Maj.Do
+85|6763|good old CA
Is stayin in like a heli for 15 mins and being afk on purpose kind of like stats padding. Cause one of my clanmates is doing that to get basic armor , basic heli, and so  on.
and 15 mins in a heli on  64 player server is like hell
jnick
+22|6793
PB will kick them/you for being idle.
Maj.Do
+85|6763|good old CA
actually some servers dont have that lol cheap
VirtuaLResistancE
ArmChair Warrior
+4|6767|NH - USA
I go into a game with the same intention on occasion - trying to get transport or the heli awards. Then, after the first death or so, I usually end up getting side tracked into the action and never complete it, or I bail on the idea because I dont want to hog the equipment.

I dont think there's anything terribly wrong with having a personal goal for each game, but it can detract from the teamwork and winning unless its intergrated with what the team is doing.

If AFK = away from computer...then ya, thats a lame way to get the award (sitting in the bushes somewhere) if your not going to at least participate. Finding these guys is a snipers delight!

Last edited by VirtuaLResistancE (2005-11-02 22:42:30)

DriftX
+0|6798
I did that for my Basic Ground Defense Badge, but not for any others
Maj.Do
+85|6763|good old CA
but if u get 3 kills in a tow u can get the ribbon 2 but ustill have to stay for 5 mins. cheap
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6844
I sorta did that for the air defense(before I knew that I could use the linebacker/other aavehicles) I sat in a stinger on Daquing Oilfields... I kept moving.. and I did shoot a few people down... so it's not like I wasn't helping a bit... but I still felt sorta cheap just sitting there.
M90Medic
Wiki Contributor
+2|6765|Medicland, sthlm

AFKing to get a badge, lame. You suck.
Sitting around in a TOW or likewise, or flying around with a chopper, OK. Mebbe youre not contributing that much, but at least youre manning a position or transporting peeps.
jnick
+22|6793
I'll do this as commander though.

I'll rack up commander time and points, kit time, and either transport, AA or TOW time. I'll choose the one closest to our main.

However, I'll never just sit in a heli, jet, or tank if I'm not using it.
pfcilng
+0|6778|Northern Illinois University
Yeah do the same for Commander - but not on a movable asset
BurlySmurf
+1|6766|Nellis AFB
I do the same when I am commander. I usually sit in an mounted MG since I don't use them too often.
[Ahazi] Kaika
The Suicidal Soldier
+3|6772
Great way to get basic transport: Be commander on a map with the carrier, spawn, grab an RIB, go off to a remote part of the map, and command.  Badge in no time.  Same for Air defense ribbon, cept I reccomend Sharqi and MEC commander.  Grab the IGLA at the heli base and start shelling the enemy with art.  While art is recharging, drop supplies over your troops to get heal, resupply, and repair points on your global record toward medals.
LSD_Wash
+64|6824
I hate to admit this but, I got my ground defense badge totally by accident.  I spawned as USMC on Karkan and applied to be commander.  Whilst waiting for the verdict I manned the machine gun turret at the southern-most spawn point, just in case anyone came rushing in early.  I got to be commander and immediately went to commander screen and started my UAV, supply, and arty duties.  15 minutes later, having forgotten where I was, thinking I was in my usual 'hiding' spot, out of the blue, I get a ground defense award.  WTF I though...  I came out of the commander screen long enough to realize where I was and go find a better hiding spot!  I hope this post doesn't give too many noobs the idea to exploit this... but perhaps EA should not allow you to accumulate time awards like this while in commander screen.
vjs
+19|6782
Actually I don't see the issue with this, IMHO it's what you should be doing as commander.

NOW commanding while in a tank, APC, airplane, helicopter thats a different matter those people should be kicked. Don't use any of those while commanding, also if you keep getting killed while commander your not helping the team your hurting them. I might make the exception if you decide to be a medic/support/engineer in a APC, or transport helicopter but not if your in the drivers seat and certainly not if your dead 50% of the time.

Lets just take karland for example while your commanding.

Grab the mounted machine gun ALL THE WAY AT THE BACK and sit in the commander screen. Same goes for the TOW on SHARKI I guess.

Now hello, your commander with scan you know where the enemy is. If there is a red dot coming up on you get out of the commander screen and shoot. If there is nobody there are you really whoreing the MG?? Has anyone ever said "GET OUT OF MY MOUNTED MACHINE GUN YOU NOOB".

Another good thing to do, Karland for example. Jump in the HUMVEE as an ENGINEER, drive the HUMVEE into the corner of the map. When people are coming along, remember the red dots in scan mode??? Spot them, drive up to them, F2, and let them have it. Also repair your own assets, drive up to artty and save your supplies for the troops.

The only thing that should kill you is enemy artillery if your in a jeep in Karkland. Getting C4'ed out of your jeep... your probably not aware of whats going on. Besides jeeps in Karland and the back base??? They are pretty much always there unless someone is using them for Kamakaze C4 runs.
DriftX
+0|6798

Maj.Do wrote:

but if u get 3 kills in a tow u can get the ribbon 2 but ustill have to stay for 5 mins. cheap
Yeah I didn't know that at the time. However I got it a few weeks ago by just sitting at the U.S. main on Dragon Valley. I was in the TOW missle as Support and I was also Commander. Using the Arty I got the kills required. Good way to stack up stats on 3 things I don't usually play as: Ground Defense, Support, and Commander.
CBRad929
+1|6795
Being afk in a heli is a bad idea if there are jet pilots around. 

Transport - Get a vodnik and protect the east side alley above the railroad tracks on 64p Karkand (gunner position) and you'll get transport in no time.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6786|Noizyland

I tried getting my chopper badge by being idle. I just got so damn bored. I didn't get the badge anyway, so I forgot about all that. Got it the other day while having an awesome time killing guys in a chopper.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
DriftX
+0|6798
I got my Basic Transport Badge by spawning at the southernmost MEC base on Sharqi. I hopped into an RIB (Rapid Inflatable Boat) and drove forward, pressing "J" while holding down my forward key so that the type prompt comes up but the boat keeps going. Every time I got close to the boundaries I press enter, change directions, then do it again
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6774

i got my transport badge, air defense badge and ground defense badge in one round simply by commanding, and sitting around in it instead of hiding off.
Crypto_420
+25|6854|Portland
Come on guys thats the hole point....time,  There is never Helos,  jets, tanks, apc's, guys, around every sec.,  theres alot of down time,  sitting in a stingger/Mounted Gun waiting and watching the area is a dutie.....to be done by some one else,  not me.   I enjoy blowing the shit out of these people with an Attack chopper or jet.  So please next time your CDR and your sitting on a Gun/Singer and you die by Jet or Helo double check the person that killed you,  it mit be me,   Crypto_420

Crypto_420

https://bf2s.com/player/37246377/sig.png
https://bf2s.com/player/37246377/sig5.png
https://bf2s.com/player/37246377/sig3.png
https://bf2s.com/player/37246377/awards.jpg
thinner44
+1|6821
I don't see a problem with sitting at an AA point or TOW/MG to get your basic badge, isn't it what it's all about, accumulating badges, ribbons, medals and stuff. I also see the other point, you're supposed to be part of a team... but if part of being a team means you stay at a certain point, beit in a TOW/MG to splat the REDS, and the side effect of that is you get your badges, then good on ya, you've done two jobs in one

Part of the reason we lose CPs is because we all rush headlong at the enemy and no one stays behind to 'man' a defence.... so if it means staying behind, defending and mounting a gun, then that too is part of teamwork
vjs
+19|6782
Yes you have mounted machines guns tow's for reasons they are teamwork duties.

All I'm saying is don't just man the back TOW in karland at the begining of the round just to get your 5 minutes, if your commanding sure man a unmanned station no problem. However if the top base is captured mount the TOW as AT, that the best combo, fire TOW, dismount, shoot rocket, remount, rearm.

The last thing you want is enemy in the back bases, if one guy sitting at a TOW does it great. But please play AT when your going to man a TOW.
Coolbeano
+378|6774

well, when i command i also obviously don't take vehicles people are gonna use. air defense? take the 2nd essex turret. vehicle? get some lone DPV or something and drive off. (Zatar have PLENTY unused, even unused armor. kudos if you get to the crop circles!)
vjs
+19|6782
Humm, that's right the second missle defense is seldom used by anyone. I hardly ever try to bomb or shoot it either. Yup the crop circles are a nice touch on "Stalemate?" I probably played the game for about 50 hours before I even found them. There are a couple other weird things to do in a jet, try flying through the tunnel in kubra dam then going verticle, that will 99% get someone off your tail in the bomber. I have about a 75% sucess rate flying through there now... well not counting the times there are jeeps and tanks in there. :-( Its a desperate move but it works, alot of times the other guy will crash into the damn dam as well.
Coolbeano
+378|6774

yeah, i've done that a few times, but an even harder one is the whole above the tunnel, in the middle of the damn. where the chopper spawns. That forces you to roll so you're sideways. and then you're heading straight for a crane

i used to think i looked l33t flying through the dock cranes on dalian, but after watching myself on a demo i realize that there's actually enough space for like 3 planes to fly through it. lol

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard