DecJW
Webhoster
+38|6584
Hi guys. Got my E6600 the other day and realised that it didnt come with thermal paste. It has some wierd sticky plastercine-like stuff on the base of the heatsink, but do I still need to buy some more thermal paste for the actuall processor? Thanks guys for any help.....

Looking forward to running my Core 2 Duo...
Reizors
Ninja's > BF2s
+42|6523|Australia
thats thermal tape, its acceptable, but buy some articsilver thermalpaste for best cooling transfer.
internats
Banned
+0|6446
I have a e6600, and it pwns.
ShotYourSix
Boldly going nowhere...
+196|6719|Las Vegas
Thermal paste is much better at conducting heat. They use the pads to compensate for factory and user error.  Unfortunately they tend to trap some heat.  Paste on the other hand, when applied correctly has much better thermal properties.  Remove the pad, and get some good thermal paste like Arctic Silver 5.
DecJW
Webhoster
+38|6584

ShotYourSix wrote:

Thermal paste is much better at conducting heat. They use the pads to compensate for factory and user error.  Unfortunately they tend to trap some heat.  Paste on the other hand, when applied correctly has much better thermal properties.  Remove the pad, and get some good thermal paste like Arctic Silver 5.
Does it matter if I used both?
Airwolf
Latter Alcoholic
+287|6720|Scotland
I'm getting a 6400 on Wednesday to put into my half built system (see below)

I've also bought some arctic silver 5. Can anyone tell me the best way to put this stuff on?
ShotYourSix
Boldly going nowhere...
+196|6719|Las Vegas

[E.F.L]Airwolf wrote:

I've also bought some arctic silver 5. Can anyone tell me the best way to put this stuff on?
http://www.arcticsilver.com/arctic_silv … ctions.htm
ShotYourSix
Boldly going nowhere...
+196|6719|Las Vegas

DecJW wrote:

Does it matter if I used both?
Yes.  Use one or the other but not both.
Airwolf
Latter Alcoholic
+287|6720|Scotland

ShotYourSix wrote:

[E.F.L]Airwolf wrote:

http://www.arcticsilver.com/arctic_silv … ctions.htm
cheers dude

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard