-[Silver.Inc*
BF2s AU Server Admin
+315|6593|Melbourne, Australia.
G'day,

I got wireless ADSL a few days ago, and have found that whenever the phone rings (or when somebody is on the phone) my ADSL either cuts out all together, or goes really slow until somebody hangs up the phone. Ive also found that sometimes the phoneline is 'crackly' (distorted sound on phone) while connection to the net.
Is there any solution to this? Thanks
CommieChipmunk
+488|6582|Portland, OR, USA
duct tape
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6539|Singapore
router? or the one-wire-splits-into-two-wire-thingy
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6580|NYC / Hamburg

jkohlc wrote:

router? or the one-wire-splits-into-two-wire-thingy
i would agree. the splitter is probabely faulty
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
wws4029
+5|6500|WALES UK
Either that or the phone and router is working on the same channel and interfering.

There is an ip address on the side of your router or in the manual. Type that in the address bar in internet explorer along with your password. Go to settings and change the channel. Default is either 8 or 11 so change it to another ( 1-13 ) After that go to your wireless card settings on each pc and change the channel to the same as you have with the router. Re start the pc . It should then be running on a different channel to your phone.

This happened to me when I go a new set of wireless phones. Changing the channels solved the problem.

Give it a go.
-[Silver.Inc*
BF2s AU Server Admin
+315|6593|Melbourne, Australia.

wws4029 wrote:

Either that or the phone and router is working on the same channel and interfering.

There is an ip address on the side of your router or in the manual. Type that in the address bar in internet explorer along with your password. Go to settings and change the channel. Default is either 8 or 11 so change it to another ( 1-13 ) After that go to your wireless card settings on each pc and change the channel to the same as you have with the router. Re start the pc . It should then be running on a different channel to your phone.

This happened to me when I go a new set of wireless phones. Changing the channels solved the problem.

Give it a go.
Thanks, done that and looks to be problem solved, no disconnections on calls yet
wws4029
+5|6500|WALES UK
Glad to be of some help.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard