CloakedStarship
+76|6588
1st off, I apolgise in advance for starting another joystick topic, but I have used the search function for a while and decided that I need some new information before I can decide on buying one.

From what I have seen, the logitech line was deemed to be.. unreliable.  The more popular choice i have seen come up in many topics is the Cyborg Evo. 

Now my biggest problem is all this "Force Feedback" nonsence I see everywhere.  From what I gather, it improves realism within the game, but I dont know if it actually improves gameplay or not.  There is a $30 difference inbetween Force and no force feedback in the joysticks, and I need to know if it is WORTH IT.

Also any suggestions on an affordable quality joystick other than the Evo would be appreciated.

Thanks for any help rendered in advance.

-Cloaked
LT.Victim
+1,175|6585|British Columbia, Canada
I have a Logitech Extreme3D Pro, Never failed me.. so i don't know why others are calling theirs un-reliable
1NfE5T
I'll sleep when i'm dead
+11|6740|Houston,Texas

LT.Victim wrote:

I have a Logitech Extreme3D Pro, Never failed me.. so i don't know why others are calling theirs un-reliable
Hell yea, has never failed on me goin on year #2
BolvisOculus
Spagett!
+167|6641|Manitowoc, WI
Really, the Extreme 3D pro has been that reliable?  Well thats good news for me becasue i just ordered one and will get in the mail tomarrow.

About the feedback,  people that i know that have one said that they can get annoying.  If you dont plug in the controller to use the force feedback, then its like playing without a spring and you can litteraly play with just your finger (minus the rutter control).  Some people like it, but then you are paying the extra money to have the spring REMOVED basically.

Last edited by BolvisOculus (2006-08-07 17:43:12)

Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6572|UK

My Logitech Extreme3D is fucked up, well sort of, I can still fly with it, but its very sluggish, in the calibration window, I cant acces all area's right turns are dead, I mean its that bad I fly the J-10 with the grace of a bomber, any advice what I should do about it before I go buy another one?

And to the original poster, yea its a great joystick, just a bitch when something goes wrong, as with anything.
sgt.napalmcb
C4 CRAZY!
+73|6671|United Kingdom
well i think most joysticks are all very good these days, but right now i have a 'Saitek ST290 PRO' and it works brilliantly... also it isnt too expensive!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard