22Fox
+0|6507|TEXAS
lately it seems that every server I log into I'm getting multiple connection problems.  The game will freeze and I will get a message that my Internet connection is having trouble or some such and then it will unfreeze and I will be okay for about a minute and then it happens again.  The funny thing is while I'm getting the message I can move my gun around and I see tanks and cars go flying around the screen (literally flying), but I can't walk around.  I have only found 1 or 2 servers that this not happening regularly.  It still happens but not as often.  I should say too that I can only play on bf2 unpatched servers since I have not been able to get patch 1.3 to work at all on my machine (that's a whole different story!).  Anyway, I was wondering if this was something that everyone was experiencing or is it just happening on the servers that I can play? 

I do not have this problem with any of the other on-line games that I play so I do not think this is something on my end, but I guess it could be.
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6760|Chicago.
This is commonly known as a CTD error. This is when a server crashes. IT happens to alot of us.

This is common, it should have been fixed a long time ago, it got worse with 1.3, and we can only hope 1.4 fixes it.

It's not you. Heck, even I never used to get these. Played today, 3 times in a row. I feel alot of you guy's pain.

I won't flame you because your new, but remember to Search. There are probably 100+ threads about this same problem across the forums. But because your new, no flame for you.

Have a nice day.

Last edited by BigmacK192 (2006-08-01 15:09:03)

Canadian_Sniper_X
+45|6498|Kamloops, BC Canada
When you try to install patch 1.3, unplug your internet (or disable) and close down your antivirus and firewall. And close every single program that is not needed to run your comp.

That's the only way I can install the patch. Also... if it doesn't work just try 3-4 times over.

Ya I know it wasn't an answer to your question... but I figured I could help you with your patch problem.
22Fox
+0|6507|TEXAS
Bigmack, thanks for not flaming me.  Yes I'm a noob here, but I'm learning quickly.

Canadian_Sniper, thanks for the tip.  I will give that a try.  I've only had the game for about a month now and I've already reinstalled it 5 times because everytime I try to load the patch it screws up my game!  I would love to be able to play the bf2s servers so maybe it will work this time.
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6850|Cologne, Germany

as bigmack has said, it's a known issue related to the 1.3 patch. nothing you or we can really do about it. We'll have to wait until EA/Dice fix this with 1.4 ( provided they find the cause for the problem ).

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard