a lot- it really is do able. If you want to sell your soul to Karkand 24/7, it does help too, but it's not as fun and you obviously miss the experience of other maps.

Anyway, I'll let the high-rankers who really have worked to earn their position talk to you about that, I'm glad that I'm on my way up the ladder somewhat.

Thanks!
De_Jappe
Triarii
+432|6527|Belgium

about the commander badge. If you join a 64 map with 16 or 32 players, (and you have an uncap so you don't lose all flags), you easily get enough points for the basic commander badge. On a 64 map with 64 players, you need a good team then.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6493|N. Ireland
961 global points away very nice. You'll have to take a screenshot in game, I want to seeeeee!
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6470

De_Jappe wrote:

about the commander badge. If you join a 64 map with 16 or 32 players, (and you have an uncap so you don't lose all flags), you easily get enough points for the basic commander badge. On a 64 map with 64 players, you need a good team then.
Thanks for that advice. I have logically thought that, with the larger amounts of players, technically commander points should be earned faster if there were more players earning points. I think the commander point calculation is something like total points earned by team / # of players = commander point. But I'm not 100%! Your suggestion is very good, I just realised that large map sizes with smaller amounts of people undoubtedly results in more flag caps and therefore more team points. Nice one !

Leetkyle, I'll probably get a screenshot, but I'm not so sure that the long-term players here will care much for it ;-).

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard