I was wondering if anyone has ever used a sniper rifle at close range. The way i figure it, it's a helluva a lot better than a DAO-12 or maybe some shotgun, at killing someone even at close range. So, what are your thoughts?
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6628|Warlord
Be prepared for it to get warm in here.

How close do you mean? Do a search for Nyte's posts and for mentions of 'combat sniping', that should be what you're talking about.
HaywoodJablowme
Baltimore Blowfish
+46|6581
wrong, that's funny though, yesterday a sniper was doing that with the SVD so I pulled out the cold steel and shivved his ass..

HaywoodJablowme wrote:

wrong, that's funny though, yesterday a sniper was doing that with the SVD so I pulled out the cold steel and shivved his ass..
what server was that? i saw a close range sniper too yesterday.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6781|Great Brown North
yeah they're all over, most end up on the losing end of the fight via the ak-101
MoonShadow616
Doesn't read the Whole Thread
+16|6622|Japan
I'm always doing it, I just use a Drywipe marker and put a dot over my Pistols crosshairs, then pull out my Rifle - Simple!
Hehe, puts the Spooks up some people when you dont scope up to shoot them!!
Rimbo
+1|6574|Inside ur armpit.
Done it half a dozen times,mostly when im running at a person.
FesterTheMolester
BF2s US Server Admin, IRC>Forums
+157|6641|The Mind Of A Cereal Killer

MoonShadow616 wrote:

I'm always doing it, I just use a Drywipe marker and put a dot over my Pistols crosshairs, then pull out my Rifle - Simple!
ILLEGAL

"dotting" as it is refered to in many gaming communities islooked down upon....

but how will they ever know fester? well, no one can enforce this rule, but most of us play by an honor system around here, and if you don't like it

Get The Fuck Out

sincerely,

fester

Last edited by FesterTheMolester (2006-08-09 11:30:21)

VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6707|Antarctica

FesterTheMolester wrote:

MoonShadow616 wrote:

ILLEGAL

but how will they ever know fester? well, no one can enforce this rule, but most of us play by an honor system around here, and if you don't like it

Get The Fuck Out

sincerely,

fester
This just in: EA has hired a crack team of law enforcement officers from around the world to enforce the ROE.  If you are a cheater/dotter/stat padder, don't be surpised when the ROE police airdrop at your house and place you under arrest.
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6628|Warlord

krazed wrote:

yeah they're all over, most end up on the losing end of the fight via the ak-101
Most, not all; let's try to remember that.

MoonShadow616 wrote:

Do a search on deviation and what it means in practice for the unscoped sniper rifles and you'll see how much luck is involved in hitting a barn doing this.

FesterTheMolester wrote:

MoonShadow616 wrote:

ILLEGAL
Illegal??? How exactly? LOL
allfive6
+18|6705|Victoria BC or Karkand
Sniper are useless and almost always noobs. Only time it is OK to be a sniper is if your a medic and you die and a sniper takes your kit and revives you. And once in awhile the claymores are handy and if the claymores where on any other kits the sniper would be totally worthless.
masterofflama
+19|6585|European Battlefield Command

allfive6 wrote:

Sniper are useless and almost always noobs. Only time it is OK to be a sniper is if your a medic and you die and a sniper takes your kit and revives you. And once in awhile the claymores are handy and if the claymores where on any other kits the sniper would be totally worthless.
and you have expert sniper... why do you play it?
Bevo
Nah
+718|6522|Austin, Texas

masterofflama wrote:

allfive6 wrote:

E-badge?
Burning_Monkey
Moving Target
+108|6839

masterofflama wrote:

allfive6 wrote:

Because hypocarcy is a mountain that even the laziest and most retarded of us can climb.

Last edited by Burning_Monkey (2006-08-09 12:43:03)

First_and_Only
+4|6577|ON, Canada
uhh medal whore y else
Des.Kmal
+917|6619|Atlanta, Georgia, USA
I no scope alot if im up close.
Add me on Origin for Battlefield 4 fun: DesKmal
MoonShadow616
Doesn't read the Whole Thread
+16|6622|Japan

FesterTheMolester wrote:

MoonShadow616 wrote:

ILLEGAL

Get The Fuck Out

sincerely,

fester
Just like everyone else I payed money to own BF2, 'n I'll do what the Fuck I want. Like I really care what is looked down upon?? BF2 is a Game for christ sakes.

If you and others can get your Pants in a Twist over small things like that then maybe you've got some growing up to do.

BF2 = Game
Game = Fun
You = No Fun
No Fun = No Life
Jemme101
M24 Abuser
+99|6502|Valley of the Dragons

masterofflama wrote:

allfive6 wrote:

He must be talking about himself I guess, check his stats on the Sniper Rifle ... Kills: 388 , Deaths: 833 , KDR: 0.4658. Lol what a noob It takes him 6,5 shots to even make a kill with the rifle so the pretty much leaves out any Bolt-Action Skills for him
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6622|London, England
Putting a marker doesn't do the trick, how dumb are people.
Fire at a wall with a sniper rifle unzoomed and the bullet won't hit the same place all the time. Or where the crosshair "should" be.
[-CGZ-]BioRaveN
Don't make me toothpick you.
+31|6706|The beautiful hills of Sharqi
Well no scoping is VERY bad in this game...

I can get my scope out fast enough and I aim for their head, ive turned corners scoped and put a bullet in the head of a guy 3 feet from me.
chefvolrath
feeding the BF2S community since 2005.....
+5|6691

VeNg3nCe^ wrote:

FesterTheMolester wrote:

MoonShadow616 wrote:

Hehe, puts the Spooks up some people when you don't scope up to shoot them!!
ILLEGAL

"dotting" as it is refereed to in many gaming communities is looked down upon....

Get The Fuck Out

sincerely,

fester
This just in: EA has hired a crack team of law enforcement officers from around the world to enforce the ROE.  If you are a cheater/dotter/stat padder, don't be surprised when the ROE police airdrop at your house and place you under arrest.
nah , they will just drop cartillery on your house and blow it up,,,thats how EA works
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6628|Warlord

allfive6 wrote:

Sheesh, I wish people like you would preface your opinions with something like "I think..." because as a statement of fact, like you put it, this is nonsense.

Even though a lot of new, inexperienced or not-very-good players do admittedly play this kit doesn't even make the noob part right because you grossly exaggerated. Plus, you may not notice all the other nubs in a busy server who're down at the bottom of the scoreboard where they tend to get overlooked!

Claymores, once in a while are handy? Try regularly defending flags in the rear, without having to tie up one of the team so he's free to be at or near the front line; plus that's a potential ticket or two lost to the opposition every time. Do you remember your highest flag defends for a round? Was it 16? I'd bet a fiver it wasn't that high and I owe it partly to clays.

Say your squad is being harassed by snipers while taking a particular flag, or crossing a bit of territory (like the advance to TV Station on Sharqi) what are you going to do to counter them, throw grenades for crying out loud? Snipers are not only useful to the team, they're essential to counter enemy snipers in many situations; so bottom line, if the other team has a sniper or two you'd better have at least one yourself.

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=32972
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=24657
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=35706&p=2

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard