Ikarti
Banned - for ever.
+231|6715|Wilmington, DE, US
To my knowledge Lisik, the Palestinians do not hate Druze, at the very least not like the Israelis hate Arabs. Once again you're wrong.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6777|PNW

spastic bullet wrote:

So Jehovah...
'Jehovah' is junk translation.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6561

B.Schuss wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Jainus wrote:

I disagree. The Canaanites were there first sure, but i don't believe Palestinians are Canaanites. The Canaanites were invaded, which given the history of invading armies basically means that men and the older boys would have either been slaughtered or sold into slavery and the women would have been taken as slaves and possibly wives. In other words, the Canaanites would have been assimilated into the Israelite population (with the forced conversions to the "true" faith) and any Canaanite descendent's are far more likely to be Israelite descendent's than anything else.

Palestinians as i understand the term, are the descendent's of the Philistines (from who they get their name) and given the modern twist on the "who are the Palestinians" question, Arabs. Either way, Palestinians are not Canaanites. If you've got something that disproves that, lets see it.

And on a separate note, it is possible to apply to the hosting country to have your land that you have legally bought recognised as a state. It doesn't actually happen, but you can do it within the boundaries of the law. In your land you have the right to set your own laws, be declared king or whatever. However, i think we all know if the Israeli's applied to the Ottomans for their own country to be created...
No-one is saying that Canaanites specifically equal Palestinians. Palestinians are resident in that area of the world for as long as any Jew. It's just that they are now referred to as Palestinians, a relatively newish term coined by the Romans. Many Palestinians probably do come from Canaanite stock. Many Canaanites will have absorbed into the Jewish population over the years. The fact is that a tangled web of ethnicities have populated that region of the world since time began, no one exclusive people dominating it totally. The fact remains the vast majority of jews fled under Roman oppression and didn't return for millennia. Why didn't the Palestinians (or arabic inhabitants if you like) flee?
I second that. Before the concept of a "nation" with fixed borders was born, different tribes lived on each others land just like they wanted to, and if there was a conflict between them, the stronger would either kick the weaker out or kill them altogether. Middle Age foreign politics, if you will.
Of course, conflicts between different ethnic groups already existed back then, but without the UN being present, those conflicts were "resolved" pretty quickly.
The strap of land we call Israel or Palestine today has been inhabited by a number of different tribes / ethnic groups of the last 5.000 years or so, and certainly none of them has an exclusive right to it.

I have no idea who "started it". that's high school school yard terminology anyway. No one really knows. How far do you want to go back ? 10 years ? 25 years ? 50 years ? 100, 250, 500, 1000....( you get the idea ).

The idea that there is actually a fixed date in history when someone "started it" is a misconception, Lisik.

I have said it before, the jewish people weren't the first tribe in history to be displaced and forced off their land. It has happened to most likely hundreds of tribes all over the world over time. That's just the way politics worked back then.
Still, the jewish people were the only ones I can remember who actually demanded that they'd be given land which they had been forced to abandon literally hundreds of years ago, during times when this was perfectly normal.
I must say, that was some lobbying job by Rothschild...

anyway, this discussion is leading us nowhere. There is no way we can figure out who "started it". Today, the important question at hand is who stops it....
I agree - the important question is how this conflict can be brought to an end.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard