kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6556|Southeastern USA
just do what i do and snag each one as the prices drop
lavadisk
I am a cat ¦ 3
+369|6836|Denver colorado

Poseidon wrote:

If I had enough money, I'd TOTALLY buy a PS3. But the fact is, I just don't. There's a chance I could get enough by the time it's released, but I doubt it, so I'll go with the Wii. The Wii looks very well done, with a unique controller that looks interesting and possibly even sweat breaking. I'd love the PS3, but I'm going to have to settle for a Wii.
LOL. nice!
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6778|PNW

Amazingly, I put my vote on the Wii, which would make it my first console since SNES/Sega Genesis. Anything for any other console is going to be just like my PC. However, should the Wii titles prove to not be that great, I'll avoid it.
OMEGA-KITTEN
+2|6524

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

Talon wrote:

Prices:

PC: £300+
PS3: £425+ (or less in the US)
X360: £280
Wii: £130 or less
Correction: The PS3 is Five Hundred and Ninety Nine U.S. Dollars.
Yeah well fuck that i bought my PC for $800 and i can play any game on it and i can do alot of other stuff with a PC so thats my vote.
travisb05
bullseye (+)
+58|6705|U.S
360 I like halo GTA. best options but why would i want 60gb hard drive i will never fill my 64mb xbox hard drive still have over 50,000 blocks of memory left.
ericcartmanisbest
+24|6546|GREAT Britain

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

Talon wrote:

Prices:

Correction: £425+ is roughly $765+, in the uk everything tends to be more expensive, so it is less in the USA actually

i may be british but i live in the usa and there is no way im paying for a PS3 at 600 dollars, when i have an awesome PC, and can inevitably get a xbox360 for alot cheaper when the PS3 comes out and/or when it hits christmas. its just too much money for a console

Last edited by ericcartmanisbest (2006-08-06 22:14:26)

Raptor1
+19|6494
PC, or a 360 for the new Halo game they same they are making, i've always loved the halo games
ninjabot
+3|6522
If you've got the money, get the PS3. But then again you could buy an xbox And a wii for the same cost. Or just upgrade your PC.
Stomper_40k
Re-Incarnation. You mean re-spawn right?
+44|6652|Cardiff - Wales - UK
I'll more than likely buy a PS3.

At the moment the X-Box 360 can't do anything my PC can do better.

The only thing I know about the Wii is its name
Fancy_Pollux
Connoisseur of Fine Wine
+1,306|6652

ericcartmanisbest wrote:

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

Talon wrote:

Prices:

Correction: £425+ is roughly $765+, in the uk everything tends to be more expensive, so it is less in the USA actually

i may be british but i live in the usa and there is no way im paying for a PS3 at 600 dollars, when i have an awesome PC, and can inevitably get a xbox360 for alot cheaper when the PS3 comes out and/or when it hits christmas. its just too much money for a console
I don't care where the hell you're from. The PS3 is Five Hundred and Ninety Nine U.S. Dollars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IH2w2l1JTs4
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6671|NT, like Mick Dundee

PC. Wanted a Wii but don't have the money/time to keep up with both.

EDIT

Why doesn't Nintendo have a PC games department? Would be sweet.

Last edited by Flecco (2006-08-06 22:48:54)

Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
ericcartmanisbest
+24|6546|GREAT Britain

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

ericcartmanisbest wrote:

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

I don't care where the hell you're from. The PS3 is Five Hundred and Ninety Nine U.S. Dollars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IH2w2l1JTs4
feel good being a little bitch does it, with your little bitch comments? i was just letting everyone know it is less in the usa, as consoles are always more expensive in the uk, obviously ur too thick to take on board a little knowledge, seriously, just grow up you moron
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6771|Dallas

Talon wrote:

One, I have quite a lot of money.

Yes, its going to make me broke, but I want one.
If $600 makes you broke, you obviously don't have as much money as you think you do.
PRiMACORD
+190|6631|Home of the Escalade Herds

Cougar wrote:

Talon wrote:

One, I have quite a lot of money.

If $600 makes you broke, you obviously don't have as much money as you think you do.
Burrrrrrrrn
xINTERMISSIONx
+71|6564|A dark hole....
why not psp, ps3 and computer?
I CANT CHOOSE!!

Last edited by xINTERMISSIONx (2006-08-07 00:30:14)

Wasder
Resident Emo Hater
+139|6681|Moscow, Russia
PC Only and Forever.
PS3 will have graphics comparable to top PC games only first 18 months after it's released. After that, it will be sucking PC's balls just as PS2 does now. PC will always be more powerfull, cause it's constantly getting better and the progress never stops. PC will always provide the best multiplayer capabilites. The games on PC have longer lifetimes, as there are good mods coming out for most popular games. PC gaming is always more hardcore.
Natte
+12|6531|Sweden
Wii for mii
<[onex]>Headstone
+102|6708|New York

Talon wrote:

[neutral] The big debate for the next-gen console war. Which console(s) will you buy? Why? Is value key? Performance? Innovation? Upgradeability? Please vote and state your reason for your choice(s) here. Try not to flame etc.[/neutral]

Prices:

----------

My view: the PS3.

Yes, it costs a bloody fortune. The games will cost at least £40 each. To be honest, I don't care. One, I have quite a lot of money. If I was worried about money I'd probably buy the Wii. I'm not going to start quoting too many specs but the PS3 is more powerful than the X360. Yes - the Xbox had a similar advantage over the PS2 but not quite as large. Another reason many miss is the disk drive. The 360 comes with a standard DVD drive, which can hold 9GB. The PS3 comes with a Blu-Ray dirve. A single layer disk holds 25Gb, and a duel layer disk 50Gb. Now, the Xbox can be upgraded, in December, with an HD-DVD drive, but that will cost around £100 estimated (bringing it up to PS3 price), and will only provide 15gb per disk layer.

PS3 runs on Linux, as I'm sure PC owners know, is a good thing. It can even browse the internet. It comes with a 60 GB Hard drive (to the 360s 20GB). The PS3 also has a motion sensitive controller. Yes, the diea was nicked off Nintendo slightly, but unlike the Wii-mote, it retains the functionality of a normal controller as well, with 2 analog sticks.

The PS# is going to be an overpriced piece of Junk. For one Blue Rey costs a fortune to make. #2 Developers have to code games Only for Sony.

The 360 has Major games comeing out AND you will be able to have 360 and PC gamers play against each other online in about a month.

360 all the way!
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6662|Brisbane, Australia

ITS RIDGE RACER

Riiiidddgeee Racerrrrrrr!
[/spam]

I'll say PC, I never use consoles much anyway either, and PC games are much much more fun then consoles, with the exception of Halo 2
--->[Your]Phobia<---
+35|6763|UK - England
I voted PS3, but im also going to upgrade my PC. Sure the PS3 has got the RSX, 8 cores each running at 3.2GHZ (one core reserved) and 256 of main RAM and VRAM. but when I get my new PC oh boy it will kick ps3's ass im going to be upgrade my PC just for BF2142, UT2K7 and the occational 3D modelling. I hope to get an SLI board, intel Core Duo Extreme, 2GB corsair RAM, XFI sound card and most important GFORCE  7950 (2 cards in one) two of these cards (not to brag lol) - I cant wait.....
herrr_smity
+156|6634|space command ur anus
nintendo wiii iiiiiiiiii
Gobyfly
+2|6499|Stavanger , Norway
PC and Nintendo Wii , i can have fun with both.
d3v1ldr1v3r13
Satan's disciple on Earth.
+160|6692|Hell's prison
My reasons for the PS3.  Innovation, offering a blu-ray player, gaming machine for less than a thousand, GOOD LUCK finding a blu ray player that cheap.  Graphics, even in SDTV, the PS3 will still slap the 360 around.  And I get an HDMI capability with the PS3, so it will be hi-def compatible with my new TV.  W00t!
jonsimon
+224|6502
Wii wii wii all the way home. I might get a 360 too if it gets cheaper.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard