slicknic
+145|6644
I was recently asked if I use Auto or single fire when playing infantry, and realized that most pubbers out there dont know when to use either.  No, I dont think I am the best infantry evar, but think i can help.

First question is when (and why) to use auto and when to use single.  I base this mainly on distance.  Its simple, but if they are up close, you want it on auto.
  If your shooting at someone probably some 50+ (estimate) units away then I normally use single shot.  Using single shot increases the accuracy of the gun slightly i believe.   Also note that when using single fire, I usually prone to get maximum accuracy, aim for their head, and only shoot once the recoil is gone in hopes for an accurate shot.  Remember to change back to auto fire in case someone jumps around the corner.

When there is a grey area as to when to use single shot and auto I use the following as a rule of thumb.  I take a shot at them while prone and if i get no damage feedback I will switch to single fire. 

Now when using auto, spray and pray works, but it is not recommended.  Unless you dont really care and want to be lazy, dont spray n pray.  What you should do is burst.  And not only that, aim at their head too.  If you can get accurate with headshots, you can mow down many people w/o taking any damage, in a few swift shots. There is nothing like having 1 bullet left in clip and confronted w/ an enemy to 1 shot them.  Also you wont have to reload as much, leaving you more time to kill more people. 

When bursting you only want to use a few shots at a time.  By few i mean ~3, then lay off the trigger for a second until you think the gun is 'cooled down' and repeat. 

This is all greatly enhanced with the use of prone spamming.  Many people hate it but if you want to be as effective as possible, it can transform you from killing 1 or 2 at a time, to killing multiple people, or at least until one of their spray n prays smack you in the head.

Feel free to check out my infy video, and count how many bullets it takes to kill a person, its somewhere from 10 to 1 normally, except for the few times i spray(where you notice it takes alot Longer to kill the person).  There arent many single shot kills just cuz those usually arent that spectacular.  Also note that this is just highlights from one day of playing, and is not an unrealistic view of killing multiple people.
DeadboyUSMC
+65|6717|NCFSU2
Some good points, don't know if the use of the prone spamming should be condoned...

In case some peeps were wondering, "Die motherf***er die" works pretty well for LMG bursts.
xintegrityx
set your body ablaze
+37|6747|Louisiana
I hate the term "prone spamming." Oh no, you went prone to get better accuracy, which is exactly what you're supposed to do! You're such a noob!
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6780

xintegrityx wrote:

I hate the term "prone spamming." Oh no, you went prone to get better accuracy, which is exactly what you're supposed to do! You're such a noob!
Since when is prone spamming just going to the prone firing position?
jord
+2,382|6696|The North, beyond the wall.

usmarine2005 wrote:

xintegrityx wrote:

Theres so many terms for infantry combat in BF2 it's hard to follow.

I always assumed Dolphin diving is What volx does and prone spamming is when you go prone everytime you see an enemy[what i do].
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6780

jord wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

xintegrityx wrote:

I always assumed Dolphin diving is What volx does and prone spamming is when you go prone everytime you see an enemy[what i do].
I thought prone spamming is when you stay in the prone position while levitating off the ground for a second and so on.
xintegrityx
set your body ablaze
+37|6747|Louisiana

usmarine2005 wrote:

xintegrityx wrote:

That's what I assumed it was...

What is it really then?
jord

usmarine2005 wrote:

jord wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

I thought prone spamming is when you stay in the prone position while levitating off the ground for a second and so on.
Well i thought that was dolphin diving,maybe it changed.

And jumping is bunny hopping,right?

Who made all these terms...

Can i give up?

Last edited by jord (2006-08-07 11:32:19)

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6780

I am confused.  Just take cover and fire you tossers.
=TFF=Omen_NataS
+60|6558
O Rly [Where is the owl when you need him]
jord

=TFF=Omen_NataS wrote:

O Rly [Where is the owl when you need him]
He died.There was a post.
Irish.r3
+15|6512|Los Angeles, CA United States
M16 on single fire and just rapid fire....best tactic for infantry. M16 rapid fire on single shot is quite accurate.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6539|Austin, Texas

usmarine2005 wrote:

jord wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

Me too. I always thought dolphin diving was standing, jumping to prone, standing, proning, etc.
slicknic
+145|6644
well in my mind, prone spamming is when you lay down get up repeatedly... (you literally spam prone).  Dolphin diving is jumping and proning mid air and repeating.  I think bunny hopping is just jumping around in general trying to dodge fire.

but anyway thanks for that pro derailment of my thread heh.
l41e
+677|6666

Don't do stuff that makes your character look like a demented rabbit.
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6716

MadKatter wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

jord wrote:

Me too. I always thought dolphin diving was standing, jumping to prone, standing, proning, etc.
Yes, you're correct. Prone spamming gives the image of the soldier raping the ground, or when strafing, a frog.
cablecopulate
+449|6756|Massachusetts.
https://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a242/cablecopulate/ph.jpg
pndragon26
+23|6704
Great, now people will cry "prone whore"... And EA/Dice will make a new patch to stop going prone.
Wasder
Resident Emo Hater
+139|6693|Moscow, Russia
Well Slicknick, having read you guide and knowing you put your time and effort into writing that, there's only one thing I want to say:

https://img260.imageshack.us/img260/9823/orlybn8.jpg

Thanks for telling us what everybody with a bit of brain knows. I feel enlightened, do you guys?

Last edited by Wasder (2006-08-07 13:30:37)

slicknic
+145|6644

Wasder wrote:

Thanks for telling us what everybody with a bit of brain knows.
or 400 hours played.   I bet when you started you didnt even know there was an auto or single fire... I know i didnt (actually i thought it was 'jammed' or something when accidentally selecting single shot)
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6584|England

slicknic wrote:

Wasder wrote:

Thanks for telling us what everybody with a bit of brain knows.
or 400 hours played.   I bet when you started you didnt even know there was an auto or single fire... I know i didnt (actually i thought it was 'jammed' or something when accidentally selecting single shot)
I thought I was the only one

Good starting for the people who dont know. Fortunatly, Ive picked it up and do a lot of that already
xX[Elangbam]Xx
+107|6716
did ne1 else see those movies of slicknick, what was that red crosshair zooming in thing? Was it like a macro or seomthing cuz i don't know what it is
slicknic
+145|6644

xX[Elangbam]Xx wrote:

did ne1 else see those movies of slicknick, what was that red crosshair zooming in thing? Was it like a macro or seomthing cuz i don't know what it is
haha i didnt expect people to get so confused by that... its just some video editing.  In game that doesnt happen... i was just tryin to make it look cool ^^
xX[Elangbam]Xx
+107|6716

slicknic wrote:

xX[Elangbam]Xx wrote:

haha i didnt expect people to get so confused by that... its just some video editing.  In game that doesnt happen... i was just tryin to make it look cool ^^
i figured that, but i wasn't sure b/c i don't have macro abilities or fraps abilities
darkcrystal
First Aid! Here!
+12|6706
prone spamming = z ctrl z ctrl z ctrl z ctrl z ctrl z ctrl z ctrl z ctrl z ctrl z ctrl z ctrl z ctrl z ctrl z ctrl

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard