topthrill05
+125|6601|Rochester NY USA
First off I understand that it is much worse in some other countries. But I am asking about the worlds big countries. In the US people are being killed left and right in the "Hood" and hell its not just their anymore it seems. From what I can tell it is just getting worse and worse as these people are driven by their music and culture.

The question is. Is it this way in other civilized countries? Like the UK, Australia, Japan, Russia. China, France, Italy, Germany and Canada. (Yeah I left out some).
LT.Victim
+1,175|6585|British Columbia, Canada
We dont really have a "Hood" in Canada, at least not nearly as bad as the US
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6572|Southeastern USA
alot of those also have a history of ......mmmmmm......revising statistics, like russia, china, and cuba etc.

edit:cube? wtf?

Last edited by kr@cker (2006-08-08 21:27:39)

topthrill05
Really I am talking of today. Basically asking those in other country's to give me their view.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6739
the gangsters in taiwan are teh fail. the cops are teh fail. once a gangster (pretty good one) had an M4, cop had an M9 and it jammed. the other cop was taking the number plate of the car...
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
ericcartmanisbest
+24|6563|GREAT Britain
the closest u'll get to a hood in the UK is a council estate full of chavs
{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6601|Florida

ericcartmanisbest wrote:

the closest u'll get to a hood in the UK is a council estate full of chavs
ha ha, full of chavs, i love that word, and yes i know what your talking about, and what a chav is incase you were gonna ask lol
topthrill05
So basically its worse in the US. God damn Canada is looking good right now.
Dagger37A
+18|6787|USA
There are 3 types of people in the world; Sheep, Wolves and Sheepdogs...

http://www.blackwaterusa.com/btw2004/ar … sheep.html
{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6601|Florida

Dagger37A wrote:

There are 3 types of people in the world; Sheep, Wolves and Sheepdogs...

http://www.blackwaterusa.com/btw2004/ar … sheep.html
"there are 3 types of people in this world, Dicks, Assholes and Pussies" - Team America owns
Diogenese
Philosopher King
+16|6618|New York State, USA

topthrill05 wrote:

First off I understand that it is much worse in some other countries. But I am asking about the worlds big countries. In the US people are being killed left and right in the "Hood" and hell its not just their anymore it seems. From what I can tell it is just getting worse and worse as these people are driven by their music and culture.

The question is. Is it this way in other civilized countries? Like the UK, Australia, Japan, Russia. China, France, Italy, Germany and Canada. (Yeah I left out some).
Who exactally are "these people" who are driven by their music and culture?
People from "the HOOD"???
What are you really talking about???  Violence is on the rise in all industrialized nations and will continue to rise where people are forced to live too close to one another due to economic restraints.  Just like the apes we are, we get edgy when we are too close to too many OTHERS, no matter what their ethnicity, color, or creed. It's all about economics and how we react to pressure and instability.
SuperSlowYo
slow as you go
+124|6583|Canaduhhh.. West Toast

LT.Victim wrote:

We dont really have a "Hood" in Canada, at least not nearly as bad as the US
this is true not nearly as bad as in the states but Canada for sure has its share of "projects" and low income housing... ya dont need to have to be from the hood to be a murdering gangsta type person either many come from middle income families these days
topthrill05

Diogenese wrote:

topthrill05 wrote:

Who exactally are "these people" who are driven by their music and culture?
People from "the HOOD"???
What are you really talking about???  Violence is on the rise in all industrialized nations and will continue to rise where people are forced to live too close to one another due to economic restraints.  Just like the apes we are, we get edgy when we are too close to too many OTHERS, no matter what their ethnicity, color, or creed. It's all about economics and how we react to pressure and instability.
Maybe if you listed to their music and understood their culture you would get what I am saying. Yes many other things influence what is going on but their music and culture is the driving force, I happen to know first hand.

And please don't think I am talking about "Black" people. I am talking about the culture.
Diogenese
Philosopher King
I do listen to a variety of cultural music and have a MA in philosophy so I understand a bit about other cultures.
Music has always been a way for different peoples to identify with each other and express common struggles and joys. Some cultures are more violent and this usually goes hand-in-hand with low levels of education and income. Your choice of diction and the way you phrased your thoughts were misleading and I see now that you ARE speaking of something other than bigotry. But my point still stands. Read a paper, watch BBC international, PBS, or listen to a lot of NPR... you'll see that it is not music or culture. It's just people.
topthrill05
Alot of my friends are in the culture. In no way am I a bigot.

But all of this is off from what I am asking. Simply is it worse here then in other countries.

Good nite, I will reply in the morning.
Diogenese
Philosopher King

topthrill05 wrote:

Alot of my friends are in the culture. In no way am I a bigot.

But all of this is off from what I am asking. Simply is it worse here then in other countries.

Good nite, I will reply in the morning.
I still do not understand what "in the culture" refers to?
Oh,  and goodnight sleep tight.zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
I am going to play now.1:30 am EST
Storgie
how about this thread for whiners
+15|6598|federal way washington
you have me confused, people are people no matter where they live.

sure we are on display to the world, tv, movies, whatever but you know there are mobs in japan, russia and i am sure others. as for younger people feeling their oats in street gangs, i hear that britan has some to put the us gangs to shame, does that make them worse no way

so enough bashing ok?
destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6649|Canada
top 3 crime centrals in Canada: Hongcouver, Toronto, and ummm.... i unno? either Montreal,Calgary or Edmonton for the last one, im not sure bout it.
Ikarti
Banned - for ever.
+231|6732|Wilmington, DE, US
I think it's looked at too simplisticly. I listen to 50 Cent so I'm going to sell drugs. I listen to Marylin Manson so I'm going to shoot up a school. It's easy to just say music or video games or whatever caused it. In the case of Columbine it's a combination of bullying and being just really fucked up to begin with.

As for rap causing violence, it's not a matter of what's being rapped about as far as I see it.  Youth are somewhat/very impressionable. Living in a poor environment or community, if something was aggressively marketed towards you, in this case the music and the artist, and it said "I am rich and famous because I rap and shoot people and sell drugs" etc., wouldn't you consider it a little bit? I listen to it, and most of it is currently garbage, but I have yet to shoot someone in a drug deal in pursuit of wealth and street cred.

Too easy to pin it on music. If music were that influential the world would be far more chaotic than it is already. Shit...think of how all the Bjork fans would act.
destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6649|Canada

Ikarti wrote:

I think it's looked at too simplisticly. I listen to 50 Cent so I'm going to sell drugs. I listen to Marylin Manson so I'm going to shoot up a school. It's easy to just say music or video games or whatever caused it. In the case of Columbine it's a combination of bullying and being just really fucked up to begin with.

As for rap causing violence, it's not a matter of what's being rapped about as far as I see it.  Youth are somewhat/very impressionable. Living in a poor environment or community, if something was aggressively marketed towards you, in this case the music and the artist, and it said "I am rich and famous because I rap and shoot people and sell drugs" etc., wouldn't you consider it a little bit? I listen to it, and most of it is currently garbage, but I have yet to shoot someone in a drug deal in pursuit of wealth and street cred.

Too easy to pin it on music. If music were that influential the world would be far more chaotic than it is already. Shit...think of how all the Bjork fans would act.
QFT for once i agree /w u
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6584
Australia doesn't really have huge problems of that nature.  Three people were killed and it was called a gang war.  Oh yeah, we're hardcore
alpinestar
+304|6619|New York City baby.

topthrill05 wrote:

I can tell you there are worse places in the world than US, Somalia for example.
But then again stupid shit is considered crime in US and is moved towards statistics.

Last edited by alpinestar (2006-08-08 23:51:56)

Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6584

alpinestar wrote:

I can tell you there are worse places in the world than US, Somalia for example..
*Ahem*:

topthrill05 wrote:

Is it this way in other civilized countries?
BVC
+325|6718
Here in NZ we have wannabees.  They dress like gangsters, form gangs and call themselves bloods and crips or whatever but they're just big pussies.  Theres been more of them lately and they have been getting more aggressive, but thats what a meth epidemic does to a country I guess...still not very bad though.

Our gun laws are a bit tighter than the USA's though, the ratio of guns to people is 1:4 and most guns are rifles or shotguns, very few handguns and next to no assault rifles.
blisteringsilence
I'd rather hunt with Cheney than ride with Kennedy
+83|6725|Little Rock, Arkansas
1. Despite what you see on TV, thugs do not carry "assualt rifles." Why, you may ask? Ask someone who's hauled an M16 around a battlefield for a couple of days, and you'll have your answer.

2. Crime is fueled by money, not music or tv. An excellent example is drugs. Its capitalism at its finest. You, then entrepeneur (drug dealer) want the best location with the lowest rent. So, you kills the dude with the best street corner in town, and make an example of why you shouldn't be fucked with by, say, torturing his family. As your business expands, you want to add more locations. So, you kill more people. Then, you want to get into the middleman business. So, you kill the dude that supplies you, and convince his importers to work with you. All this time, you know that a. the DEA will eventually be after you, and b. there are other drug dealers that want to kill you.

3. Don't tell me about these dudes who kill for someone disrespecting them or shit like that. That is, for the most part, shit that comes from TV and politicians who want to distract the masses from their philanderings by blaming crime on gangsta rap.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard