RoBoBoR
+0|6683
Found out today that a round with minus points is not gonna be added to your total global points.

Because of all the 1.3 crashes I had decided to quit this game for a while until the 1.4 patch. I thought that 66.666 points was a nice goal for stopping. Unfortunately I managed to get one point more. So I tried another round with one extra team point and a suicide to make it 66.666. It didn't work. I tried it once more with no luck either. After searching the forum I understand that minus points IAR just add up as zero after the round. So no chance of ever getting back to 66.666 :-(

Btw, after a bit of thinking I can understand why EA has done it like this. I guess if they hadn't done it we would have had a quitw a few assholes trying to get mega negative global scores. But I can tell you I am a little bit pissed off anyway ....

Oh well, what can you do, maybe 1.4 will be here soon.
alexilaiho68
Where's my coffee gone!?
+45|6501|Australia
Thats a big sig!
Doggehspike
~Ð~
+41|6495
I actually never knew that

Last edited by Doggehspike (2006-08-08 04:40:40)

Samtheman53
Banned
+346|6697|UK

alexilaiho68 wrote:

Thats a big sig!
Slam
+74|6637

alexilaiho68 wrote:

Thats a big sig!
lol +1 caz that was retarded
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6567|Area 51

RoBoBoR wrote:

Found out today that a round with minus points is not gonna be added to your total global points.

Because of all the 1.3 crashes I had decided to quit this game for a while until the 1.4 patch. I thought that 66.666 points was a nice goal for stopping. Unfortunately I managed to get one point more. So I tried another round with one extra team point and a suicide to make it 66.666. It didn't work. I tried it once more with no luck either. After searching the forum I understand that minus points IAR just add up as zero after the round. So no chance of ever getting back to 66.666 :-(

Btw, after a bit of thinking I can understand why EA has done it like this. I guess if they hadn't done it we would have had a quitw a few assholes trying to get mega negative global scores. But I can tell you I am a little bit pissed off anyway ....

Oh well, what can you do, maybe 1.4 will be here soon.
Crap and my plan was to tk my clanmate untill I came back to 0 zero points again, a damn.. Ah well Now I can just tk him without loosin my points!! w00t
alexilaiho68
Where's my coffee gone!?
+45|6501|Australia
HMM, I wonder what the DEmotion sound in the BF2 files zip is for then?

EDIT: yes, DE motion

Last edited by alexilaiho68 (2006-08-08 04:54:15)

jord
+2,382|6680|The North, beyond the wall.

alexilaiho68 wrote:

When you loose commander or something.

I always knew,when someone pissed me off i would mega TK him and my score wouldn't go down.

Last edited by jord (2006-08-08 04:56:23)

alexilaiho68
Where's my coffee gone!?
+45|6501|Australia

jord wrote:

alexilaiho68 wrote:

When you loose commander or something.

I always knew,when someone pissed me off i would mega TK him and my score wouldn't go down.
ahhhh ok

and yes, I've known since I 1st started
Daz
+14|6520|Somalia
Cool.

I always wondered if you could get a few minus points and go back a rank but I guess not.

I guess it only prevents you getting your score potential on that server for that round.

May as well just join another.
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6629|Warlord

RoBoBoR wrote:

Because of all the 1.3 crashes I had decided to quit this game for a while until the 1.4 patch. I thought that 66.666 points was a nice goal for stopping. Unfortunately I managed to get one point more. So I tried another round with one extra team point and a suicide to make it 66.666. It didn't work. I tried it once more with no luck either.
Good to see someone go and do some practical research to prove that it's so. I wonder if this means they didn't implement (or stopped using, in the one of the patches) the demotion feature?

BTW, max depth for a sig graphic is 320 I think.
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6548|Doncaster, UK
I thought max height of a sig was 250 pixels?

Perhaps being able to get a - score against your global would be a good addition, might stop all the retards who TK for vehicles n shit.
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6644|Burmecia, Land of the Rain
Demoted sound:

Played when a new Sergeant Major of the Corps. is selected.
The old SMOTC hears that sound.

/theory

Todd_Angelo wrote:

BTW, max depth for a sig graphic is 320 I think.

Last edited by spawnofthemist (2006-08-08 09:28:40)

RoBoBoR
+0|6683

DoctorFruitloop wrote:

I thought max height of a sig was 250 pixels?

Perhaps being able to get a - score against your global would be a good addition, might stop all the retards who TK for vehicles n shit.
Don't think that would work. Those retards accept the minus score for TK to get the vehicle/plane and then get enough points to not bother about the minus points at all. It's only at the end of the round when your score is still negative you get away with it.

Btw, I guess my sig was a bit over the top, it's now back to acceptable size but I have to make something better now

Last edited by RoBoBoR (2006-08-08 15:49:20)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard