RicardoBlanco
The English
+177|6573|Oxford
Whether there were weapons nearby or not it was still a UN controlled UN building. The funny thing is, that UN post had been communicating with the Israeli armed forces for nine hours that day telling them not to attack the post in their raid.
Erkut.hv
+124|6740|California

=OBS= EstebanRey wrote:

Erkut.hv wrote:

jonsimon wrote:

How can some of you believe this justifies Israel killing those men? Even if Hezbollah baited them, IT IS ISRAELS FAULT FOR TAKING THE BAIT. A bully in grade school baits you into punching him so he can cry to the teacher, but the intention does not justify the action! Israel is at fault for killing these civillians, THEY HAVE A CHOICE NOT TO ATTACK. There is never a point where Hezbollah can remove their free will to CHOSE TO SAVE LIVES RATHER THAN END THEM.

Israel is as evil as hezbollah simply for playing their game.
So sit back and let Hezbollah launch missiles into Israel because they chose to locate their launch sites in densely populated areas?

makes perfect sense to me.
Are you Jewish by any chance?  Not flaming, a geniune question......
Do you mean Israeli, or jew by faith?

No to both, but I am tired of everyone on this particular forum rushing to condemn Israel while propping up hezbollah as a legitimate political entity.

Any political group that also shares it's name with a terrorist group, should change it's name, or bear the brunt of being grouped with their colleagues.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6560

rawls2 wrote:

Pansying around? Pansying around? Firing a rocket at Israel then running around a corner behind a house full of women and children to hide, that is pansying around. Thats bieng a straight out fag and a pussy. Hezbollah fighters are a bunch of snatches who are scared to fight face to face.
My point is that so are the Israelis.
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6700|NJ
Yeah droping high explosives from a jet or helo for one person doesn't seem very manly. I'd be running scared as well.
Oberst-Moser
+9|6525
erkut.hv you should be happy that the ss forgot ya
DSRTurtle
+56|6690
Civillians who harbor terrorists are just as evil as the terrorists.  It's sad that women and children get killed in war, but if you don't stand up to those who do things like Hezbollah does, then you reap what you sow.

edited for grammar

Last edited by DSRTurtle (2006-07-31 14:23:53)

CameronPoe
+2,925|6560

DSRTurtle wrote:

Civillians who harbor terrorists are just as evil as the terrorists.  It's sad that women and children get killed in war, but if you don't stand up to those who do things like Hezbollah does, then you reap what you sow.

edited for grammar
Oh that's right - it's incredibly easy to stand up to people who have a gun pointed at you. I must have forgotten that fact.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2006-07-31 14:31:51)

alpinestar
+304|6601|New York City baby.
Joobs and their mind games.
DSRTurtle
+56|6690

CameronPoe wrote:

DSRTurtle wrote:

edited for grammar
Oh that's right - it's incredibly easy to stand up to people who have a gun pointed at you. I must have forgotten that fact.
I'd rather be dead from standing up to them than to live under their oppression.

Oh wait you must be to young to vote or enlist in the army.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6560

DSRTurtle wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

DSRTurtle wrote:

edited for grammar
I'd rather be dead from standing up to them than to live under their oppression.

Oh wait you must be to young to vote or enlist in the army.
Well in fact I'm 27 and live in a neutral country that has but a token army who only take part in peackeeping missions so.....

Good luck with the being dead for standing up to them lark...
jonsimon
+224|6500

Erkut.hv wrote:

=OBS= EstebanRey wrote:

Erkut.hv wrote:

So sit back and let Hezbollah launch missiles into Israel because they chose to locate their launch sites in densely populated areas?

makes perfect sense to me.

No to both, but I am tired of everyone on this particular forum rushing to condemn Israel while propping up hezbollah as a legitimate political entity.

Any political group that also shares it's name with a terrorist group, should change it's name, or bear the brunt of being grouped with their colleagues.
Ah, so they're terrorists because the US says so. Obviously they should seperate from the military branch and change their name because the americans, canadians, and brits over seas call them terrorists. </sarcasm> You seem to think Hezbollah has some evil sinister intentions of being a terrorist group and that is their purpose. You're dead wrong. They we're dubbed terrorists by the triumverate of american power in the west, the fact is they began as freedom fighters. They were fighting to remove an occupying force.

A great paraellel is the American Revolution. Americans, living in America, revolted, and fought back against British troops from another country. Because the Americans lived here, they attacked from civillian centers and wore their regular clothes. They couldn't afford uniforms. Obviously the American revolution was a terrorist action. We didn't fight by the rules and line up to die, no, the Americans hid and struck while the enemy was marching. How unfair and down right dirty! What terrorists those revolutionaries were.

Well, the American Terrorists won the war and took back their land. So did the Lebannese. But imagine if the Brits came back! Thats exactly what is happening here. Hezbollah and the Lebannese drove off Israel after 20 years of occupation. Now, Israel is coming back, and Hezbollah is fighting in the places they live and the clothes they own. And America is shouting terrorism.
spastic bullet
would like to know if you are on crack
+77|6545|vancouver

Erkut.hv wrote:

UnOriginalNuttah wrote:

Did you get as far as the punchline for the article?:

If indeed Israel was attempting to hit Hezbollah fighters in the area, it hasn't yet used the excuse to explain its actions because it wouldn't make it any less guilty in the world's eyes, Capt. Forsberg said.
Indeed, why defend when nobody is going to believe you anyway? I don't blame them for not offering up excuses. War is war, everyone hates Israel anyway, why bother trying to explain themselves.

This was just an article by some Canadian dude that I found interesting.
*Backs up dumptruck full of salt into thread*

I made it about as far as the byline.  CanWest Global Communications own a huge chunk of all Canadian based media.  They're hugely pro-Israel and even got in trouble from Reuters for inserting their own bias under Reuters bylines.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canwest#Ed … troversies

Note UnOriginalNuttah's post above again.  This is the key part of the article, in terms of truth.  In terms of propaganda, however, it's all about generating threads like this one all over the internets.
DSRTurtle
+56|6690

jonsimon wrote:

Erkut.hv wrote:

=OBS= EstebanRey wrote:

Ah, so they're terrorists because the US says so. Obviously they should seperate from the military branch and change their name because the americans, canadians, and brits over seas call them terrorists. </sarcasm> You seem to think Hezbollah has some evil sinister intentions of being a terrorist group and that is their purpose. You're dead wrong. They we're dubbed terrorists by the triumverate of american power in the west, the fact is they began as freedom fighters. They were fighting to remove an occupying force.

A great paraellel is the American Revolution. Americans, living in America, revolted, and fought back against British troops from another country. Because the Americans lived here, they attacked from civillian centers and wore their regular clothes. They couldn't afford uniforms. Obviously the American revolution was a terrorist action. We didn't fight by the rules and line up to die, no, the Americans hid and struck while the enemy was marching. How unfair and down right dirty! What terrorists those revolutionaries were.

Well, the American Terrorists won the war and took back their land. So did the Lebannese. But imagine if the Brits came back! Thats exactly what is happening here. Hezbollah and the Lebannese drove off Israel after 20 years of occupation. Now, Israel is coming back, and Hezbollah is fighting in the places they live and the clothes they own. And America is shouting terrorism.
Get a grip.  There's a very big difference.  The American Revolutionaries didn't go around killing women and children in market places.  Hezbollah does.  They blow up buses, cars, whatever else in places where civillians gather.
HM1{N}
+86|6649|East Coast via Los Angeles, CA

Erkut.hv wrote:

http://www.canada.com/ottawacitizen/news/story.html?id=37278180-a261-421d-84a9-7f94d5fc6d50

Just read this. Was moving over the weekend, please delete post if alreayd covered. If not, please discuss. It furthers my view that I believe Hezbollah is purposefully placing military installations where they can cause the greatest "collateral" damage.
You forgot to mention that the U.N. has been saying all along that there were NO ROCKET LAUNCHERS nearby, they said that over 10+ times to Israel and they got bombed anyway.

That Canadian news agency is entirely pro Israel and has gotten slammed in the past for it's "untruthful" reporting of Israel.
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6760|United States of America
Ah, war is hell.... what can we do other than make one country lose? At any cost, because believe it or not you idiots not supporting Isreal are lucky to not be there.  Turns out that hezbolla would use you as shields too, and use you to transport equipment from place to place.
capitan hoff
+4|6644
naive - lets look at the facts there is no way hezzbohlla can compete against israel in a fair fight hence the gurillua tactics. No-one in there right mind will try and take on a huge army when  you have no hope of winning. At the end of the day both sides are wrong adn both will commit acts of actricity before the war is over - welcome to war (and human nature)
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6554|Southeastern USA

DSRTurtle wrote:

Get a grip.  There's a very big difference.  The American Revolutionaries didn't go around killing women and children in market places.  Hezbollah does.  They blow up buses, cars, whatever else in places where civillians gather.
quotedcuzimlazy
capitan hoff
+4|6644
DSRTurtle  - lol you really believe that no woman and kids were killed in the american revolution - read some history books - and keep in mind that history is always written by the victors
R3v4n
We shall beat to quarters!
+433|6491|Melbourne

One thing i would like to know is why Hezbollah send rockets into Civillian towns while the Isralie army attack from the border, Israil dont dilibratly fire rockets at civillains they attack Hezbollah rocket sites, with aircraft so ground troops dont get owned, yet you dont hear about Hezbollah firing rockets at the israilie army, just fireing at civillians and any body that has intent to harm civillians is a terrorist in my view...
~ Do you not know that in the service … one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?
<[onex]>Headstone
+102|6706|New York

=OBS= EstebanRey wrote:

Alexanderthegrape wrote:

The point is that Hezbollah sets up its launcher next to the U.N. outpost in the hopes that it gets attacked so they can use it in the propaganda war.
     I say this explains the attack totally and exonerates Israel in this matter.
+ 1 for the thread starter.
Yeah but the American public don't need persuading that Israel's in the right, the government makes sure of that.  It's the rest of the world who aren't as easy to convince.........
You cant convince Propagandaized sheep! The REST of the world needs to get a grip with reality and stop sympathizing with terrorists. Remember these are the same kind of fucktards that bombed your friggin subways. Too bad you wernt close enough to it to be truely effected, then maybe you wouldnt be so gullable!

Hezbolla FORCES women and children to STAY in places where they think Isreal will strike. Its a fact and its even proven. The Liberal news even admits it.

Theres Picture proof of Hezbolla Placing there weaponry among civilians.

Last edited by <[onex]>Headstone (2006-07-31 18:17:46)

jonsimon
+224|6500

DSRTurtle wrote:

jonsimon wrote:

Erkut.hv wrote:

Wrong. The American Revolutionaries started riots that were uncontrollable. Not only were the targets of these riots the tax collectors and other associated CIVILLIAN government officials, but even the rioters themselves were hurt in the mindless violence! The two conflicts are so astoundingly parallel that it hurts me to know my country has called these men terrorists.
<[onex]>Headstone
+102|6706|New York

jonsimon wrote:

DSRTurtle wrote:

jonsimon wrote:

Wrong. The American Revolutionaries started riots that were uncontrollable. Not only were the targets of these riots the tax collectors and other associated CIVILLIAN government officials, but even the rioters themselves were hurt in the mindless violence! The two conflicts are so astoundingly parallel that it hurts me to know my country has called these men terrorists.
Your out of your mind. Please move. Thanks

The american public.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6534|Global Command

CameronPoe wrote:

rawls2 wrote:

Pansying around? Pansying around? Firing a rocket at Israel then running around a corner behind a house full of women and children to hide, that is pansying around. Thats bieng a straight out fag and a pussy. Hezbollah fighters are a bunch of snatches who are scared to fight face to face.
1+ for the stupiest thing you've ever posted.

DSRTurtle wrote:

edited for grammar
I agree.

jonsimon wrote:

And America is shouting terrorism.
The people in custody in Israel were largely actively plotting for, or engaged in attacks on Israel. The two soldiers abducted from a outpost were just on duty inside their own border. As were the eight killed in the attack. America and Israel are not crying terrorism, we have declared war.
     Hezbollah has been quoted as saying they did not expect this kind of responce. They expected a exchange of "prisoners ". They expect to periodically cross internation borders, engage in attacks and abduct military personal AND THEY CRY FOUL???!!!

DSRTurtle wrote:

I gotta call you on this one; there were many reprisal killings between Loyalist and Independants that involved the killings of entire familes. There were battles were the Brittish were never even present.
jonsimon
+224|6500

Alexanderthegrape wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

rawls2 wrote:

1+ for the stupiest thing you've ever posted.

DSRTurtle wrote:

edited for grammar
I agree.

jonsimon wrote:

And America is shouting terrorism.
The people in custody in Israel were largely actively plotting for, or engaged in attacks on Israel. The two soldiers abducted from a outpost were just on duty inside their own border. As were the eight killed in the attack. America and Israel are not crying terrorism, we have declared war.
     Hezbollah has been quoted as saying they did not expect this kind of responce. They expected a exchange of "prisoners ". They expect to periodically cross internation borders, engage in attacks and abduct military personal AND THEY CRY FOUL???!!!

DSRTurtle wrote:

I gotta call you on this one; there were many reprisal killings between Loyalist and Independants that involved the killings of entire familes. There were battles were the Brittish were never even present.
When you agreed that civillians were evil for harboring someone without a choice, you lost some creditibility.

Hezbollah said they expected an exchange of prisoners because Israel has been holding hundreds of lebannese prisoners for years, prisoners that Israel CLAIMS were plotting to attack their country, but cannot prove factually.  Prisoners that were negotiated for in an earlier exchange of prisoners to which Lebannese/Hezbollah held true. In retaliation Hezbollah abducted two men for a few weeks and counting.

Yes this is a war, and hezbollah is a guerilla paramilitary group that constitutes one party in this war. They are not, however, terrorists.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6534|Global Command
You say they don't have a choice. I say it's cowardice to let your so called peace loving religion and nation be overrun with chaos and terrorism.
I too sympathize with the loss of life. And I see no way that this continued violence will change much.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard