Echovirus
+0|6720
Iv'e read a lot of complaints about how hard some people find getting the explosive badges to be. I'm just going to say now, that if you thought the m203 was an over powered weapon, you are in for an interesting surprise.

So, one day I was playing on a server and the ever so common bunny hopper is hopping towards me. But, oddly enough, he's not holding an m203. This time he's holding C4. He throws the C4 at me but I take no heed. I still have plenty of time to drop him before he switches to his remote. Well, to my surprise, that C4 blows up in mid air, right in my face.

Originally, I thought this was done by using your last pack of C4. When you throw your last pack, you emmediatly switch to your remote which makes it possible to blow the C4 in mid air. So I figured he was getting resupplied somehow.

Later, I came to find that you can actually blow any pack of C4 at any time after it leaves your hand. So, for all you eager readers, this is how it's done: after you throw the C4, press right click then emmediatly (i.e. as fast as you can) press left click to detonate it. What you should see is that for a split second, you switch to your remote then back to your C4. Sometimes you'll see yourself throw another pack of C4, but that's just a glitch. It's not really there.

A video of this trick in action:
http://echovirus.low-ping.com/user/3645 … _trick.htm

Last edited by Echovirus (2005-11-04 23:44:42)

pinky_81
+1|6759|Denmark
Plz use edit next time you'll add text

That is an awesome video of how to exploit the c4 - very solid evidence... I'm a bit shocked and terrified -That can be abused soo bad!!
Thanatos247
100% Artillery Magnet
+3|6720|Derby, England
I dont believe that. It took me an age to get my C4 badge, and it was done the old fashioned way. I feel a bit cheated now!

Still, it might help me to get the veteran one!
Rick_Biessman
+4|6747|Germany
A problem to use this might be the lag between server and client, but I will test it online.
Rakasan
+7|6807|California, USA
Thanks for the tip, too bad a bunch of nooblets will use it now.
Vintageologist
Tankbuster
+31|6728|Vienna, Austria
What did you guys think? That you have to put all 5 C4s on a tank before you can blow him up??
Echovirus
+0|6720
um...perhaps you haven't read my post. The idea is that you can blow the C4 right after it leaves your hands (i.e. mid-air), without switching to your detonator...

a possible way of blowing the C4 so quickly was to use your last pack since you emmediatly switch to your remote after throwing it. There is no pull-out time for the remote on the last pack. The point of this post was to say that you could do this with all the packs of C4 and explain how that is done.
theoflow
+1|6727
hahahahahahahaha...and all this time i was placing c4 at spawns and car bombing everyone
ElKnight
+0|6738
Nce tip
It's good for who take long time trying to get Basic Explosives Badge , now after ur post I think everyone will have the expert one.
sniper7.xw
+1|6744

Echovirus wrote:

What you should see is that for a split second, you switch to your remote then back to your C4. Sometimes you'll see yourself throw another pack of C4, but that's just a glitch. It's not really there.
NOT TRUE! that extra C4 blows the living shit out of you, i'm getting so tired of that glitch
Kr39
Be A Medic!
+2|6733|Austin TX
1st of all, what long loading times?  2nd, very nice.  wish i knew bout that before i got 13 jihad kills and pissed off some ppl!  oh well, ill prolly get killed like this all the time now.
CBRacky
+0|6726
DELETE THIS FORUM BEFORE NOOBS GET THEIR HANDS ON IT!!!! PLEASE!!!

https://bf2s.com/player/49316172/sig.png
https://bf2s.com/player/49316172/awards.jpg
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6740|AUS, Canberra
i thought every one new you could blow up c4 one after the other???
as if a tank wouldnt see you and kill you in the time your trying to place 5 c4 sandwiches on it...
Eckzack
The east-german Fuxxer
+37|6815|Germany / Saxony
What´s so new on this trick?
For me this trick is older then my mother...
https://bf3s.com/sigs/384f5f7318c23ecb5909f14b157d6d31e8b5a332.png

IRNV-Field 3... New School Shit...
Rakasan
+7|6807|California, USA

CBRacky wrote:

DELETE THIS FORUM BEFORE NOOBS GET THEIR HANDS ON IT!!!! PLEASE!!!

http://bf2s.com/player/49316172/sig.png
http://bf2s.com/player/49316172/awards.jpg
That's what I was thinking, kinda gay...just use skill

Last edited by Rakasan (2005-11-04 03:33:11)

Echovirus
+0|6720
lol, first off, some of you are not getting this. Please try to fully read and understand what I've said. Watching the video will help also. If your response involves you explaining that you dont have to throw all 5 packs to detonate them then you dont understand what I've written.

When I say loading times, I just mean that the host was a free service and the video may take a while to buffer.

Quote:
     NOT TRUE! that extra C4 blows the living shit out of you, i'm getting so tired of that glitch

Um, what you are talking about is when you throw the first C4, switch to your detonator normally (not using  the trick I talked about in my first post), and when you left click to detonate, you instead throw another C4 out. You do infact throw another C4 out and its very annoying. Thats why I dont use the remote to detonate my first pack of C4. I instead use the trick I explained in my first post.

And yes, some of you are worried people will seriously exploit this trick. Well, if people dont use it, how is it suppose to get fixed? But then you might say, well, if they dont know about it, how can they exploit it? People are using it as we speak. It's only a matter of time before everyone knows it. Why not have it be an issue now so that it can be fixed as soon as possible?
r00fus
+2|6762
well there goes the so called "secret", this will be as common as a guy with gunnery sgt now.
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6762

Echovirus wrote:

this is how it's done: after you throw the C4, press right click then emmediatly (i.e. as fast as you can) press left click to detonate it.

Echovirus wrote:

Um, what you are talking about is when you throw the first C4, switch to your detonator normally (not using  the trick I talked about in my first post), and when you left click to detonate, you instead throw another C4 out. You do infact throw another C4 out and its very annoying. Thats why I dont use the remote to detonate my first pack of C4. I instead use the trick I explained in my first post.
So the trick is using the remote but claiming you don't use the remote?  I don't see a trick here.  You do know that when you press right click, you're activating the remote, right?

And please, learn how to spell "immediately".
section9
+9|6817|USA
when i try to do that all i do is drop another c4 pack before i get shot or I wind up blowing up myself.
Echovirus
+0|6720
no, ur not understanding how its done. You dont press right click and wait for the remote to come out. You immediatly (look, i learned...such is life) press the left click, not waiting for the remote. In other words, you press the two buttons as fast as you can, one after that other. This makes it possible to blow up C4 in mid-air because you dont have to wait for the remote to come out.

section, remember that you press right click first, not the other way around (assuming right click is alt fire and left click is primary fire).

Last edited by Echovirus (2005-11-04 04:07:59)

mafia996630
© 2009 Jeff Minard
+319|6733|d
thanks 4 sharing dude.
dsb
+0|6747

aardfrith wrote:

And please, learn how to spell "immediately".
You want to argue fine...but don't be a pompous ass...

PS - Did I spell "ass" right?
WaGoN_aTTacK
+1|6738
<--- over 5,000 c4 sandwiches served fresh daily at a karkand 24/7 near you!!!

my "secret"?  pwning?

--"many imitators, few O.G.s! represent!!"
ayb
+0|6725|Orlando, FL
i heard about this 1337 trickzor where in bf 1942 you can put down one det pack and switch to joor button with rite klik its so sauce

you made a video about using alternate fire. what's your follow-up, how to enter & exit vehicles?
-DS-Carbon
+0|6731|New Hampshire
See what happens when you try to help. . . . .

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard