Irish.r3
+15|6532|Los Angeles, CA United States
Ok I have finally had enough of this, I will put this as simply as I can. Attack helicopters are not meant to capture ****ing flags. I just love the pilots who fly past the 3 tanks and choppers attacking us to cap a flag.

I swear to god some of you have the situational awareness of a retard. Is it that you see them but dont care? Or your afraid to attack? Cmon give me an answer. While capping flags is good, it was never meant to be done by attack helicopters with tv guided missles and rocket pods and a chain gun. You wanna cap flags, grab a ****ing buggy or jeep and have fun, but dont waste a beast of a killing machine capping flags.

Another thing I want to comment on is the refusal or inability to set a gunner up for a shot. When I finally get a pilot that trys to set me up for a shot typically he has no idea how high to tilt the nose. Some pilots are so bad at it, my tv missle screen is looking up at the sky, then we die and he asks why i didnt shoot....and blames me for our death.

Another thing dont ****ing hover, for gods sake dont hover. I cant stress this enough, especially if theres a decent chopper crew on the other team, hovering is just asking for a tv missle to be stuck up ur ***. Slide, barrel roll w/e...just dont hover when fighting another chopper or when in range or height of an enemy tank.

Last but certainly not least, situational awareness. Ok i'll note 3 things a chopper pilot can do to increASe there situational awareness....A) Set your mini map to the largest view by pressing N. This way when i spot tanks, chopper etc... out, you can see them. B)Dont fly low, you cant see much and your flares are very ineffective. C) Please read the in-game chat, when I spot objects out, head towards them, i'm not spotting em out for kicks and giggles, attack them!
Ben>You
+90|6564
Search.
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6789|Chicago.
Agreed, these choppers have one purpose, to attack. Thus the name, attack helo's.

I also agree with what you have said here. I don't gun much, but I do fly some and I try to do everything you state here. It keeps me alive.

+1.
-=CB=-krazykarl
not always PWD, but usually.
+95|6574|Carlsbad, CA, USA

nice, i couldn't agree more. i can't fly that well but i can gun and tv awesome, if set up right, i usually end up looking to low to tv because the pilot is setting up for rocket shots.
-=CB=-krazykarl
not always PWD, but usually.
+95|6574|Carlsbad, CA, USA

Ben>You wrote:

Search.
you search, this is the complaint section, let the man complain.
eagles1106
+269|6622|Marlton, New Jersey.
and no, the good attack chopper pilot will cap flags AFTER killing threats.  why? because its easier then having infantry cap flags and you can defend it easier.  at least on maps like wake as the USMC, capping something like north base in the cobra or another base will greatly boost your teams chances.  its not hard, you go in, kill any threats, then cap the flag while still being aware, i would know, im a roxorz soxorz pilot!
Marlboroman82
Personal philosophy: Clothing optional.
+1,022|6661|Camp XRay

What should be done after the enemy soldiers have been stapled to the ground is that the chopper should move in and cover ground units while they cap the flags. While doing this they should be able to help cap it as well. Remember this was supposed to be a team game.
https://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l250/marlboroman82/Untitled-8.png
Thumper
+10|6730
Couldn't agree more

need a good pilot

Thumper9
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6587|UK

I would say perhaps go for 5 second hovers at the flag, maybe try and get your self a point if you time it right, but I could not agree more.

90% of my time in attack helos is piloting, iv had every gunner type and not one has disagreed with how I do things, of late I have went for the gunners seat, and stupidity some pilots display is nothing short of idiotic.

E.g, he was caping a flag, all be it using the trees as cover, eventhough its his job I go to outside views searching for threat's, I notice the enemy attack heli, and a tank heading towards us, I spammed 'move it' till I was blocked, was typing get going, and obviously, the tv missile got us.  Then the tank shot at our reckage to ad insult to injury, after it I asked why didnt you pay attention to what I was telling you.  His reply was, My bad Fubar.............. (my clan tag btw) still atleast its a type of apoligy.

Just fly them your self may not get thee most points but atleast your getting a team score.
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6635|Seattle

Come fly with me.
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6700|USA
I have a question on this topic. I am an ok helo pilot but a better gunner. I have tv'd 3-4 things in a row, then the pilot line me up and no matter how many times I click, the tv missile will not shoot. Im not out of missiles, that I know of. How many do you get anyway? Someone mentioned it was a bug but I look like an idiot with a perfect shot and I have to resort to the chain gun. Is it a bug or am I out of missiles? If the latter how can I tell?
Irish.r3
I need to touch a bit on gunners now.....

I honestly used to feel bad useing the ol' eject button (hanging em off the border). I always thought every1's gotta start somewhere and we should all have equal rights to vehicles. I had patience for a while, sure he'd miss every shot and my KDR was 2-10 but back then stats didnt mean much to me. So for months I sat patiently as gunner after gunner messed up my stats and missed most of his shots. there were a few amazing gunners that must have been godsend and who did extremely well. And im seeing these "godsend" gunners more and more which is good. Then soloing came around and for a while most people thought of it as a hack and I remember these forums were spammed with topics on soloing known as hacking back then, I personally thought it was a hack as well, but after seeing a clan mate do it, I eventually caught on and began useing it when I could. Eventually I pretty much lost patience with pilots/gunners and now im pretty much a grumpy jerk who could care less about teaching you how to gun.

Now im not saying new players have no right to fly or gun. But heres what i did to learn how to fly and gun. Go into an empty server and practice. bring a friend if need be. I remember it took me a good 15 minutes to learn how to fly in an empty server.
Irish.r3

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

I have a question on this topic. I am an ok helo pilot but a better gunner. I have tv'd 3-4 things in a row, then the pilot line me up and no matter how many times I click, the tv missile will not shoot. Im not out of missiles, that I know of. How many do you get anyway? Someone mentioned it was a bug but I look like an idiot with a perfect shot and I have to resort to the chain gun. Is it a bug or am I out of missiles? If the latter how can I tell?
You get 8 missles. And yes there is a "dud" bug. It may be a design decision to enhance reality. Im not sure. basically your missle jams.
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6700|USA

Irish.r3 wrote:

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

You get 8 missles. And yes there is a "dud" bug. It may be a design decision to enhance reality. Im not sure. basically your missle jams.
THought there was a bug. Thanks man.
Jonaphatus
+10|6643|Copenhagen
When you get in gunners seat and the pilot tries to cap flag I start, Negative; No, Sir, Negative. There's people all over the place and the gun only has 160 degrees sight-range. It pissed me off. Another death racked up to a crappy pilot.
When you fly with a good pilot, he lines up shots, and when you call out, "enemy slick spotted" :-), "enemy tank spotted" or "what-ever"  he knows it's you saying it, and lines up the shots, and you kick ass. (press f1 or f2 to bring up players in chopper or vihicle)
Noob pilots read the "manual" watch the videos on this site. Get better by reading  & watching stuff, there is a lot of help out there.
Learn and have 200 % more fun, kicking a*s in choppers is f*c*ing great

Last edited by Jonaphatus (2006-08-07 11:49:10)

Jenkinsbball
Banned
+149|6586|USA bitches!

Irish.r3 wrote:

Ok I have finally had enough of this, I will put this as simply as I can. Attack helicopters are not meant to capture ****ing flags. I just love the pilots who fly past the 3 tanks and choppers attacking us to cap a flag.

I swear to god some of you have the situational awareness of a retard. Is it that you see them but dont care? Or your afraid to attack? Cmon give me an answer. While capping flags is good, it was never meant to be done by attack helicopters with tv guided missles and rocket pods and a chain gun. You wanna cap flags, grab a ****ing buggy or jeep and have fun, but dont waste a beast of a killing machine capping flags.

Another thing I want to comment on is the refusal or inability to set a gunner up for a shot. When I finally get a pilot that trys to set me up for a shot typically he has no idea how high to tilt the nose. Some pilots are so bad at it, my tv missle screen is looking up at the sky, then we die and he asks why i didnt shoot....and blames me for our death.

Another thing dont ****ing hover, for gods sake dont hover. I cant stress this enough, especially if theres a decent chopper crew on the other team, hovering is just asking for a tv missle to be stuck up ur ***. Slide, barrel roll w/e...just dont hover when fighting another chopper or when in range or height of an enemy tank.

Last but certainly not least, situational awareness. Ok i'll note 3 things a chopper pilot can do to increASe there situational awareness....A) Set your mini map to the largest view by pressing N. This way when i spot tanks, chopper etc... out, you can see them. B)Dont fly low, you cant see much and your flares are very ineffective. C) Please read the in-game chat, when I spot objects out, head towards them, i'm not spotting em out for kicks and giggles, attack them!
I want to fly with you, really. I can never find a good pilot or gunner to play with. Always some stupid noob capping flags or crashing into trees and shit. This one game, this guy named Billllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll asked for a good gunner. I volunteered and met up with him a few minutes later. What did he do? Hovered and got us shot down multiple times. I finally gave up, called him a cunt, and soloed the rest of the round.

If you're a bad pilot, don't fly. Get in a tank. Simple as that. Now, go cry about us soloers and how we're better than everyone else.

We need to hook up sometime, xfire is Jenkinsbball.
lWar Pigl
+4|6662|South Coast, Massachusetts
Jenkinsbball, my new buddy!  How are you?  Solo pilots suck!  It's as simple as that.  It's an exploit and it's gotta go.

You should never have called me a "faggot" when I was only expressing my opinion concerning solo piloting in another topic in this forum.  Now I'm gonna bug the shit out of you!  Enjoy.

Last edited by lWar Pigl (2006-08-07 12:11:53)

Brasso
+1,549|6668

You know what's even worse?  When two guys get in the attack chopper and bail out over a flag.  That pisses me off.  Transport choppers are for transport, fucktards.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
De_Jappe
Triarii
+432|6565|Belgium

I got this great pilot today, FINALLY. His name started with AUT, but I forgot the rest of his name. I rarely have seen someone fly that good. I had 43/1 stats and then we switched and then he was gunner and he even managed to kill another 52. because of an AT-vehicle combo and a vehicle one AA hit combo we died two more times but my stats were 43/3 with 52 teampoints and his were 52/3 with 43 teampoints. Useless to say we had gold and silver.

At this moments you realise how sucky pilots or gunners one has had before so I feel your pain! I had this guy once who couldn't  kill a sniper being a gunner in the mec chopper...

About capping flags, in a few occasions it's possible (beach at wake with uav?) but you have to hover so it's dangerous.
seaweedspit13
Banned
+23|6520|doncaster uk

Ben>You wrote:

Search.
i did n it came up with BEN>You,,,,,,,,,,,,sayin he was a dick
Irish.r3

Jenkinsbball wrote:

Irish.r3 wrote:

I want to fly with you, really. I can never find a good pilot or gunner to play with. Always some stupid noob capping flags or crashing into trees and shit. This one game, this guy named Billllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll asked for a good gunner. I volunteered and met up with him a few minutes later. What did he do? Hovered and got us shot down multiple times. I finally gave up, called him a cunt, and soloed the rest of the round.

If you're a bad pilot, don't fly. Get in a tank. Simple as that. Now, go cry about us soloers and how we're better than everyone else.

i saw the video in ur sig, quite impressive...but...when u switch seats to shoot ur just spinning up in circles. leaving u very vulnerable. If anybody on the other team had a clue you would have died quite a few times.

Heres what I do, as I switch to shoot, tilt the nose back a little bit, because while ur guideing the missle, ur falling back out of there range. I think tv max range is 450M, but im not sure. But you gotta be high up, or else you'll fall back into the ground.

Ive gotten pretty good with the tactic and I can even back flip as i shoot the missle.

Last edited by Irish.r3 (2006-08-07 12:23:10)

Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6732|Howell, Mi USA
I agree some pilots are just shit, who don't know how to line up a tv or even use their gunner. I can't stand it when pilots cap flags too. But sometimes it needs to be done. I was playing PLA on Dragon Valley and flying the z-10 with a gunner. I noticed the USMC has taken all flags and my team was getting whiped out. I flew to an out of the way flag and landed, told my gunner to hop out and we capped the flag to allow our team to spawn. Sometimes u need to cap flags to stay in the game.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
Trigger_Happy_92
Uses the TV missle too much
+394|6687
100% on the mark, i am a very good chopper pilot and you have stated some of the most important things in the handbook. i never cap flags, i never hover, the only thing that i think you got wrong was flying low, when AA lock on me, i release flares, and go on a steep dive towards the ground so that my flares work longer, then i like flying low because i can lose the lock behind objects such as hills and buildings.
Jenkinsbball
Banned
+149|6586|USA bitches!

Irish.r3 wrote:

Jenkinsbball wrote:

Irish.r3 wrote:

i saw the video in ur sig, quite impressive...but...when u switch seats to shoot ur just spinning up in circles. leaving u very vulnerable. If anybody on the other team had a clue you would have died quite a few times.

Heres what I do, as I switch to shoot, tilt the nose back a little bit, because while ur guideing the missle, ur falling back out of there range. I think tv max range is 450M, but im not sure. But you gotta be high up, or else you'll fall back into the ground.

Ive gotten pretty good with the tactic and I can even back flip as i shoot the missle.
Well, I had a round, I wish I recorded, where I went up against the USMC chopper(pilot and gunner) head to head, and I soloed. They killed me 10-15 times, but I killed them 30+ times. I'm sure they were pissed, because they started raping the MEC helo pad. So, I took them down with my rocket launcher, twice. Really good shots actually. I shot ahead of them and their speed took them into it, it was glorious.

Here's the screenies, I accounted for 100% of their deaths (preddy08 & mkmed):

https://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e207/Jenkinsbball/BF22006-08-0601-39-21-36.jpg
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e207/ … -21-36.jpg
https://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e207/Jenkinsbball/BF22006-08-0601-39-22-97.jpg
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e207/ … -22-97.jpg
https://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e207/Jenkinsbball/BF22006-08-0601-39-24-22.jpg
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e207/ … -24-22.jpg

Last edited by Jenkinsbball (2006-08-07 12:48:19)

Simon
basically
+838|6696|UK

Ben>You wrote:

Search.
Fuck you is that all you have to say?
Dont post unless you have something to contribute.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard