lordgeno
Enemy Bush Spotted!
+18|6729|asshole of the planet, NM, USA
Besides tking for the plane, parking cars on the runway... blah blah blah.  When there is a good pilot in the helo and you're in the gunner seat and take out a f-18 with the tv.  Flying around with cablecopulate on the server last night, I got the same guy twice and damn did it feel good.  This little turd was whining and complaining the entire round about how we were cheating and such.

We (being the squad, not just cable and I) were just killing him over and over and over.  And it felt good, I think we made him mad enough to switch teams near the end (either for the win or not) and try to tk us.  hahaha, it's fun pissing off whining pussies, who suck so bad they accuse everyone else of cheating.

anyhow... it still feels good shooting down a plane with a tv.
Noken
Banned - Noken Impersonator
+3|6525
i'm lucky if i hit a fookin tank with the tv lol
Noop-Ni
ROAR
+14|6514
I saw someone claim it was cheap to kill his plane with a TV missile. He was a funny guy.
Sgt_Bob05
Nade Spammers Must Die
+49|6717|Australia
Must not have been that good a pilot if he came straight at you. Bad mistake.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6690|Canberra, AUS
He mustn't have been a good pilot if he was flying straight at all when he heard the threat alarm.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
YoBabysDaddy
+31|6839|St. Louis, MO
It is cool, when the TV missiles don't pass straight through the plane.
Buckles
Cheeky Keen
+329|6572|Kent, UK

Spark wrote:

He mustn't have been a good pilot if he was flying straight at all when he heard the threat alarm.
i didn't think the TV missiles made the alarm go off??
naightknifar
Served and Out
+642|6577|Southampton, UK

YoBabysDaddy wrote:

It is cool when the tv missiles ACTUALLY WORK
MonroStrongrod
+4|6621|Sacramento, California
I had a similar experience recently on the Dalian Plant map, only I was in a tank shooting down the American jet. Some poor sucker pilot tried to bomb my sorry ass and all he got was a tank shot to the nose, 6 times... He said, and I quote "you must hack to hit me flying speeds" ( I cleaned all that nasty leet out of his quote ) I hit planes every now and then with tank shots, but that sucker got shot down 6 times, what a fool.

Last edited by MonroStrongrod (2006-08-01 03:16:01)

SpaceApollyon
Scratch where it itches
+41|6535|Finland
Shooting flying planes with SRAW/ERYX does it for me. Its a rare delicacy though.
Spark
+874|6690|Canberra, AUS

^KoB^Buckles wrote:

Spark wrote:

They don't. But to be able to fire a TV missle the plane has to be pointing (roughly) at the other plane, which means the alarm would be set off. Unless he was on bomb mode, which makes less sense - I mean, why would you engage in an air-air battle in BOMB mode? Unless you want him to do a sharp turn and put two in your ass.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Noop-Ni
ROAR
+14|6514

Spark wrote:

Unless he was on bomb mode, which makes less sense - I mean, why would you engage in an air-air battle in BOMB mode?
Remember that whole thing you mentioned about alarms not going off?
alexilaiho68
Where's my coffee gone!?
+45|6515|Australia
thats pretty cool! <
Barrakuda777
+86|6752|Somewhere near a shrub or rock

Spark wrote:

^KoB^Buckles wrote:

Spark wrote:

They don't. But to be able to fire a TV missle the plane has to be pointing (roughly) at the other plane, which means the alarm would be set off. Unless he was on bomb mode, which makes less sense - I mean, why would you engage in an air-air battle in BOMB mode? Unless you want him to do a sharp turn and put two in your ass.
They are talking about the TV missle in the CHOPPER not the bomber jets!
Drax
Paddles/Plane Whore
+28|6577|Australia, NSW

Sgt_Bob05 wrote:

aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6808

Spark wrote:

^KoB^Buckles wrote:

Spark wrote:

I don't know about you but I prefer to engage in aerial combat starting in ground-attack mode and only switch to missiles when I'm close behind, so there's no way of alerting the enemy to my presence and so I can get shots off fast enough that he can't evade easily.  Bomber vs. fighter, you need surprise to win.

As for heli vs. jet, you need luck.  There's no threat warning as nothing locks onto the fighter - it's the radar lock that gives enables the warning alarm - but to get that TV missile kill, you need luck and skill.
XstrangerdangerX
conversation is combat
+36|6645|Tasmania
I've solo tv-d many a bomber on oman and kubra.

I also rocketed a full-tilt plane on oman.

gg.
Spark
+874|6690|Canberra, AUS
Oh, right. Stupid me. I thought he meant in a jet, I must've skipped that bit. Whoops.
~ Richard Feynman
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6859|Reykjavík, Iceland.
I remember 2 identical situations of mine, one on Dalian and one on Wake, both in the WZ-10, the F-35B came strafing against me and my pilot and I TVed him head on right through his windsheild, that felt sooo good.
lordgeno
Enemy Bush Spotted!
+18|6729|asshole of the planet, NM, USA

YoBabysDaddy wrote:

yeah, like a week ago they were doing that.  3 different pilots had that problem.  Still wasn't it great when that ass whined all round.

So all of you know, he was in the server with us.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6536|Austin, Texas

Noken wrote:

i'm lucky if i hit a fookin tank with the tv lol
Your name looks familiar, were you playing oman yesterday? MEC? Kept dieing to a noob chopper solo?
=ST6=SewerMaster
AK Whore
+152|6812|Barrington, RI
My clanmate got solo TV'ed out of his F-18 on Kubra once by the Mi-28. he was pissed, but it was funny to watch from my MiG
cablecopulate
+449|6753|Massachusetts.
ha, how did I miss this thread? I've said it before and I'll say it again: The only thing better than killing jets with TVs is rocketing them! But after that happens the pilot doesn't leave you alone for the rest of the round.
ZCor3x
+46|6586|Pennsylvania

Sgt_Bob05 wrote:

Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6581|England

I took out an F35 with a TOW the other day That guy was pissed off!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard