Nagarond.Damminson
+16|6796
So i named this jet survival tactics because if you arent in a J10 and are dogfighting one in any other plane, it basically is a survival scenario at that point. I was hoping to solicit some input on peoples prefered methods to avoid/escape/destroy J10's when engaged in a dogfight.

One of my simpler yet semi effective moves is to go straight verticle with afterburner as if i were going to do a loop, then switch to front chase view (looking backwards over the plane). As you reach straight verticle, usually a j10 with its sharper turn radius will cut your arc and continue the loop, if i see him do this, i will push forward to level out again and cut to the left or right. This works somewhat, but is a simple trick that wont work effectivly against a decent pilot more than a few times. If he gets used to it and doesnt keep on his loop, i kill the throttle and continue the loop, losing a lot of speed at the apex of the loop, and usually either stall the other guy out if he keeps on the throttle, or force him to hit afterburner and pull away to maintain control.

Also, just stay high (300-350 elevation) and go low for a bombing run and then back high to limit your exposure to being spotted.

What are your favorite moves for avoidance/dogfighting? I'de be interested to see what works and doesn't.
jsnipy
+3,276|6561|...

One simple survival rule: "If you can't fly, stay out of a jet"
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6733|Howell, Mi USA

jsnipy wrote:

same with helo's. learn to fly on local servers.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
jsnipy
+3,276|6561|...

Cbass wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

same with helo's. learn to fly on local servers.
You know what would be/would have been neat... basic training servers/mode where you have to qualify to use certian things ... err .. maybe not ... nevermind ...
Nagarond.Damminson
+16|6796
yes i understand that part, why i hate idiots who get jets to crash on takeoff. But no matter how good you already are (and i fancy myself a decent pilot, not great, but can hold my own) there is always something new to learn to get better, which is what i am trying to do :-P
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6733|Howell, Mi USA
no, that is a good idea. players can't enter a vehicle unless they have passed the basic training. it would save alot of headaches.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6800

No tactics.  It is just a game, just hop around and fly around.  You want realism, go play flight simulator.

/sarcasm
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6735|Germany
Best way to learn jet tactics is to play WakeAirShow.
About 15 jets in the air and dogfighting all over the place.
After one night of nonstop playing this map the regular maps are a piece of cake now with only 1 fighter/1 bomber per side.

Last edited by Mj.Blindfisch (2006-08-04 08:24:04)

Jester.retseJ
+4|6770|Toronto, On
This is the only survival tactic for an F-35B vs a J-10:

If you're not dive bombing or reloading, keep your ass above 600 feet. The FOW is your only cover. You drop below this altitude just above the target you'll be dive bombing and just before the carrier to reload. As soon as you complete the bombing/reloading, pull straight up with afterburner and don't let off until you're back at over 600 feet. Note that you never bomb or reload without flares ready. If you've spent your flares, REMAIN at over 600 feet until they reload. You'll need them just in case a J-10 still manages to spot you when you drop.

At 300-350 feet you're still way too low and still visible to anyone in a J-10 that's even mildly aware of their surroundings.
Jester.retseJ
+4|6770|Toronto, On
And while you're at it... read this over a dozen times and practise each one at least 2 dozen times:

http://www.combataircraft.com/tactics/
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6565|Singapore
a video might be good

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard