13rin
+977|6475
Why does Karkand seem to be the brunt of such hate?  I've seen that some love it and hate it.  It's not my favorite map.  I'll play it when I get pissed at someone in a J-10 peeing all over the carrier keeping everyone from making it to land on the wake map.    I enjoy the Peninsula map more when I want to play a city map.  But it seems that the Kark maps are usually full especially for 32 or 64 size servers...   Just curious.

CHANGED Karkland to Karkand -reluctantly.

Last edited by DBBrinson1 (2006-08-03 12:48:01)

I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
lagerfool
+23|6761|SE Virgina
Kark is good, just getting really old.  I have 25 hours on it (most of any map right now) and I am purposely trying to stay away from it.  I enjoy Zatar and SmokeScreen.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6743|The United Center
Karkand is the perfect map for point whoring medic smurfs.  It is the anti-teamwork, which is a shame, because usually all it takes is one decent squad to win the round for either side.

It just annoys me.  I know, it's my most played map, but other than on the BF2S server, I haven't played it in about two months.  BF2 is what it is because of all the different types of gameplay.  Jets, Choppers, Helos...everything.  Although, I suppose running around using only your defibs is a form of gameplay...
Crispin
+13|6474|Amarillo Tx
I like it to escape the fly boys, im a ground pounder and we switch it up on our server every month one month we are playing Wake, Dragon vally or Karkand it just depends on the mood for me really so i don't know why people hate it.
a fly
+105|6640|The netherlands

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Why does Karkland seem to be the brunt of such hate?  I've seen that some love it and hate it.  It's not my favorite map.  I'll play it when I get pissed at someone in a J-10 peeing all over the carrier keeping everyone from making it to land on the wake map.    I enjoy the Peninsula map more when I want to play a city map.  But it seems that the Kark maps are usually full especially for 32 or 64 size servers...   Just curious.
not reading after.

cause of armor whores, they like it, no heli's and planes to pwn them. just infantry .....

the infantry likes it cause they care about score if they play 24/7 karkand (most people do, just admit it ).

i play karkand infantry only, no damn tanks, no damn noobs everywhere, cause they leave when they get pwned, and best of all: NO DAMN NADE SPAMMING. it happens in some, but that sucks and makes me disconnect, cry to my mammy
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6678|Disaster Free Zone
Why?? because:
1. Its over played, every second person has it as there fav map, and really the only reasons why is easy points.
2. Theres no tactics, people will argue that there is - BS, you may think there is but its just a point whore fest at the hotel 99.95% of the time.
3. To much whoreing, there is no map you gets points quicker and easier (All people with high SPM play this map exclusivly). Takes very little skill to get 80+ points a round.
4. Lack of team work, why because theres no tactics to use. the map is too linear so theres alway 1 place on the map where 60 people are within 100 metres.
5. Too much whoreing, Be it nade, tank (APC) or medic, there are people that do nothing but one of these for the entire map.
6. There is no importants put on flags (needing only 2 to stop ticket bleed). This is probbably the main reason why everything else happens.
7. Apart from all that there are just so many better maps to play. The ONE major reason why so many people play it, is EASY points. Dont bull shit me with infantry fights are the best becasue mashtuur city has a total of 2 tanks both of which you can lose if you lose there spawn point making it the only map which you can play with no vehicle stronger then a transport (due to BH nerf), making it the most infantry friendly map in existance. Why isnt it played as much? Because you will never score as high on it and you cant just whore points or you will lose, you must actually try and win (WHAT A FUCKING SHOCK)!!

Do you want to know the flaws with wake too?? because thats one shit map unless your the 4 people in the j-10's, or Z-10.

Last edited by DrunkFace (2006-08-03 06:49:40)

Watermeleon
+34|6530|I am located at my location

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Why does Karkland seem to be the brunt of such hate?  I've seen that some love it and hate it.  It's not my favorite map.  I'll play it when I get pissed at someone in a J-10 peeing all over the carrier keeping everyone from making it to land on the wake map.    I enjoy the Peninsula map more when I want to play a city map.  But it seems that the Kark maps are usually full especially for 32 or 64 size servers...   Just curious.
Maybe they hate Strike at Karkand because they don't know its name and call it Karkland twice, then make a topic about it.
Crispin
+13|6474|Amarillo Tx

DrunkFace wrote:

Why?? because:
1. Its over played, every second person has it as there fav map, and really the only reasons why is easy points.
2. Theres no tactics, people will argue that there is - BS, you may think there is but its just a point whore fest at the hotel 99.95% of the time.
3. To much whoreing, there is no map you gets points quicker and easier (All people with high SPM play this map exclusivly). Takes very little skill to get 80+ points a round.
4. Lack of team work, why because theres no tactics to use. the map is too linear so theres alway 1 place on the map where 60 people are within 100 metres.
5. Too much whoreing, Be it nade, tank (APC) or medic, there are people that do nothing but one of these for the entire map.
6. There is no importants put on flags (needing only 2 to stop ticket bleed). This is probbably the main reason why everything else happens.
7. Apart from all that there are just so many better maps to play. The ONE major reason why so many people play it, is EASY points. Dont bull shit me with infantry fights are the best becasue mashtuur city has a total of 2 tanks both of which you can lose if you lose there spawn point making it the only map which you can play with no vehicle stronger then a transport (due to BH nerf), making it the most infantry friendly map in existance. Why isnt it played as much? Because you will never score as high on it and you cant just whore points or you will lose, you must actually try and win (WHAT A FUCKING SHOCK)!!

Do you want to know the flaws with wake too?? because thats one shit map unless your the 4 people in the j-10's, or Z-10.
Not trying to but heads its just a matter of an opinion we only run the 32 man version of it so only two tanks and one apc, i don't know where you've been playing but tactics are a must for any map in any game to over come the enemy team, i like karkand as i said above the team play my buddies and myself use and the tactics we use.

I hardly spend the entire map at hotel as USMC you just have to be organized to take it, and do we whore tanks!? NO, we are ground pounders its called flanking the sides not flanking to Factory/Gatehouse but flanking between hotel/square then have another squad hitting them from the front to take it.

So i don't know where you get the map is liner, to the un experienced players maybe but not to players with common sense.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6713
why do ppl call it karkland and kirkland... isnt kirkland the n00b in GRAW? the guy who always get hits and dies and never helps the team?
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6758

Because people keep asking why, that's why.
Tunacommy
+56|6617|Massachusetts, USA
reminds me of Stalingrad in bf1942.
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6691|Howell, Mi USA

usmarine2005 wrote:

That and because everyone calls it karkLand, like it's an amusement park
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6758

Cbass wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

That and because everyone calls it karkLand, like it's an amusement park
True, now excuse me while I go play karklashuur before work.

Last edited by usmarine2005 (2006-08-03 07:15:03)

Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6691|Howell, Mi USA
Don't forget about KarkShe Pass   that map owns!
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
Ben>You
+90|6522
I play it because it's the only map servers enforce Infantry Only rules on. Besides Sharqi.
I.M.I Militant
We Are Not Alone In Here
+297|6716|Melbourne, Australia
lol karkalaploozer is the worst map ever...
I like it because of the intense infantry fights. It reminds me of CS and I'm really good at CS.

That's why I play it most of the time.

EDIT:

Sharqi is right up there too.

Last edited by TheCanadianTerrorist (2006-08-03 07:23:08)

BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6747|Chicago.
I play it because the tactics needed to survive in urban combat have always intrigued me.

DrunkFace wrote:

Why?? because:

Stop bitching about point whoring in Karkand, just because you suck at infantry. Mashtuur can't compair to Karkand/Sharqi infantry fights.
jsnipy
+3,276|6519|...

Karkand is the "Hunters", it is the "Q2DM1" it is the "Ryu".

But if we are talking about hating:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueRzRRky … er%20hater
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6587|Your attic
I play alot more mash nowadays, less armour (and as has been said, the possibility of no armour), the ground fights aren't quite as frequent but there more fun. Also, because most of the people who run around as lone wolfs play on karkand, theres alot more teamwork, not always, but there is more.
Karkand will always be my most played map, but thats the way it is, its a really simple map, the fact that once you take a base 80% of the people will then progress onto the next obvious base (ie Hotel>Square) so you get constant fighting, and as a result more points.

There are tatctics you can use on karkand, but as I said, 80% of people choose not to use any brain cells.
sagexp
+16|6551
What a load of bull shit whiners. Boo hoo they play it for points, boo hoo they dont use team work boo hoo they nade spam, for gods sake grow up. They play it because they bought the game and want to have fun ! yes thats right fun.
Its a game your are not in the real world grow up and learn to have fun. nade spamming ? dont fucking stand near them, dont spawn in the first point go some where else and use your tactics to approach the action. I dont have any problem with nade spammer as im pretty sure guns fo further, and if a nade gets me then guess what i care for all of 15secs and then procede to get my revenge.

Have fun grow up and let folks that play Karkawhatsitsname alone, dont go on it if you hate it so much
Rocks_AT
+0|6745
I agree Mashtuur is horrible for IO. Without the Helos and Humvees it's a snooze fest.
swapo_de
+13|6507|Lübeck, Germany
I like Karkand. Yes, I'd say it's my favourite map also saying so is so unpopular.
Yes, rounds where almost everybody only goes for the hotel are likely and these rounds are likely to be whoring/spamming (armor, nades, claymores) rounds but if USMC takes one or two of the other flags (no matter if suburbs, gatehouse, factory, ...) it's just the most intense gameplay of all maps.

I often go for the Factory so that USMC has all the armor. If the MEC have some brains, they'll want it back. What opens the rest of the map. If they don't want it back, USMC can give armor support to take some flags which also opens the game.

Mashtuur for example may be more open in the beginning. But I rarely see there some great infantery action. There's always a domination of snipers in the city itself. And the rest is either always defending one flag trying to defeat sporadic attacks or trying to hop from flag to flag (both by transport or by chopper).
The_Jester
+52|6487|Italy
I dont give a fuck about point whores, but hate the map anyway.

Most of the times is just a fragfest at hotel/square.
Sometimes it becomes a stalemate at train accident: broken bridge, bunch of snipers on both sides and artillery carnage until the end of the round.
And the rest of the times (very rarely) a smart usmc squad go straight for the factory. Then 6 tanks vs 0 tanks=mec massacre.

Boring anyway.

SF=real infantry fun

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard