JahManRed
wank
+646|6648|IRELAND

I think it depends on were you are. Scag is only growing in popularity recently in Northern Ireland within the last few years. Appart from a few blackspots like Antrim and Ballymena. The paramilitaries didn't like it so it didn't get in. Now they are in the back seat the gangs with no ties are shipping it in happily. So I don't know anyone who's died on it yet. On the other hand I could name maybe a 5 relatives that have died from liver problems from booze. I know a few ppl who are battling lung Cancer atm too.
Von_Dog
+0|6535
90% of American adults can't function without their coffee in the morning.  Maybe only 1% and me need their weed first thing.
Orgtheone
+30|6682|The Dark Side Of The Moon
yea i've been smoking it for 13 years and it is addictive im a right bastard if i run out & can't score
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6857
Well there aint enough future to go around so some of ya better do drugs.
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6673

JahManRed wrote:

I think it depends on were you are. Scag is only growing in popularity recently in Northern Ireland within the last few years. Appart from a few blackspots like Antrim and Ballymena. The paramilitaries didn't like it so it didn't get in. Now they are in the back seat the gangs with no ties are shipping it in happily. So I don't know anyone who's died on it yet. On the other hand I could name maybe a 5 relatives that have died from liver problems from booze. I know a few ppl who are battling lung Cancer atm too.
They used to tar and feather the dealers and run them out of town, didn't they?  Then they got the five card trick (is that the right name?) if they ever came back. 

Sorry to hear about your relatives.  I don't know whether liver problems are counted in the figures I found here for alcohol related deaths quote 18 per 100,000 of pop per year (after a sharp rise over recent years): http://www.statistics.gov.uk/cci/nugget.asp?id=1091

But where are where I live in Brighton & Hove there are 32 fatalities per 100,000 from drugs (highest in the country), and heroin use is very high:  https://www.drugscope.org.uk/news_item. … ;intID=638

I'd imagine that secondary illness and damage to the body is comparable with both substances, but I'd still go with alcohol as being slightly less dangerous i can only think of 4 people off the top of my head who've died from that (3 in cars crashes involving alcohol and 1 drowning), which is much smaller proportionally to the people I know who drink it.

I doubt they would have been able to put as higher risk on the graph than heroin or cocaine anyway, they'd have been accused of adverising or something

I think the fact that this graph even got published shows that there might actually be a positive shift in attitude towards drugs in the future, and even perhaps a public acknowledgement that cannabis could be sold legally in coffeeshops and even perhaps ecstasy in (well air-conditioned, well monitored, sideaffect aware, strictly over 18s) clubs, thus allowed tax revenue to be directed towards treatment of users and without needlessly criminalising whole group of the population who are otherwise responsible and valuable members of society.  Or maybe not.

Horseman 77 wrote:

Well there aint enough future to go around so some of ya better do drugs.
You just stick to drinking and driving around in your old cars.  Preferably at the same time.  (j/j, I wouldn't want you to put other people at risk in the process of killing yourself

BTW, I really hope you aren't going to say you don't even enjoy the odd drop of alcohol... the bulbs blown in the Nerd Alert sign and I can't be bothered to change it.
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6857
dude drugs are your ONLY future lol !
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6673

Horseman 77 wrote:

I don't take drugs anymore.
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6857

UnOriginalNuttah wrote:

Horseman 77 wrote:

Too Late ! Rotflmao
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6673

Horseman 77 wrote:

UnOriginalNuttah wrote:

Horseman 77 wrote:

Too Late ! Rotflmao
If ending up like you is the alternative, I'd choose drugs everytime....

EDIT:  So is Bush's old coke habit to blame for all America's problems too?

Last edited by UnOriginalNuttah (2006-08-01 07:24:36)

Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6857

UnOriginalNuttah wrote:

Horseman 77 wrote:

UnOriginalNuttah wrote:

Too Late ! Rotflmao
If ending up like you is the alternative, I'd choose drugs everytime....
as we all suspected.
The logical conclusion would have been to exit quietly and hope no one noticed.
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6693|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
I got no problem with people who take drugs - that is, until they try taking them off me.
PuckMercury
6 x 9 = 42
+298|6547|Portland, OR USA
cannabis is in the US scheduling system where it is due to the demonization by the founder of the organization which preceeded the FDA.  It was subject to misinformation supported by the government due to widespread ignorance both in the government and the populous.  Recently the federal government in the US approved a grant for a research group to study the efficacy of medicinal marijuana.  The subsequent irony is that the only legal source of it then denied this research group any stock with which to conduct their study.

Personally, I don't use pot.  That being said, I find it at least no more harmful than alcohol, and certainly less harmful than tobacco.  The systems in place to test for alcohol in your blood and to regulate the subsequent sale of the drug are already in place in both tobacco and alcohol.  In fact, legalizing it would lead to a safer and better regulated product.

EDIT: Paragraphs are helpful

Last edited by PuckMercury (2006-08-01 15:25:32)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard