=OBS= EstebanRey
+256|6594|Oxford, England, UK, EU, Earth
Our Home Secretry has just made this sound as big as September 11th.  We now on our highest state of security - critical.  Quite scary and filling up our news wires....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4778575.stm
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6644|132 and Bush

=OBS= EstebanRey wrote:

Our Home Secretry has just made this sound as big as September 11th.  We now on our highest state of security - critical.  Quite scary and filling up our news wires....

Yea, just came threw the wire..

Britain's security service MI5 raised the threat level to the country to "critical" from "severe," meaning an attack is expected imminently.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&a … itain_dc_3
Xbone Stormsurgezz
=OBS= EstebanRey

Kmarion wrote:

=OBS= EstebanRey wrote:

Yea, just came threw the wire..

Britain's security service MI5 raised the threat level to the country to "critical" from "severe," meaning an attack is expected imminently.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&a … itain_dc_3
A chap from BBC said it was more a precaution.  In case the plot they foiles had a sub-plot which they don't know about but the blowing up of the planes wasn't expected to happen today.

I have someone flying in from Sweden today so I just hope it doesn't affect her.....
Mr.Casual
p-n*|3eergogglz
+136|6553|Minnesota eh
I hope nothing happens
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6644|132 and Bush

=OBS= EstebanRey wrote:

I have someone flying in from Sweden today so I just hope it doesn't affect her.....
Yikes, I am sure it will. Delays.. they are searching everyone from what I am reading.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
=OBS= EstebanRey

Kmarion wrote:

=OBS= EstebanRey wrote:

Yikes, I am sure it will. Delays.. they are searching everyone from what I am reading.
Yeah they've banned almost everything apart from dire essentials on hand luggage.  You won't even be able to take a newspaper on (presumably in case you read too much about the plot and panic).
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6644|132 and Bush

Banned Stuff
http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,, … 18,00.html

They also raised the terror threat level in the US.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
mavrick 3399
EA GAMES PATCH EVERYTHING
+102|6585|Doncaster UK
i am off on my hols next week and i think its reassuring that they are taking this seriously,
British Airways are even getting mothers to taste there children's baby food in front of there staff.
i truly hope we don't have another terrorist incident on our hands.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6644|132 and Bush

mavrick 3399 wrote:

<sarcasm> If we do Bush planned it ! </sarcasm>
Xbone Stormsurgezz
mavrick 3399
+102|6585|Doncaster UK

Kmarion wrote:

mavrick 3399 wrote:

<sarcasm> If we do Bush planned it ! </sarcasm>
[sarcasm] that means his little lap dog Blair helped! [/sarcasm]
=OBS= EstebanRey
I just checked with the airport.  Incoming flights seem to be okay.

I totally agree with precautions being taken (especially if it is true that there was prior knowledge of 11th September and nothing was done) but it does annoy me that even when terrorists fail (I hope they have), they can still cause so much disruption to our lives.....
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6644|132 and Bush

I believe more times than not when they "fail" or have been disrupted we do not hear about it. If we do like we have just now it must have been big.

Last edited by Kmarion (2006-08-10 00:52:07)

Xbone Stormsurgezz
mavrick 3399
+102|6585|Doncaster UK

=OBS= EstebanRey wrote:

but it does annoy me that even when terrorists fail (I hope they have), they can still cause so much disruption to our lives.....
even failed attempts are good propaganda for them it spreads the fear about terrorism, and proves to us that terrorism is something that is never going to go away.

the disruption caused by this is going to be massive but better safe than sorry.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6599
Looky who needs a ratings boost: Tony 'Lapdog' Blair
=OBS= EstebanRey
No dount the conspiracy theorists will be writting down alternative explanation for today's events as we speak...
mavrick 3399
+102|6585|Doncaster UK
yep thats true!

but at least the general public know that the government is actually doing something.
BN
smells like wee wee
+159|6811

=OBS= EstebanRey wrote:

No dount the conspiracy theorists will be writting down alternative explanation for today's events as we speak...
keep the masses scared and they will do whatever you want them too!
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6644|132 and Bush

=OBS= EstebanRey wrote:

lol.. +1

BN wrote:

=OBS= EstebanRey wrote:

Smoke some crack rock and pretend to be of higher intelligence..

Last edited by Kmarion (2006-08-10 02:25:55)

Xbone Stormsurgezz
BN
smells like wee wee
+159|6811

Kmarion wrote:

=OBS= EstebanRey wrote:

lol.. +1

BN wrote:

=OBS= EstebanRey wrote:

Smoke some crack rock and pretend to be of higher intelligence..
oohh, no need to stop being a lady.
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6765|Sydney, Australia
Now before this breaks down into intraforum personal attacks...

As this plot was aimed at the airline industry, I suggest you take a read of the thread at www.airliners.net.

You will find all the relevant details regarding the airline industry here -Plot to blow up aircraft

=OBS= EstebanRey wrote:

If it's into England, she will not be allowed any hand luggage what-so-ever. Also, NO LIQUIDS on the flight, as the plot was expected to be carried out using liquid explosives.

EDIT: Depending on airport and carrier, she might not fly. I hear BA has suspended most flights, and LHR is closed to traffic.

EDIT2: I found this information from the TSA. Aviation Thread Level.

Mcminty.

Last edited by mcminty (2006-08-10 03:40:16)

Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6718|Canberra, AUS
Excellent response from the govt. Now is the WORST time to lower or maintain the old threat level - you KNOW there is a plot, but you aren't sure if you've completely scuttled it or not.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6765|Sydney, Australia

Spark wrote:

Excellent response from the govt. Now is the WORST time to lower or maintain the old threat level - you KNOW there is a plot, but you aren't sure if you've completely scuttled it or not.
Exactly. I think they have arrested 21 of the 22 conspirators. This heightened security of in case there is a secondary plan.

Mcminty.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6695|USA

=OBS= EstebanRey wrote:

CameronPoe is on it!!!!!!!
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6625|SE London

mcminty wrote:

Spark wrote:

Exactly. I think they have arrested 21 of the 22 conspirators. This heightened security of in case there is a secondary plan.
I heard there had been 18 arrests overnight while I was having my breakfast, have they caught some more in the past couple of hours?

And haven't you heard, the attack was launched by American fundamentalist Christians making sure the UK would be involved in a crusade in the Middle East. Honest.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6718|Canberra, AUS

mcminty wrote:

Spark wrote:

Mcminty.
Oh? I just heard from the 7:30 report (at least I think it was) that over FIFTY people may have been involved.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard