KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6654|949

rawls2 wrote:

Anybody who lives in a third world country has it tough. I'm tired of countries who don't get their shit together. And no I will not accept the argument that the US and Israel are responsible for their misery. Its all brought upon themselves. They cant learn to live in a new country called Israel, tough shit. They will be fighting forever. Israel hands them back the land, attacks will still continue against Israel. Israel will continue to respond like they have. You guys speak as if all Israel needs to do is calm down and vacate all occupied lands but that wont stop the aggression towards Israel.
I have been to a few "third world" countries and agree that most commoners there have it tough.  However, most people living in the occupied areas were not around to fight Israel 40 years ago.  Why are they still punished for their ancestors actions?  Vacating occupied lands and letting them (Palestinians) control their own destiny would be the biggest step forward Israel could make in this conflict.  Why don't they?  Obviously their intentions are different than what they say.
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6571|Southeastern USA
my basic point is that arabs and jews can co-exist in a jewish state, while virtually every other muslim/arab nation at one time or another has sought the destruction of Israel since the times of the pharoahs. They are so consumed by their hatred that those sorry goat humper hezzies are currently firing rockets into nazareth, one of israels largest arab settlements and killing their own people. The land fell to the british after the failure of the ottoman/german aggressions of ww1, there was no more ottoman empire, there was no more palestine, you reap what you fucking sew. England had a habit of setting up fairly autonomous colonies, with a very stable governmental infrastructure, this is why former british colonies fair pretty well after leaving the united kingdom as have Hong Kong, India, even the US, as opposed to, say, french investments like haiti, who upon french withdrawal, have no clue what to do with themselves. They recognized the jews as being the ones responsible for bringing the area into the industrial age and entrusted them with a state. Instead of a nomadic/jihaadist people, the results of their rule are quite obvious to anyone participating in this thread. Yes, the area was still largely nomadic throughout the ottoman era and to this day the bedouin population still practices a nomadic way of life. BTW, the IDF has a sizeable bedouin contingent, including one of it's most noteable officers,  Lieutenant Colonel Abd El-Amin Hajer.
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

rawls2 wrote:

Anybody who lives in a third world country has it tough. I'm tired of countries who don't get their shit together. And no I will not accept the argument that the US and Israel are responsible for their misery. Its all brought upon themselves. They cant learn to live in a new country called Israel, tough shit. They will be fighting forever. Israel hands them back the land, attacks will still continue against Israel. Israel will continue to respond like they have. You guys speak as if all Israel needs to do is calm down and vacate all occupied lands but that wont stop the aggression towards Israel.
I have been to a few "third world" countries and agree that most commoners there have it tough.  However, most people living in the occupied areas were not around to fight Israel 40 years ago.  Why are they still punished for their ancestors actions?  Vacating occupied lands and letting them (Palestinians) control their own destiny would be the biggest step forward Israel could make in this conflict.  Why don't they?  Obviously their intentions are different than what they say.
Israel has repeatedly ceded lands in a much loved among the carter/clinton appeasement crowd philosophy called "land for peace". They've given up their land, and they still have no peace.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6654|949

kr@cker wrote:

Israel has repeatedly ceded lands in a much loved among the carter/clinton appeasement crowd philosophy called "land for peace". They've given up their land, and they still have no peace.
"Land for peace" is bullshit.  On the surface, it sounds like a great deal for the Arab/Palestinian population.  Israel still builds settlements in the occupied territories.  Israel still bulldozes Palestinian housing in the occupied lands.  Israel still taxes any exports out of the occupied lands, while Israeli imports to the areas go untaxed.  Israel controls the airspace, the naval space, the economy, the infastructure (Israeli built roads in the occupied territories have checkpoints), virtually all aspects of these areas.  I would hardly call that a concession for peace.

Last edited by KEN-JENNINGS (2006-08-01 15:25:26)

kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
Israel controls it because the name of the place is Israel, you cannot find a sector of the Israeli job market that does not have a significant arab population, again, had palestine not been party to ww1 through the ottoman empire, they would probably still be herding sheep through it. If you don't wanna get smacked down, don't start wars.
Drexor
+33|6635|Denmark
POKIE BURN THE MOFUCKERS DOWN!!!

no honestly im getting pretty tired of hearing about the conflict in the news every night on tv. why dont they just make i final.... i mean Israel has so many military rescources so why dont they just do something, instead of makeing these "special attacks" where they take out "highly ranked" personel from HIzbollah...
CameronPoe
+2,925|6577

kr@cker wrote:

Israel controls it because the name of the place is Israel, you cannot find a sector of the Israeli job market that does not have a significant arab population, again, had palestine not been party to ww1 through the ottoman empire, they would probably still be herding sheep through it. If you don't wanna get smacked down, don't start wars.
Kr@cker you're a good guy but you seriously seem to have no concept of the plight of the Palestinians or appear to have made any attempt to visualise in your own mind why they are irate and why they feel very hard done by. I can't blame you. The US is a BIG country and a lot of Americans never leave their shores. As such, they sometimes have no concept of the actualities of the rest of the world other than what gets portrayed to them on TV.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2006-08-01 15:44:29)

KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6654|949

kr@cker wrote:

The West Bank is not named Israel, neither is the Gaza Strip.  They never were a part of Israel.  Once again, a large reason there is no "Arab Job Market" is because Israel suffocates any attempt at an Arab/Palestinian economy in the occupied lands.  And once again, the populations that live there now are largely not old enough to remember the wars in the region, let alone fight in them.  Why are they being punished?
-Solv3r-
Heia den som vinner!
+115|6580|Oslo, Norway
Fuck the Jews, go Hizbolla!
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6581|Hungary
Israel wont exist...coz they attacked Libanon..so Isreal pushd the "self destroying" bottom....
Im just tired of this shit.....it will end now..hopefully.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard