Mostly good. I'm not American.3%3% - 10
Mostly bad. I'm not American.14%14% - 46
Evil. I'm not American.18%18% - 58
Total: 317
spastic bullet
would like to know if you are on crack
+77|6693|vancouver

BigmacK192 wrote:

The news I watch makes no difference in my political standpoint. Thats a common misconception.
Actually, it's backed up by many studies and extensive polling efforts.  Read this and this, for some very clear examples.

Also, this poll is bunk.  I wanted to vote Awesome AND Evil. 
GATOR591957
+84|6780
What's interesting here is the American vote is fairly close.  However the "Not American" vote is very one-sided that our administration is evil.
The_Shipbuilder
Stay the corpse
+261|6653|Los Angeles
After 114 votes, here's a graphic

https://img338.imageshack.us/img338/9716/bushbf2sdt4.png

Last edited by The_Shipbuilder (2006-08-09 11:34:14)

Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6842|Tampa Bay Florida

The_Shipbuilder wrote:

After 114 votes, here's a graphic

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/9716/bushbf2sdt4.png
thanks for putting that together.  Tho you can tell from the votes, it's much easier to interpret the stats when its put into pie chart form.
The_Shipbuilder
Stay the corpse
+261|6653|Los Angeles
That's a pretty intense quote in your sig. Do you have a verifiable link?
Raptor1
+19|6640
Bush is one of the few people in the world and think, man that guy is a dumbass
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6734|SE London

Raptor1 wrote:

Bush is one of the few people in the world and think, man that guy is a dumbass
What?

What do you mean Bush is one of the few people in the world? There are quite a lot of us you know, nearly 7 Billion.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy

The_Shipbuilder wrote:

That's a pretty intense quote in your sig. Do you have a verifiable link?
I'm guessing you meant me

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hermann_G%C3%B6ring#Quotes

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Hermann_G%C3%B6ring

http://www.snopes.com/quotes/goering.htm

http://www.answers.google.com/answers/m … ;id=235519

http://en.thinkexist.com/quotes/hermann_goering/

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en& … ing+quotes

There's a lot more

Quite a coincidence, eh?

Last edited by Spearhead (2006-08-09 15:07:40)

comet241
+164|6918|Normal, IL
i voted for bush, not necessarily for the man but for the party. you have to realize that one man doesn't run the country, the whole party does. he makes very few of the actual decisions.

i would love to see the poll of had an age choice in there, how many people are of legal voting age and love/hate him.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6804|USA
one question

If America is sooooooo bad, why are people risking there lives to get HERE far and away more than any other country on the planet??

It would appear that, although America is NOT perfect, we are a hell of alot closer to it, all things considered, than the rest of you.

Remember, WE are the ones with the IMmigration problem, not the migration problem.
The_Shipbuilder
Stay the corpse
+261|6653|Los Angeles

lowing wrote:

one question

If America is sooooooo bad, why are people risking there lives to get HERE far and away more than any other country on the planet??

It would appear that, although America is NOT perfect, we are a hell of alot closer to it, all things considered, than the rest of you.

Remember, WE are the ones with the IMmigration problem, not the migration problem.
Put away your claws, kitten. We're not talking about America. We're talking about the Bush administration. There is a *very* big difference.

But your unequivocal statement that America is "a hell of a lot closer to perfect" than all the rest of the world is a very bold one, my friend. To be able to say that would require an extremely in-depth knowledge of the cultures, laws, and governance of hundreds of nations around the world. I would guess you do NOT have such wisdom and knowledge to make such a deduction. If you do, prove it. Explain specifically why America is "closer to perfect" than Norway or New Zealand.

If you cannot get specific, then please stop whining and go read something. If you think America is the only country in the world with immigration issues, think again. I guarantee you that in 2006, every single country modern enough to have young boys in their twenties able to post on the internet about Battlefield 2 has immigration problems.

Listen to what people say when they complain about America. There is such a thing as constructive criticism, and you will ignore it at your own peril.  By all means be a flag waver - I am a proud one - but know where it comes from. Your public displays of ignorance just give the rest of us Americans a bad name.
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6806

The_Shipbuilder wrote:

lowing wrote:

one question

Put away your claws, kitten. We're not talking about America. We're talking about the Bush administration. There is a *very* big difference.

But your unequivocal statement that America is "a hell of a lot closer to perfect" than all the rest of the world is a very bold one, my friend. To be able to say that would require an extremely in-depth knowledge of the cultures, laws, and governance of hundreds of nations around the world. I would guess you do NOT have such wisdom and knowledge to make such a deduction. If you do, prove it. Explain specifically why America is "closer to perfect" than Norway or New Zealand.

If you cannot get specific, then please stop whining and go read something. If you think America is the only country in the world with immigration issues, think again. I guarantee you that in 2006, every single country modern enough to have young boys in their twenties able to post on the internet about Battlefield 2 has immigration problems.

Listen to what people say when they complain about America. There is such a thing as constructive criticism, and you will ignore it at your own peril.  By all means be a flag waver - I am a proud one - but know where it comes from. Your public displays of ignorance just give the rest of us Americans a bad name.
Got to love lowings sweeping generalisations about what he perceives as sweeping generalisations of the States and her allies...

It would appear that, although The_Shipbuilders understanding of the rest of the world is NOT perfect, he is a hell of alot closer to it, all things considered, than lowing. 
The_Shipbuilder
Stay the corpse
+261|6653|Los Angeles

UnOriginalNuttah wrote:

The_Shipbuilders understanding of the rest of the world is NOT perfect
+1 for uttering one of the few undeniably true statements I've yet read in these forums.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6708

lowing wrote:

Because enforcement of your immigration laws is woefully slack?

lowing wrote:

Oh yeah - all those people flooding into Ireland right now in the backs of container trucks are completely fictional. Same goes for all those trying to cross the Gibraltar Straits into Spain and trying to get from Calais in France to Dover in England. My mistake.
ReTox
+100|6652|State of RETOXification
bush = Evil
cheney = Evil
rumsfeld = Evil

I don't live in the US and I am not an American (happy about it as well).  Now don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing the US, I'm just happy I don't have a target on my ass everywhere I go.  Now your current government I will bash with everything I have until they are gone.  My disgust of BCR (bush cheney rumsfeld) almost knows no bounds... almost.  Although I would never wish them any physical harm, I will not be sympathetic when they finally reap what they sow.  Karma is a wicked mistress, she'll bust your balls too!  Just need to wait for it.  If you have doubts ask Jim Baker or Mel Gibson.

Note: Those that take exception to me or others calling the president Evil have that right, free speech... it's awesome... just don't expect those that afford you that right to shrink when we wish to exercise it ourselves.
GATOR591957
+84|6780

lowing wrote:

one question

I don't believe people think we the US are bad.  I think they and I both feel Bush is a blemish on America.  He has single-handedly changed foreign opinion of the US as viewed by the rest of the world.  I also agree plain and simple he is a dumb ass and the evil comes from Cheney and Rumsfeld.  But as the leader he bears the responsibility.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6804|USA

The_Shipbuilder wrote:

lowing wrote:

one question

Gee, your patronizing comment really cut me to the quick.

But since you asked why I think America is "closer to perfect" than any other country I will tell you.

The contributions made by America to the world to improve quality of life in the past 100 years is by far more numerous than any other. computers, air travel, cars, internet ( ask Al Gore) etc... Please tell me the latest contribution form Norway or New Zealand. America is a leading pioneer in research and development for the future. Our quality of life is superior.

your second paragraph. my response to that is: Better take a look back at all the posts, I am not the whiner in here. I am not the one bitching about how bad America is or Bush is or Chaney. So you can re think that one. If there is a country on Earth with a greater influx of immigrants please list it. If not then my point is valid. America MUST be the number chosen place to immigrate to.

As far as your "constructive criticism" goes, it is bullshit, and you know it. You are Bush HATERS and most of you are America haters, there is no constructive criticism to go with that. If you looked at this country and this administration "constructively" you would recognize and applaud the thwarted terror plots by England and America. I will, however, NOT hold my breath waiting for such accolades form you. Bush, in your eyes can never do anything right, for one reason, it was Bush who did it, or said it. Not because you flat disagree, but because it came from Bush.  If the very same action came from a democrat, you would be all for it. There is no constructive criticism that goes with that. So you can stow that bullshit as well, little kitten.

Last edited by lowing (2006-08-10 17:19:28)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6804|USA

CameronPoe wrote:

lowing wrote:

lowing wrote:

Oh yeah - all those people flooding into Ireland right now in the backs of container trucks are completely fictional. Same goes for all those trying to cross the Gibraltar Straits into Spain and trying to get from Calais in France to Dover in England. My mistake.
Didn't say other countries were not having immagration, I said the US has far and away MORE IMMAGRATION than the rest. Your point is mute. I will agree with the first paragragh, however.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6804|USA

GATOR591957 wrote:

lowing wrote:

one question

I don't believe people think we the US are bad.  I think they and I both feel Bush is a blemish on America.  He has single-handedly changed foreign opinion of the US as viewed by the rest of the world.  I also agree plain and simple he is a dumb ass and the evil comes from Cheney and Rumsfeld.  But as the leader he bears the responsibility.
Don't for get to criticize Bush and Blair for saving literally thousands of lives today. Yeah they can't do anything right can they??

Thank you England, a job well down.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy

lowing wrote:

GATOR591957 wrote:

lowing wrote:

one question

Don't for get to criticize Bush and Blair for saving literally thousands of lives today. Yeah they can't do anything right can they??

Ironic, hundreds of thousands are still dying all around the world.  Some countries are in much worse shape than Iraq ever was in all of history. 

Bush and Blair certainly did it from the bottom of their hearts, /sarcasm, I wonder why they picked such a comparitively peaceful country compared to numerous African countries.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6910|Argentina

lowing wrote:

one question

Wow, some serious bullshit you're sayin.  Do you think US is a better place coz you have immigration issues??
You're very wrong my friend.  If you'd leave the rock where you live and see the sun light, you'd realize that there are a lot of countries with a better way of life than US.  I can neme a few for you to know 'em, Ireland, New Zealand, Australia, Sweden, Norge, Denmark, France (big immigration problems), Holland, Germany, etc.
The mexicans or cubans that went to US did it coz they were starving and bought the american dream propaganda.  They finished mostly washing dishes at Starbucks or wraping bags at Wall Mart.  Very close to perfection.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6910|Argentina

lowing wrote:

GATOR591957 wrote:

lowing wrote:

one question

They didn't saved anybody life, they risked UK people lifes coz of their mistakes.  Do you think that Uk would have been bombed last year if they wouldn't take part in the war in Irak?  Blair did nothin, MI5 police did the work.  Blair was probably likin Bush ass.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6910|Argentina

lowing wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

lowing wrote:

lowing wrote:

Didn't say other countries were not having immagration, I said the US has far and away MORE IMMAGRATION than the rest. Your point is mute. I will agree with the first paragragh, however.
And so what?  If people is eating shit in their home, they will go to a place where shit tastes a little better.  Period.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6804|USA

Spearhead wrote:

lowing wrote:

GATOR591957 wrote:

Ironic, hundreds of thousands are still dying all around the world.  Some countries are in much worse shape than Iraq ever was in all of history. 

Bush and Blair certainly did it from the bottom of their hearts, /sarcasm, I wonder why they picked such a comparitively peaceful country compared to numerous African countries.
Maybe cuz African countries never flew planesinto our buildings killing 3000 and then continuously plot even more such attacks......Whatcha think???
The_Shipbuilder
Stay the corpse
+261|6653|Los Angeles

lowing wrote:

But since you asked why I think America is "closer to perfect" than any other country I will tell you.

The contributions made by America to the world to improve quality of life in the past 100 years is by far more numerous than any other. computers, air travel, cars, internet ( ask Al Gore) etc... Please tell me the latest contribution form Norway or New Zealand. America is a leading pioneer in research and development for the future. Our quality of life is superior.
I'm trying to see your point, but your logic escapes me.

You earlier said that America was closer to perfect than any other country in the world. You provide a grand total of one point to back up that statement: America has contributed a lot of things to improve the quality of life around the world. But these contributions are enjoyed everywhere around the world, lowing. As an example: a Chinese guy who's never been to America can drive the same cars, can buy the same computers, can use the internet, can travel by the same airlines. Since this is the only reason you've provided, the American contribution to global society, how are you able to claim that my quality of life is better than the guy in China? You have nothing to say about governance, about culture, and about society? Well we can can only assume that you know nothing about the topics.

Your definition of "quality of life" is wholly predicated on how many widely-recognized "contributions" a country has made to the world. This is disingenuous. Simplistic at best.

But I'll help you out, lowing. Here's how you might argue your case, for future reference:

"The perfect country is that where the spirit of industry and creativity thrives so much that its contributions to its own and to global society far surpass those of other nations. Last year America claimed 33.6% of the total number of international patent applications - a clear measure of inventiveness and dedication to global welfare. In comparison, the #2 country was Japan with 18.8%. Here is a link to back up this statement. In my opinion, that is the only measure of perfection in this world, and America comes the closest to it."

Note my use of things like "sources", "definitions" and "numbers" to make "comparisons" and "deductions". These things come in super handy. Unfortunately, your definition of "quality of life" was weak, your logic poor, and you've shown no competence in using simple comparison and measurable, verifiable facts to back up your claim.

That said, lowing, I'll accept your implicit statement that "quality of life" is an excellent basis of comparison for determining which country is "closest to perfect". However, I won't pretend to be able to conduct such a comparison. How about The Economist, a widely-respected, CONSERVATIVE (are your pants getting tight yet?) old publication? What do they have to say about it?

https://www.economist.com/images/worldin2005/qualitytable.gif

A tie for 12th place. Not necessarily a unanimous endorsement for Lady Liberty eh lowing? You can read up on how this survey was conducted, but in short it was based on life-satisfaction surveys conducted in each country on the list. I'll spell it out for you: Americans' estimation of their own quality of life is not as high as that for people in eleven other countries in the world.

Ireland FTW.

lowing wrote:

your second paragraph. my response to that is: Better take a look back at all the posts, I am not the whiner in here. I am not the one bitching about how bad America is or Bush is or Chaney. So you can re think that one.
Fair enough, you are not a whiner.

Though I'd argue it's worse to be an American (let alone a supporter of the current administration) unable to spell the vice president's name. But. Anyway.

lowing wrote:

If there is a country on Earth with a greater influx of immigrants please list it. If not then my point is valid. America MUST be the number chosen place to immigrate to.
Are you changing your view there, lowing? It sure sounds like it. Last time you said "Remember, WE are the ones with the IMmigration problem, not the migration problem." You didn't say "We have a greater influx of immigrants than your country does". You suggested that other countries have problems with people moving away.

But heck lowing. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. I'll assume that when you said "migration problem" you meant "immigration problem less acute than that felt by the United States".

Anyway, you asked for proof that another country has a greater influx of immigrants than the United States. First of all, it's better to use facts to support your statements, rather than to make statements with no basis in fact and then ask people to prove you wrong. For example: there is no such thing as God as Christians would have you believe. The universe was created by a Flying Spaghetti Monster. I challenge you to provide facts to prove otherwise.

But if you want a country on earth with a greater immigration problem than the United States, look north. It's Canada. Canada has the highest per capita immigration rate in the world. You want me to use verifiable sources, something you haven't done yet? Done and done. Pwned.

Now I know you won't set yourself up for further embarrassment by insisting that gross annual immigration statistics are more relevant than per capita numbers. Right, lowing?

lowing wrote:

As far as your "constructive criticism" goes, it is bullshit, and you know it. You are Bush HATERS and most of you are America haters, there is no constructive criticism to go with that.
Regarding criticism vs bullshit: wise people learn from the wheat while ignoring the chaff. You're just calling everything chaff, throwing it all out, and walking away with nothing. Not the smartest move if you ask me, but that's just my opinion.

Regarding Bush: I don't hate Bush. I just think he's a moron.

Now if you can tell me something specific that Bush did right, I'll praise him for it. But a warning lowing, your definition of "something Bush did right" may differ from the people with whom you often disagree. For example you can't just say "he's fighting the war on terror". That's not inherently a good thing, because some of us think the war on terror is a red herring. Try to find something he did right that you think I'll appreciate. If you do, and you cite a valid source, I'll give you kudos.

lowing wrote:

If you looked at this country and this administration "constructively" you would recognize and applaud the thwarted terror plots by England and America.
I wholeheartedly applaud the British and the Pakistanis for their work in thwarting the plot. If you can provide any source showing how American organizations aided in the success of the operation, I will be more than happy to recognize and applaud them.

But when you bring up the UK terror thing you're muddying things up, lowing. This post is about the Bush administration. Not about police officers, the military, or the secret service. Those people are just doing their jobs, and doing them well, judging from the success in the UK. They are not Bush. Bush is not responsible for the thwarted plot. I thought our troops were fighting in Iraq so they wouldn't have to fight on our soil. Yet it looks as if somehow that strategy isn't working. Fortunately the British were there to save our asses.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard