blacksheepcannibal
+24|6743
I guess EA calls them "Battlefield Moments" or whatever.

Rambo Moment is when you do something completely out of an action movie. somthing that you could never do twice again.

example: Engineer Class, no upgrade. going for 1st flag on Karkand. turn a corner, guy, shoot, kill. rinse and repeat 5 times. all in same squad. pretty much the single Engineer (US) took the entire squad single handedly.

example 2: construction yard at Oman. Spec ops, pull up in LAV, cap the flag. notice two snipers in construction building. exit LAV, clean out the building, which actually had a half squad in it, including a sniper that tried to knife me. once i get on top, notice a tank coming in from the side, headed up the road from the west. have just enough time to run-jump-release (basketball shot) two C4 packs, and right as the last one hits, blow it and catch the tank

example 3: Same flag, Oman. Spec ops, counter-sniping with G36C on top of building directly E of Flag. See a tank coming from the SE. drop two bags C4. tank gets blown by antitank/LAV/something with rockets. *shrug* continue to wipe half a squad as they move in from the buildings directly S of flag, across road. the two little red skull-and-crossbones form the 2 bags of C4? yeah, they start moving. so unless they suddenly grew legs, they were on a vehicle. so i blow the C4. kill the other half of the squad that ran away in a buggy. woo, go me.

so, what are some of your rambo moments?
pinky_81
+1|6781|Denmark
The only person running to prevent a USMC breakthrough on our right flank in Strike at Karkand - running into 4 healthy USMC soldiers and gunning them all down with my PKM in 1 salvo (I held the button down an sprayed until it overheated)...

DEF.Pinky [PKM] xxx1
DEF.Pinky [PKM] xxx2
DEF.Pinky [PKM] xxx3
DEF.Pinky [PKM] xxx4
"Right flank is clear!!"

I didn't really take a scratch I think...

Last edited by pinky_81 (2005-11-03 10:53:11)

fikraag7
j00baroni w/ l33t sauce
+1|6746

I was playin on Gulf of Oman, and I had just bombed the carrier and was heading back to the airfield when my jet was hit by a missle (a friendly jet, of course) and I parachuted out. Unfortunately, there was a boat right underneath me with five guys in it. I landed about 20 feet from shore, and I swam to shore as the gunner was shooting at me. Thankfully, I was using the anti-tank kit with the DAO-12. I shot the first Eryx round at the boat, which took off like half of the armor. The second shot landed as they beached the boat. That one killed two of the guys in the boat (including the gunner). Two of the remaining guys (an assault and a spec ops) rushed me. I took care of them with my DAO-12 clip. Then the final guy (a sniper) tried to get out his M95, but I emptied a pistol clip  into his head and took him down. After wasting five guys, I felt pretty good and headed to the nearest base (with no guys), where I was promptly artilleried by my own commander.
Daemoniacus
+0|6751
A tank, APC and heli were pinning us down to a point.  I put C4 on the APC, blew it... C4 the tank with a gunner, BOOM.  Then jumped in the stinger close to the point and took out the heli and his gunner, then I took out 3 stragglers with what was left in my main gun and pistol, stole a med kit and revived everyone I could (2), healed the rest.  Put me WAY over first place.  I quit right after that map.  I definitely can't do any better than that.

Last edited by Daemoniacus (2005-11-03 11:34:32)

pfcilng
+0|6758|Northern Illinois University
I was in the apartment next to the Mosque.  We had a wave of MEC heading towards us, I fire from the windows and get two kills.  I go to the stairs, I use a 203 round and hit a guy under the stairs, and manage to shoot a guy running up the stairs.  A sniper lunges at me with his knife - I run back and shoot him with my pistol.

At that point my squad spawns on me and we are able to hold the Mosque a little longer.

It was pretty exhilirating
McCullough
+7|6830
Fushe Pass, AT, USMC, sme of the middle CPs. I was running around with my rocketlauncher as i saw a jet flying straight at me. Oh what the hell i thought and fired my rocketlauncher towards the jet and it HITS
Only one kill but that's my Rambo moment.
PFCStenzel
Check your AA alarm...
+82|6785|Idaho, USA / Age 30
Dragon Valley - As I was sitting at the wood yard a cobra was coming in and so, I grabed the Anti-Tank weapon and as just as it came to the level that I could fire the AT rocket I shot then killed it and then hit the Stinger and and killed the incoming blackhawk while the gunner was firing away into the base.  Then having a linebacker coming in from the south of the base killed him with the Tow missile and died as I did it.
Lawk
+2|6765
64 man server, Clean Sweep.  Stuck at main USMC base getting throttled by the MEC choppers, APCs, and jets.  I spawn after getting killed four times and break for the runway, get in a jet, take off.  I hate jets so I bail over MEC airfield and open chute landing just next to MEC chopper spawn.  Three MECs await.  With my G36 I take out the medic, engineer, and the support guy in one magazine.  I then notice a Spec ops lying down next to the closest building under a shadow.  I run over thinking it must be the commander cause he isn't doin shit.  Yep, it was, and I stabbed him in the face. The rest of the round was boring.
DMFDxUconn
+8|6758|Kannapolis,North Carolina
This has got to be the most interesting thread on these boards right now.

Real stories about the game we play. Awesome. When i have more time, ill add my own. Been rambo'ing it a little bit myself lately.
Brutal_Medic
+-1|6762
Man, these "Rambo momments" they are something special. Strike at Karkand, USMC Spec-ops, I just walk towards the first flag Kills two dudes instant headshot, then I reach the little place were all the camping is, I switch to c4 jump and throw a c4 over the fenc.

Boom

Brutal_Medic [C4] ********

I throw one more, but I wait (In hope of any medics to come and revive)

Boom

Then I rush in and meet a stubborn dude, but I kill him with because there was first aid (from the medics who revived before). Come to the flagg and I se a new four man group, we come in close combat, man I'm dead -I think-. So I swithed to c4 and

Boom

Brutal medic is no more
Tigg@lot
noob on tour
+1|6765|NRW,Germany
I had two rambo moments today in one round but several deaths separated...

I was Chinese commander on Dragon Valley, when we got pwned. We only had the two bases in the middle (only know their german names so it won´t help ^^). I spawned at the eastern one and walked up the hill towards the chinese arty and layed down on a hill. I was placing UAV and supply drops when I noticed that someone was coming towards me, so I switched from commander view and placed my mines in front of me just before an APC drove over me. A second APC came and drove on my mine and then BOOM

Tiggalot [Mine]**********

Short time later I spawn at the western base cause the eastern one was taken by US. 3 APCs drive in the middle of the road and stop next to the flag. I run across the road placing one mine behind each of them. One of them shot me but then again BOOM

This time I took a screenshot cause I got my veteran Engineer Badge with that explosion.
https://img357.imageshack.us/img357/213/minepwning2re.th.jpg
Umbra Acciptris
+1|6747
I was playing on Massure city, or which ever city name map that is, the one with the mosque.  I'm in a good squad using voice.  We are playing as MEC.  The Squad leader states we are heading for the powerplant.  I head backward a bit, grab a vod, and pickup most of my squad.  Drive up near the bridge by the powerplant.  We all jump out.  squad leader was a spec ops, so he C4's the tank some US just grabed.  I beeing assult rush the flag.  I manage to kill 3 people with my G3, run out of ammo, kill one more with my pistol.  Some one states a hummer is commin up the road.  I jump on the mounted MG, and fire at the drives seat.  Kill the drive, kill the guy jumping on the gun, kill one other guy as he get out of the hummer.
Just as I stop fireing, right into view parks another vod, driven by the enemy.  Same pattern, kill drive, kill gunner, kill random person running away.  Kill 3 more people with the MG as they come arround the corner. . . In this large fire fight (as we were assulted by several squads) all of my squad ended up dying.  I still managed to capture the flag solo, after killing 2 more people with my assult rifle.  I had no idea how many people I killed with that MG untill the end of the round, I got best ground defense 10. . . that was my only MG usage that round.  No ribon for it though, as I was not in it for 3 min, it seemed only like 5-10 seconds, but alot of carnage.
Maj.Do
+85|6743|good old CA
my rambo moment would be on mast. city at the mecs nearest base. the one with art near it. well they had a cargo chopper flying over while i was goin 2 c4 the art guns but the chopper got close enough 2 me so i jumped up and actually got a c4 on the pilots glass and bam killed all the guys in there
General_Nuts
+1|6762
Karkand server, I was USMC engineer running up to the hotel spawn point (held by MEC still) by myself.  I sprint in and cap two guys with the pump shottie, reload and keep moving.

Two more guys rush in, kill both of them, reload. 

Three more rush in, kill the three of them and reload again.

By now I almost have the point captured, and another group of 3 run in, manage to capture the point and kill 2 of them, but ran out of health before I could get to the third.  I am just an average player, and that was by far the best I've performed in close combat.
nzjafa
+2|6757
my action movie momenthappened so fast it took me a few seconds to comprehend it. has anyone seen the thin red line? in that scene where they attack the japanese barracks and you cant tell whos who they are just dropping all over the place? it was sort of like that.

zatar wetlands, 64 players, very early in the game. i'm MEC and i'm in a small convoy of 2 full jeeps and 1 apc with 2 or 3 people in it. the first base we went to (cant remember the name, one of the ones with corrugated iron fences all around it and sheds etc). we drive into the base at about exactly the same time as an enemy convoy enters from the other direction. they have an APC and a tank. i thought we were toast. but it got weirder. everyone in the jeeps bails at the same time. i'm engineer with a jackhammer and i switch to mines and lay one in front of the first APC. the guy sees this and 6 guys jump out. at the same time a missile comes seemingly out of nowhere and destroys the tank jsut as the gunner tries to bail, sending him flying into the air. i just strafe sideways shooting as i go. everyone just seems to run into the middle of the base and fall over dead. there are guys dropping all over the place. enemy guys are behind me, our guys are over there.. everyones shooting everywhere at everyone. i'm on crap health so just into prone but i realise no one else is left except me and our APC driver. "what the fuck was that" he says through his mike. not a moment later the tank gunner falls out of the sky and lands by the flag. the whole thing took about 4 seconds
Papa Smurf 314
Right in the Smurfin' parking lot?
+90|6761|New York
Strike At Karkand, North Gate (the one that's just across the bridge) , i notice two full cars of enemies coming around to go across the bridge.. from the top of the base .. so i lay c4 down at the corner of the road and crouch down.. the first car comes down with the second tailing behind it.. so i blow the c4 and watch my screen

*=SAS=*PapaSmurf314 [C4] ......

so the other car panics and screeches to a stop, the gunner looks around to see where i was, i lob a nade right under the car and BOOM

*=SAS=*PapaSmurf314 [Hand Grenade] ......

i killed the gunner, the other guys start shootin at me from the back and i do the run jump and throw the c4 technique, and just in time, BOOM

that was my rambo moment
Crypto_420
+25|6835|Portland
Im at Karkand trying for the Expert C4 badge.  Im on Mec,  and Im right inside the fensed in area in front of thehill where the USMC team spawns and runs down to.

As I go to place a C4 pack at the gate which has not been blown yet,   an M203 hits and blows it up.
At the same time the Tank and both apc's  where comeing down the street.  I jumped in the back of the burning car right out side the fence,  waited untill all 3 vehicals past me,  All stopped at the corner due to are Mec tank sitting in the road.

I managed to place the other 4 C4 packs on the tank and Apc,  2 on the tank, 1 on each APC.  as I was running back into the fenced in area,  4 guys ran down the hill after me,

Then I waited untill they were beside their armor,  when I pushed the red button!!

I ended up with 18 C4 kills.   both APCs where full, plus tank, plues the rest besides the tank on foot.

This all happened with in the first few tickes in the game!!  I had 36 points,  and the nexted highest had 4, ( he was in the Mec tank)

I use all my C4, so as I tried to find more ammo,   I was hit with artly.

Ended the round with 35 C4 kills.....  2 kills short of the expert!!!!!  o well maybe next time

Crypto_420

https://bf2s.com/player/37246377/sig.png
https://bf2s.com/player/37246377/sig5.png
https://bf2s.com/player/37246377/sig3.png
https://bf2s.com/player/37246377/awards.jpg
ayb
+0|6746|Orlando, FL
once i was on strike of karkand and i was unfortunately on us but i did manage to join a 5/6 squad where all but one had a mic (a full squad of people using voip is a rarity, for me anyway). we took an lav and humvee up the left side of the city to the NW house flag, and had the flag down and 1/2 way back up when a tank appears out of nowhere from the west and takes out the lav, then machine guns 3 of my squadmates on foot. i sprint from the west side around the back of the building and jump over the wall into the hj-8, and spin around to fire. because of inherent lag theres no way of telling where it actually hit but on my screen it looked like the rocket hit dead center on the mouth of the tanks main gun barrel (another tenth of a second and i probably would have been pushing up daises). the tank explodes, killing the last surviving member of my squad who was running circles around the tank trying to stay one step ahead of his mg. i hop off the launcher and revive all 4 members (couldn't do anything for the driver of the apc), getting the last one as im told over voip 1 second before he was set to respawn.
DeltaForceWarrior
+1|6756
on mashtuur city i'm the gunner on the USMC commander's humvee and he pulls into the bushes by the Mosque and starts doing his commanding thing.  i'm just sitting there enjoying the view, wondering what i want to do, when i see that i can easily pick the snipers off the roof of the Hotel with the .50 cal on the humvee.  i just start wailing at any enemy soldiers that are at the Hotel or coming across the bridge and i easily make my 16 kill streak and of course then i get killed by a tank.  the funny part is that the .50 cal kills people so fast that no one was even able to return fire at me.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6766|Noizyland

Mashtur City, although it may as well have been Somalia. By that I mean I think I copied the script from Black Hawk Down. I was flying the full Blackhawk over the square near the mosque and was hit by someone's AT missile. Didn't hurt the hawk too much, (about half,) but it gave me what I can a 'lag strike.' When I managed to get back in the game so to speak, the helicopter was spinning wildly out of control. Most people had bailed, but a minigunner and a passenger stayed. The hawk skidded to a massy halt on the ground, loosing most of it's armour.
Sadly, the passenger died during crash landing.
Me and my battered and bruised gunner limped out, used the smoldering Blackhawk as cover and got better cover in the mosque, (enemy controlled.) The enemy knew we were there. You don't miss something like the spectacular landing of a big black monster. There were coming at us in fairly even waves - three or four at a time. We were using cover excellently, myself being assault and him being AT. That left me in charge of taking care of most of the people coming at us with semi-automatic long range shots and him taking care of the enemy when he came too close, or tried being sneaky.
We survived three waves of people in short succession. We were low on ammo and had an assortment of injuries. Some smart bastard decided to throw a grenade. It landed closest to my mate and he copped most of the blast. We were both concussed and my mate was really badly wounded while I was on about half health. This was during the biggest assault they had thrown at us yet. We fought on. I switched firing modes because guys were getting closer. The mosque had nearly been taken but had we died - which was a close thing - all would have been lost.
Then, (and here's the most movie moment of all,) two Humvees energed out of the dust, 50. cals blazing, mowing down people left and right. They came to a halt in time to get the capture assist points. There was a medic in one of them so me and my mate hopped in. The Blackhawk, which had survived the ordeal, was perilously parked leaning to it's side with one corner of it stuck in that hole in the middle of the square, smoking violently. The machine gunners took it out. We were transported back to a safe area where I then proceeded to have a crap rest of game. I just missed out on a medal by the commander being doubled up and pushing me off the leader list.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
d11fdj
+3|6741|Athens
Was on Sharqi map, second flag as USMC.  The MEC had stolen our chopper and had a pretty competent pilot + gunner.  So there was the chopper, blasting everyone, coupled with 6-7 MEC infantry all creating havoc whilst trying to capture our flag.  I'm a medic, surprise surprise, climb up the ladder to get a better view, kill two snipers, grab their kit, shoot the chopper pilot (first time i've ever managed to do this!!), causing the chopper to crass into the ground whilst the gunner's wondering why the pilot's not doing his job!!!  Then i place a claymore on the ladder, and took my time killing 2 MEC with grenades and two more with the M95.  So in total, 8 kills in under a minute.  I promptly got blasted by friendly artillery
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6766|Noizyland

Yeah. These Rambo moments are often ended by friendly artilllery.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
pinky_81
+1|6781|Denmark
Yeah - I have friendly artillery listed as my worst enemy...
Ever since 1.03 commanders seem to aim for me rather than the enemy??
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6755

[2MC]B|TaibhsNithrac [Killed] xxx1
[2MC]B|TaibhsNithrac [Killed] xxx2
[2MC]B|TaibhsNithrac [Killed] xxx3
[2MC]B|TaibhsNithrac [Killed] xxx4
[2MC]B|TaibhsNithrac [Killed] xxx5
[2MC]B|TaibhsNithrac [Killed] xxx6
[2MC]B|TaibhsNithrac [Killed] xxx7
[2MC]B|TaibhsNithrac [Killed] xxx8
[2MC]B|TaibhsNithrac [Killed] xxx9
[2MC]B|TaibhsNithrac is no more.

yes. 9 kills and a death, simply by ramming my APC into 2 semifilled blackhawks hovering low to cap the flags (before 1.03).
Godsend_lfc
+0|6741
I had a rambo moment about 2 weeks ago on Sharqai as USMC.
My SQleader was a sniper up in the yellow support crane closest to the water.
I spawned on him not realizing he was a sniper, and am suddenly 500ft in the air.

I pulled out my G36C, went prone, and shot at people @ the center MEC flag (on the hill), aiming as best I could over the wall and between wall gaps.
I killed probobly 4 or 5 people until I was out of Rifle ammo.
I switched to pistol, winged a few people and killed one . When I had one clip left, I said "f**k this", jumped, deployed parachute and sailed over to the bottom of the hill where I ran around until I died.
Godsend_lfc [92FS] xxxxx
Godsend_lfc [Knife]xxxxx
Godsend_lfc [Knife]xxxx
Godsend_lfc [Knife]xxxxx
Godsend_lfc [Knife]xxxxx
Godsend_lfc [Knife]xxxxx
Godsend_lfc [Knife]xxxxx

after that I could NOT get another knife kill for the life of me, so no basic knife badge

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard