Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6772|Noizyland

Sarrk wrote:

Oh and Tyf, I just noticed the url of your sig - workforcrpssake

Having trouble with hosts lately?
Wow, I'm surprised you noticed that. Yeah I was, it was kind of weird, the sig used to look different, but when I updated it and tried to re-upload it, (after deleting what was already there,) it would always upload the old version. No idea why, I mean I deleated the old version off my computer as well. I created numerous copies, the one I name "workforcrpssake" actually worked, so now I'm going to abuse my computer in all things I save.

Back to the thread.

Now most definatly Half-Life 2 Episode Two is top of my list. Thanks to Stryyker I have been introduced to the Half-Life universe. The story, the way it's put together - honestly it has blown me away. My folks were away for he weekend so I basicly only left my computer for food and work, (and sleep but I stayed up 'till three both nights.)
I have not been brought up with computer games avaliable to me until recently, so I am being repeatedly blown away by what I find, but Half Life Two has got to be the absoloute peak so far.

I don't care much for the Deathmatch - it's just repeditive and confused - but the single player storyline, how everything looks and the absence of cutscenes, (do all single player games do this now or was this just a stroke of genius?) make it the best game I've ever played.

I'm gushing, but... wow... fucking wow...
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
ShotYourSix
Boldly going nowhere...
+196|6717|Las Vegas
Thats cool TyF.  Hate to think anyone could have missed that experience.  Make sure you give the stock HL2 a spin as well.  There are some incredible moments there.
Rosse_modest
+76|6774|Antwerp, Flanders

Flecco wrote:

Warhammer Online Age Of Reckoning

I thought this was cancelled....
It was, but it's been picked up by another developer
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6653|Brisbane, Australia

Alright then, its settled, during the holidays, I am getting my wisdom teeth out, all 4 fuckers

So that means I am out of commision for a week

I am going to get over my barrier that is the illusion between Reality and Fantasy, because Ive always been scared of games like Half Life [The disturbingly realistic ones that have killing and stuff happening]

HALF LIFE ATHON!

I have to document that...............HL1 Through to EP1

How "Scary" is it, Yeah I know Im a little wimp, but I like my peace of mind and my sleep

Marconius wrote:

Duke Nukem Forever.
https://www.p0stwh0res.com/images/Dukeisdone.png

Last edited by Sarrk (2006-08-07 03:44:04)

tvmissleman
The Cereal Killer
+201|6656| United States of America
Spore
Stalker
bf2_zspyvin
+17|6682|The Netherlands
UT2007
Call of duty 3
C&C3
eagles1106
+269|6581|Marlton, New Jersey.
those looked like the tripods from war of the worlds in the ut picture, those things owned so much in that movie
gotta love the bigass horns...
Capt. Foley
+155|6585|Allentown, PA, USA
Medal of Honor Airborne
Battlefield 2142
Frontlines: Fuel of War
Crysis
Call of Duty 3 (if it will be on PC.)
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6772|Noizyland

Sarrk wrote:

Alright then, its settled, during the holidays, I am getting my wisdom teeth out, all 4 fuckers

So that means I am out of commision for a week

I am going to get over my barrier that is the illusion between Reality and Fantasy, because Ive always been scared of games like Half Life [The disturbingly realistic ones that have killing and stuff happening]

HALF LIFE ATHON!

I have to document that...............HL1 Through to EP1

How "Scary" is it, Yeah I know Im a little wimp, but I like my peace of mind and my sleep
Hell, I wish you luck for the Dentist. Dentists are way scarier than Half-Life.

At the moment I'm downloading Half-Life One - still using Stryyker's account cause I don't have it of course. I was thinking maybe I should have played that first, but I didn't see it.
as for Half-Life 2... yeah, there are some pretty freaky bits. It is incredibly realistic, you will actually jump and swear when things surprise you, or when things don't go your way.
Ravenholme is fucking scary. I hated it there. My first thoughts of the place - "Wow, this is kind of creepy... very dark." I proceeded cautiously - "Hey, what's that hanging from that tree?" I went in for a closer look.
Turned out it was a lower torso on a rope. In that instant I decided I didn't want to be there, which was made all the more worse by going into a nearby building to find a scene of absoloute carnage where people had been cut in half by buzzsaws, oh, and of course, Zombies.

Yah. Pretty scary, but so damn exciting. Zombies, Aliens, Totalitarian hostile forces, mysterious interdimentional Beaurocrats... you'd think it'd be a bit too much, but it fucking works. I endorce this with my top rating - Eleven thumbs up!
[Blinking eyes thing]
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6714

Capt. Foley wrote:

Medal of Honor Airborne
Battlefield 2142
Frontlines: Fuel of War
Crysis
Call of Duty 3 (if it will be on PC.)
COD3 wont be on PC, only consoles

im looking more forward to portal than anything else ATM
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Jejjk
My "Page Up" has never been used.
+40|6605|Sweden
SPORE
Hellgate - London (I'm a big Diablo fan)
Fallout 3 - PLEASE let it be like fallout 1 and 2, and not like the ultracrappy Brotherhood of steel.

ohh, hrmmm, and BF2142 of course

Last edited by Jejjk (2006-08-07 15:13:08)

ShotYourSix
Boldly going nowhere...
+196|6717|Las Vegas
I guess the portal tech. demo didnt really do much for me.  I need to see more of an actual gameplay clip before I can get too excited.  Looks interesting though.  Any idea when Portal is going to be released? (besides "When it's ready" )
Cobra4545
Jizz in my pants
+54|6477|Vancouver, USA
Personally, I have always been a Battlefield guy, and so the most anticipated for me is going to be 2142.
SoC./Omega
+122|6539|Omaha, Nebraska!
i'd say 2142 and crysis, man crysis is gonna take alot of comp power.
ShotYourSix
Boldly going nowhere...
+196|6717|Las Vegas

SoC./Omega wrote:

i'd say 2142 and crysis, man crysis is gonna take alot of comp power.
Actually they are saying it scales pretty well for older systems.  Not all the eye candy though...

CryTek wrote:

]Minimum Requirements:

* CPU: Athlon 64 3000+/Intel 2.8ghz
* Graphics: Nvidia 6600/X800GTO (SM 2.0)
* RAM: 768Mb/1Gb on Windows Vista
* HDD: 6GB
* Internet: 256k+
* Optical Drive: DVD
* Software: DX9.0c with Windows XP

Recommended Requirements:

* CPU: Dual-core CPU (Athlon X2/Pentium D)
* Graphics: Nvidia 7800GTX/ATI X1800XT (SM 3.0) or DX10 equivalent
* RAM: 1.5Gb
* HDD: 6GB
* Internet: 512k+ (128k+ upstream)
* Optical Drive: DVD
* Software: DX10 with Windows Vista
Richard2000
Banned
+39|6543|England
star trek online
comes out sometime in 2007
its going to be a bit hit with the fans when it come out
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6653|Brisbane, Australia

Tyferra wrote:

Hell, I wish you luck for the Dentist. Dentists are way scarier than Half-Life.
Pssh, like I care, I am going to be out for the painful bits in a hospital!

Yeah, zombies, zombies I can handle on video games, its more the, take two steps forward, ooh whats that, *Something jumps out and screams at you, FUCKSHITDICK!!

Type games I cant play, oh, and flickery lights, those piss me off, I wish you could just shoot those fuckers and have them either on or off

Why is it in almost all "Save the world" type games, you are the only one? What the fuck? Try MoH, if you die, its like the fucking war goes to the Germans

Pshhh, screw you Britan, I need backup before I go save the world
Knight`UK
Lollerstorycarpark
+371|6578|England
Et:qw
Bf2142
Rtcw2
KtotheIMMY
+513|6761
I am definitely behind the times when it comes to all these new PC Games...
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6772|Noizyland

I'm behind the times when it comes to games pre 2000, so I wouldn't worry Kim. Catching up is a lot of fun, you get blown away a lot.
In relation to Marco's anticipated Duke Nukem Forever game, if anyone's played Serious Sam 2 there is constant referance to it in the cutscenes. You know those weird interdimentional midgets? Yah, they keep arguing about 'That Blondie guy.'

"I think he can do it. He really is the one!" (refering to Sam.)
"Yeah, well that's what you said about that Blondie guy."
"Oh yeah him, but he took forever."
[Blinking eyes thing]
Natte
+12|6522|Sweden
1. Bf2142
2. Galactic Civilization 2: Dark Avatar
3. Crysis
Stalker-NSDQ
SOUL * REAPER
+24|6552|Germany
Well definately S.T.A.L.K.E.R. I cannot wait until this baby spins in my drive
Crysis looks very interesting too. Command & Conquer 3..well I don't know ! Looks awesome but I am not really a big fan of these kinda games. Half Life 2:Episode Two I will buy, since Episode One left at a really good part. And last but not least UT2007 !!
Big McLargehuge
Another Saturday night and I ain't got nobody
+259|6601|Philadelphia, PA

Stalker-NSDQ wrote:

Crysis looks very interesting too. Command & Conquer 3..well I don't know ! Looks awesome but I am not really a big fan of these kinda games. Half Life 2:Episode Two I will buy, since Episode One left at a really good part. And last but not least UT2007 !!
I thought S.T.A.L.K.E.R. looked good too.
MURcarnage
CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL!
+86|6655|San Francisco, CA
Half-Life: Episode 2 which comes with Portal & Team Fortress 2

Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars

Supreme Commander

Spore

Splinter Cell: Double Agent

Company of Heroes

Dark Sector

DEFCON

Battlefield 2142

Last edited by MURcarnage (2006-08-11 19:33:14)

ShotYourSix
Boldly going nowhere...
+196|6717|Las Vegas

Big McLargehuge wrote:

Stalker-NSDQ wrote:

I thought S.T.A.L.K.E.R. looked good too.
I remember hanging out on the HL2 and Stalker forums (AFTER HL2 was delayed for an extra year) and all the arguments going on about which would be better, HL2 or Stalker.  Man those were some knock down drag out arguments.  Kinda funny now, looking back.  HL2 is old news and Stalker is even older news.  They blew their window of opportunity and now the engine needs a complete  overhaul to even be competitive.  I wonder if we will ever even see the game....

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard