Poll

Which Resident Evil is the best, graphics aside?

Resident Evil 122%22% - 4
Resident Evil 222%22% - 4
Resident Evil 316%16% - 3
Resident Evil: Code Veronica5%5% - 1
Resident Evil 00%0% - 0
Resident Evil 427%27% - 5
Resident Evil: Outbreak0%0% - 0
Resident Evil: Outbreak - File 20%0% - 0
Resident Evil: Dead Aim0%0% - 0
Resident Evil: Gaiden5%5% - 1
Total: 18
Rygar
Canucklehead
+69|6645|Nova Scotia
Seeing as we (lovers of the RE series) just had a page long discussion about Resident Evil in the 'game' thread, which, of you that play/have played and like the games, do you think is the best and why?
Personally RE4 for the PS2 is my favorite, followed by 1 for the Saturn and 2 for the PS based on how much fun I had playing them.
Dead Aim for the PS2 was a pile of crap, as expected, and Gaiden was for the Game Boy and until now, I never heard of it so I can't comment on it, other than it is for the Game Boy and I would expect it to be no good.
=JoD=Corithus
+30|6557
Id have to say 3 on the original Play Station.  True, it may not be as pretty as 4, which was, of course, awesome, but 3 was just such a hugely immersive and detailed game, it stands well above the others in my mind....and the fact that Nemesis was a fuckin BEAST.
Godhatch
+5|6609
re 2 is easily the best,  i think i just like the mental gun shop owner at the begining "who are you? what are you doing here?" ah those were the days
Rygar
Canucklehead
+69|6645|Nova Scotia
I still haven't played 3 yet, but I plan on it if I ever get the time.
I liked the Frankenstein-type monster from 2 (I think it was 2).
=JoD=Corithus
+30|6557
There was a massive Frakenstein-y beast in all of em, in 1 and 2, they were Tyrant variants.
Rygar
Canucklehead
+69|6645|Nova Scotia

=JoD=Corithus wrote:

There was a massive Frakenstein-y beast in all of em, in 1 and 2, they were Tyrant variants.
Wierd that I don't remember it in 1...must be getting old!
paranoid101
Ambitious but Rubbish
+540|6739
Resident Evil: Code Veronica on the Dreamcast was the best until Resident Evil 4 came out on the Gamecube, now Number 4 is an fantastic game, great new game mechanics, great bosses and the mercenary game was great fun to play as-well as the main game, only thing I missed with it was the Zombies.

Can't wait until number 5, running Zombie FTW

EDIT- forgot about the resident evil 1 remake on the gamecube, now that was great as well, but probalby number 4 has been the best yet.

Last edited by paranoid101 (2006-08-01 08:35:43)

Rygar
Canucklehead
+69|6645|Nova Scotia
I'm trying to avoid seeing anything for 5 until it comes out so as not to spoil the surprise.
I had a lot of fun playing Veronica too.

Hard to beat the supreme acting for RE1 though..."Stop.  Don't. Open. That. Door." always a good laugh.
=JoD=Corithus
+30|6557
You don't remember Tyrant in 1? The big ugly dude what spears Wesker? C'mon man, what kind of video game geek are you!!!!
Rygar
Canucklehead
+69|6645|Nova Scotia
I remember the Tyrant.  By Frankensteiny-guy in RE2, I meant the guy with the giant trenchcoat on that you'd shoot the crap out of, then after you left the room it'd show him get up and slowly strut off.
paranoid101
Ambitious but Rubbish
+540|6739

Rygar wrote:

I remember the Tyrant.  By Frankensteiny-guy in RE2, I meant the guy with the giant trenchcoat on that you'd shoot the crap out of, then after you left the room it'd show him get up and slowly strut off.
The one in the Trench coat wasn't he called Mister X?

Also the Nemesis from Resident Evil 3 is a character I enjoyed, because once you knocked him out, you could pick up weapon upgrades of him.
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6661|USA
RE2 hands down.
Rygar
Canucklehead
+69|6645|Nova Scotia

paranoid101 wrote:

The one in the Trench coat wasn't he called Mister X?
That's it, thanks Paranoid!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyrant_%28 … 103_Tyrant
deadawakeing
Ummmmmmmmmmmmm
+145|6481
Resident Evil:Gaiden ...it shouldn't even be on the list this game. This game is pathetic o well i voted for it.
Rygar
Canucklehead
+69|6645|Nova Scotia

deadawakeing wrote:

Resident Evil:Gaiden ...it shouldn't even be on the list this game. This game is pathetic o well i voted for it.
It's only on the list cause there was space left over.  If it was pathetic, why'd you vote for it?
deadawakeing
Ummmmmmmmmmmmm
+145|6481

Rygar wrote:

deadawakeing wrote:

It's only on the list cause there was space left over.  If it was pathetic, why'd you vote for it?
because its so bad ? lol

Last edited by deadawakeing (2006-08-01 09:17:48)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard