Tyshalle83
+1|6723|Raleigh, NC
Yeah I'm a newbie, can't help that. Battlefield 2's instruction manual doesn't have very many instructions in it, which is annoying. I tried a search on these forums but it's kind of hard to look for answers to such simple questions, so I thought I'd just ask point blank:

1. When you punish a teamkiller, what happens to them?

2. How do you switch positions in a vehicle? Can you switch positions while remaining inside of a vehicle? Does it vary per vehicle? For instance, in a blackhawk can I switch from gunner to pilot while in the air, assuming the pilot just lept out of the plane? What if the pilot was killed? Same with tanks, APC's, etc?

3. If I just want to enter a vehicle's gun turret, like a Hum Vee's or something, is there a button I can press to just enter that section, or do I have to enter the drivers seat and then hit some other button?

4. When sniping, is there a way to adjust the scope for distance? And is there a way to tell distance? Or am I just stuck with taking a marker and guestimating?

5. Are binoculars in this game?

6. Is there a way to cook the grenades like there is in America's Army, or am I pretty much just stuck throwing it and waiting a few seconds? Is there a way to adjust how far it goes? Same with C4 and mines.

7. Is leading just for lag, or do bullets have a travel time? If they do, then about how much should I adjust my shot when firing at a target running at an angle from 50/100/200/400 meters?

8. Do weapons have a maximum range? How about sniper rifles? I've seen enemies standing still from what I guesstimate to be over 400 meters away through my M24 scope, and I've fired at them repeatedly without them moving, and they haven't died. Should I be aiming much higher, or is my bullet just not going to reach that far?
M90Medic
Wiki Contributor
+2|6725|Medicland, sthlm

1. They lose an extra point.

2. Press the different F# buttons. F1 for driver, F2 for gunner etc. As for the blackhawk example, I think yes.

3. Drivers seat is default. F2 for gunner.

4.  Guesstimate.

5. For commanders I think. Never been comm.

6. No idea.

7. No idea. Leading is a good thing though.

8. Try aiming higher.
Neuronal
+0|6758|Michigan, USA
5. no Binoculars

Sorry but i think you take it a little to technical, just play and try
Col-Khadafi
+0|6768|Your Mom's House
7/8. You need to lead to compensate for moving targets, based both on their speed, altitude and range. Gravity also effects bullets, so you do need to aim higher when firing at long ranges (sniper rifles or Aircraft Guns).

The Gatling gun in the F-35B JSF is bigger than a Volkswagon beetle.
Ryan_Mercury
"It's Recharging!"
+19|6791

Tyshalle83 wrote:

Yeah I'm a newbie, can't help that. Battlefield 2's instruction manual doesn't have very many instructions in it, which is annoying. I tried a search on these forums but it's kind of hard to look for answers to such simple questions, so I thought I'd just ask point blank:

1. When you punish a teamkiller, what happens to them?

A:

They lose 2 team points, which also effects their overall score.

2. How do you switch positions in a vehicle? Can you switch positions while remaining inside of a vehicle? Does it vary per vehicle? For instance, in a blackhawk can I switch from gunner to pilot while in the air, assuming the pilot just lept out of the plane? What if the pilot was killed? Same with tanks, APC's, etc?

A:

All you have to do is press the F keys, ie: F1, F2, etc. Do it enough times and you'll just end up remembering which keys are which seat.

3. If I just want to enter a vehicle's gun turret, like a Hum Vee's or something, is there a button I can press to just enter that section, or do I have to enter the drivers seat and then hit some other button?

A:

No, you can't. Just hop in and press F2 for gunner seats usualy.

4. When sniping, is there a way to adjust the scope for distance? And is there a way to tell distance? Or am I just stuck with taking a marker and guestimating?

A:

No, there's no mechanics like that, as for distance, just use your judgement.

5. Are binoculars in this game?

A:

No, but sniper rifles could function as them.

6. Is there a way to cook the grenades like there is in America's Army, or am I pretty much just stuck throwing it and waiting a few seconds? Is there a way to adjust how far it goes? Same with C4 and mines.

A:

Nope. For distance however, aim high for further distance and lower, just as if you're throwing one. If you use Left Mouse button they will automatically be thrown, however, if you hold down the RIGHT mouse button, you will pull the pin and hold it in your throwing arm till you release it. I never really had to use it that way though.

7. Is leading just for lag, or do bullets have a travel time? If they do, then about how much should I adjust my shot when firing at a target running at an angle from 50/100/200/400 meters?

A:

Try leading if they're more than 250 meters away, if not, chances are you will just shoot a trail behind them, learn to adjust your movement speed so you are trailing the scope faster than they are running to 'catch up' with them, otherwise your mind will play a game of follow the leader.

8. Do weapons have a maximum range? How about sniper rifles? I've seen enemies standing still from what I guesstimate to be over 400 meters away through my M24 scope, and I've fired at them repeatedly without them moving, and they haven't died. Should I be aiming much higher, or is my bullet just not going to reach that far?
A:

They don't have a maximum range. But there is a slight bullet drop, regardless of the rumours by those who dont believe there is. Don't go for a head shot unless you're skilled enough when dealing with targets you can barely even see. Try aiming for the top of the head at targets that appear very tiny. You can usualy tell when you've hit a target because they'll either die, or if they have full health, they will jump around or run away.

Targets don't usually run scared when they hear the sound of a sniper, so long as it doesn't hit them. Unless of course you barely missed him by an inch, then you know you're either very close or you got a shot.
Col-Khadafi
+0|6768|Your Mom's House
The right mouse function on nades is nice if you want to drop a nade on the ground (blow up mines, claymores or destructable walls) or if just need to toss a nade into one of those small towers or bunkers.
Prodie
Moderator Emeritus
+270|6745|Nova Scotia, Canada

People, if you teamkill someone, then you get a -4 AUTOMATICALLY! Punishing someone does nothing to score, it only goes towards the 3 punishes for a kick!
Ryan_Mercury
"It's Recharging!"
+19|6791

Prodie wrote:

People, if you teamkill someone, then you get a -4 AUTOMATICALLY! Punishing someone does nothing to score, it only goes towards the 3 punishes for a kick!
I don't know.. I never lose points when someone doesn't punish and I tked them..
ToiletTrooper
+25|6746|WC
hey ryan_mercury how did u get expert first aid... i wont get it.. my maximum is 17 heals in 1 round
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6740|Human Meat Shield
Ummm... the best advice is play single player first and get the feel.... I didn't do that...I jumped right in and played multiplayer; obviously not a good idea.
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6742|Atlanta, GA USA

Prodie wrote:

You lose additional points if you are punished for a TK.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard