nzjafa
+2|6775
if you look at the badge for say, armor, it has a shield, because a shield is a type of armour. on the armour ribbon and medal it also has shields. on the aviator awards it has wings for obvious reasons, and on the officer and command awards, they have stars. you get my drift.
but what is the thing on the helicopter badge, ribbon and medal? they all have the same picture on them, and i have absolutely no idea what it is. i can't match it to anything i can see about a helicopter. any ideas?
nzjafa
+2|6775
also, the ring behind the sword on the spec ops badge and the ring on the crew service ribbon are the same. what is this ring? and what do those two badges have in common?
yeah, i'm bored out of my mind.
Kr39
Be A Medic!
+2|6772|Austin TX
its a front view of a chopper.  im not sure about the white, 3 leaf clover thing around it, but there is definately a chopper in there.
Vintageologist
Tankbuster
+31|6767|Vienna, Austria
It's a blackhawk
mort4u
Artillery catcher
+5|6847|Munich, Germany
i also can clearly see the front of a BH on the heli badge and ribbon.
for the ring on the spec ops thingy i have no clue
Kr39
Be A Medic!
+2|6772|Austin TX

mort4u wrote:

i also can clearly see the front of a BH on the heli badge and ribbon.
for the ring on the spec ops thingy i have no clue
i think its just barbed wire on the spec ops.  im not sure though.
HerrBaron
von Panzer
+5|6789|Leverkusen, Germany
some BIG images to make clear what it is:

yes it is a helicopter
https://www.lmaa-clan.com/image/big_heli.jpg

and yes it is barbed wire
https://www.lmaa-clan.com/image/big_spec.jpg
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6772

yeah, the chopper award has a blackhawk in assault config, the reason it's not in the game is because putting the two most (or nearly most) unbalanced vehicles in the game together would just be insane.

fun, but insane nonetheless.

but still fun
1234BGD
+1|6758
The spec ops badge basically means "these are honourable, just and loyal men with generosity and elevation on their mind" The swords mean honourable and just, gold means generosity and elevation whereas blue is truth and loyalty. Since I could not figure out what exactly barbed wire is, I presume it has something to do with a buckle and it stands for victorious fidelity in authority...

For the helicopter badge - it is again, truth and loyalty, with peace and sincerety. I do not think there is an actual hidden meaning behind the helicopter, like they didn't have that in previous centuries....  AS YOU KNOW

Last edited by 1234BGD (2005-11-04 03:54:47)

MatRx9
Carpe Noctem
+1|6802

1234BGD wrote:

The spec ops badge basically means "these are honourable, just and loyal men with generosity and elevation on their mind" The swords mean honourable and just, gold means generosity and elevation whereas blue is truth and loyalty. Since I could not figure out what exactly barbed wire is, I presume it has something to do with a buckle and it stands for victorious fidelity in authority...

For the helicopter badge - it is again, truth and loyalty, with peace and sincerety. I do not think there is an actual hidden meaning behind the helicopter, like they didn't have that in previous centuries....  AS YOU KNOW
Damn, someone went to war college
sHe01
+0|6818

d4rkph03n1x wrote:

offtopic: hiya, seems like you have started at the same time as me, or close enough, we've played the same amount of time, maybe we could join a server together or something.

ontopic: It doesnt look much like a helicopter to me..
ive seen/heared some 'chat up' lines in my time ...but this one takes the biscuit...   lmao

Last edited by sHe01 (2005-11-04 08:54:06)

Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6772

rofl, glad i'm not the only one who finds that funny
nzjafa
+2|6775
hahahaha, the guy was just trying to be nice. anyway, we're separated by the tasman sea. i don't think it would work somehow.

thanks to the the german guy too, solved both my problems. just real hard to see on the small badges.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard