joelo59
+0|6743
It seems that for the average gamer some of this requirements are imposible to get, especially the total hours.  By the time I get them all Battlefield 4 will be out on the market.  What do you think, do they need to lower some requirements? again?
kessel!
Peruvian Cocaine
+261|6757|Toronto Canada
true
Kr39
Be A Medic!
+2|6755|Austin TX
no.  i dont really have a lot of legitimit reasons why, but i think they should set a standard and make ppl adapt to it.  some stuff is hard, but you can focus on the ones that are relevant to you, and let the  8h a day players worry about the 1337 ass badges/ribbons.  thats my opinion, no harm intended.
divided
Clear!
+3|6765
I think that badges and ribbons should take some effort and hard work to get, and that medals should take a lot of effort and hard work to get.  I think they should change the war college ribbon to a medal, because it's requirements are actually harder than some of the medals.  The badges should be left alone, I think they're fine, the requirements reflect the name of the badge(ie basic is easy, veteran you have to be a veteran, expert you have to be an expert..).

Also, it feels really good after you work your ass off to get an award and finally get it.

Last edited by divided (2005-11-02 18:34:31)

Tigg@lot
noob on tour
+1|6766|NRW,Germany
The only requirement that is to high in my opinion is the 3:1 Win/Loss Ratio for the War College Ribbon as you either have to play in a clan against public match or switch sides if your team is going to loose.

I think the hour requirements for medals are just fine (although I´ll reach them with BF3 release) as the medals should show that you´ve spent a lot of time improving yourself to get them while the ribbons and badges are still quite easy to get for casual gamers.
nzjafa
+2|6757
i dont think theyre too hard. sure, the average gamer doesnt get the best ribbons, but neither does the average soldier. medals are given out to acknowledge really exceptional things a soldier does, and if you manage to get any of the requirements for the medal, well you deserve it.
WildBlueYonder
+0|6730|New Brunswick Canada
I think that the badges are definately fine where they are. But then again i'm happy with getting basic everything. I'm not desperate to get advanced in anything (it would take 1500 hours to get all the badges and ribbons minimum if you did several at the same time, this doesn't count medals)
dsb
+0|6769
i the reqs for the "lower prestige" badges/ribbons have already been lowered.  Medals and Expert level badges SHOULD NOT be the kind of thing that can get handed out everyday.
Jodah3
+1|6731
The problem with the medals etc is that the requirements are all redundant.  Anybody with half a brain and 40 hours a week to play can get the medals eventually.  They should contain a broader range of requirements and be geared more towards their classes abilities.

I'm not going to go into a whole long list, but a quick example of what I mean would be the Spec Ops badge requiring x number of strategic asset kills, y number of vehicle kills, along with normal kills.  Sniper should be x% accuracy with sniper rifle, y number of enemy spotting, along with z number of kills etc.

As for the time requirements, they don't bother me too much, the hardcore players need something to strive for, I just wish everything wasn't just x number of kills across the board.
Hyper_Dude
+5|6815|United Knigdom

Jodah3 wrote:

Sniper should be x% accuracy with sniper rifle.
That is a fantastic Idea, only the descent snipers would be able to get that Badge/Medal.

The only other thing I have a problem with is the WCR, I think is should be 2.0 rather than 3.0, it's a bit much but I only say that because I'm on 1.57 odd.
dsb
+0|6769

Jodah3 wrote:

The problem with the medals etc is that the requirements are all redundant.  Anybody with half a brain and 40 hours a week to play can get the medals eventually.  They should contain a broader range of requirements and be geared more towards their classes abilities.

I'm not going to go into a whole long list, but a quick example of what I mean would be the Spec Ops badge requiring x number of strategic asset kills, y number of vehicle kills, along with normal kills.  Sniper should be x% accuracy with sniper rifle, y number of enemy spotting, along with z number of kills etc.

As for the time requirements, they don't bother me too much, the hardcore players need something to strive for, I just wish everything wasn't just x number of kills across the board.
i think that's an excellent idea.
[FIS]-Thor
+0|6735|Vienna- Austria
the regulations are Ok for the awards.. but there are too less awards moire awards would make it and some medlas to get earlier, (new medals for earlier i mean) and more ribbons.

OR much more unlocks...

Last edited by [FIS]-Thor (2005-11-15 12:29:53)

Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6766|Noizyland

Yeah, badges and ribbons should e hard to get. The War College one is a bit tricky, but it will make it more of a reward when you finally get it... before or after BF4 comes out.

I like the sniper accuracy idea. I've wanted to be an excellent sniper just like I used to be in BF1942. My accuracy's somethng like 40%. You reckon that'd be enough our do you reckon 50% is the way to go?

Last edited by Tyferra (2005-11-15 12:35:32)

[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
jag1973
Bushwhacker
+1|6836|Tegucigalpa, Honduras
Absolutly not, do not change the requirements any more. Basic is for the one who dont play much or at all. Veteran for the average player, and expert for the adict. SO dont change the requirements any more, I believe that they already messed up with ranks, cause the went way too low.

If all these or some are lowered, then what will the higher ranked players look forward to?
Jodah3
+1|6731

Tyferra wrote:

Yeah, badges and ribbons should e hard to get. The War College one is a bit tricky, but it will make it more of a reward when you finally get it... before or after BF4 comes out.

I like the sniper accuracy idea. I've wanted to be an excellent sniper just like I used to be in BF1942. My accuracy's somethng like 40%. You reckon that'd be enough our do you reckon 50% is the way to go?
Well, I avoided exact numbers because that was not the point of the post.  I believe the spirit behind being an expert sniper means you should excel at all aspects of the class, one of which would be being accurate with the rifle.

How accurate you would need to be would be determine by lots of data analysis and balance testing (you want it to be challenging enough to make the award prestigious, but not so impossible that you're forced to stat pad for it).

I guess the heart of my complaint is that BF2 supports all of these fantastic stats that are broken down into so many categories, yet 90% of the awards are based on time played + kills.
Jodah3
+1|6731

jag1973 wrote:

Absolutly not, do not change the requirements any more. Basic is for the one who dont play much or at all. Veteran for the average player, and expert for the adict. SO dont change the requirements any more, I believe that they already messed up with ranks, cause the went way too low.

If all these or some are lowered, then what will the higher ranked players look forward to?
My ideas are also hypothetical and couldn't be implemented at this point in the game.  Imagine the uproar if EA blanked out everyone's awards because of new requirements.

Although if at some point they do considering adding new awards or new class of awards, I would like to see them take advantage of some of the different stats they track.

Another random thought -> Add "master" level above expert.  Expert will get you the basic time requirements (maybe lower the 100h to 50h) but then start using some of the other statistics.  Getting 40-50% accuracy as a sniper may not be too bad, but sustaining that over 50h of play would be impressive.

Again though, its not the numbers themselves I'm worried about, its the idea of using all these other stats to create some more diverse awards.
RadeonII
+1|6767
maybe if they set the I.A.R. standers to a total amount rather then haveing to do so much in 1 single round. A high number would be ok.. I have all but my knife and Ive been trying like a fool to get it  the most Ive had is 2 kills in 1 single game and ive tried most maps doing this. if you can get 100 over all knife kills that sould merit a badge...
RadeonII
+1|6767
and also there needs to be a TK badge.  rather then stripes you should get a huge asshole as your rank
FoodNipple101
I like grapes.
+1|6750
I think 100 hours is kinda much. 15 hours is perfect for vet but it should be 30 hours for expert. I think the requirements for next badge should always double the one before it. Like the Good conduct medal is almost exactly double the ribbon.
jnick
+22|6774
30hrs is to low . . . should be more like 75ish.
jointop
+0|6749
its not so bad,, the max time for a medal is 250hrs,,, if your average gamer play 10-15hrs a wk is only  25wks to get your medal,,half a yr(bitless),an considering the game has been out for about 5 months now,an the expansion is about to launch,),,i doubt we'll be at bf4(CANT WAIT),,,my self am at 450hr but i consider my self above av player( time wise 8)),so i think there ok, IMHO. 

Now if your talkin badges ( armor,heli,aviator ) then yes, u might have something ,, again IMHO i think they may be high,considering the following,try to get armor Expert(400hrs) u would have to play 24/7 for 16 an abit days,an thats not taking into account loading time ,map switchs that may not have a  certain VEC,an havin to fight for these VEC,,an all the time u get TKed for them,  (max hrs (expert AR400/H400/AV300),(am at 80 some hrs avaitor an 45hrs armor in 5mnths)) , then i think they might be abit much,,an even more , on the above Avg player(time wise),,the AVG player my take 1yr + if u play those Vec 90+% of ur gaming time,,witch is unlikely for the AVG player, an then you may have a point we could b @ BF4(8)),Another thing is the Engineers,,i find that you really need to repair like crazy to get points,,i would lower the time VS points for repair points ( IMHO,again),,.

also i dont have a squad i play w/ on a reg basis, nor do i have my own server,an i generally play on 64 plyr servers,,so IT may be a different Experiance ,for those who do..

CHEERS,an hope to kill you on the battlefield

Last edited by jointop (2005-11-15 13:39:24)

-(PK)-DarkIllusion
+1|6832
the only 1 i'm havin trouble wit is the freakin war-college ribbon... so frutratin when u loose a game.. three more to go uh...darn
jointop
+0|6749
would also like to add, that in my 80+ hrs in aviator am ranked 788  out of what a million ranked players,,,NOW if that doesnt get me an Expert medal i dont know what will.....lmao ,,,,WHERE ME EXPERT MEDAL.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8)
CHEERS.!!!!!!!!
MattCicioni
+1|6821|Arizona
The war college ribbon is an elusive dream. Give up any hope of ever getting that award.  As far as the rest go, I think the requirments are fine.  Gives us all something to work for...

I am personally working on the Meritorious Service Medal right now.  I should have it in a week or two giving my average 4 hours a night.   The heals are not to hard to get, it's just the repairs that come a little slower.
-Matt

Last edited by MattCicioni (2005-11-15 13:47:16)

dshak
+4|6805
this may be a radical thing... but perhaps if more people were AFTER that war college ribbon, it would promote more team play and less point whoring selfishness... gasp. Too bad most of the point whores don't care, though I do like to think it will keep them up at night when they have all their little awards... but ONE! mooohahahaha I think the only reason the WC exists is to punish those who racked up all their awards by sacrificing their team. The guys who crash jets into choppers, the jihad jeepers (I only find this acceptable as a commander if my little martyr is taking out busloads of bad guys with each explosive, its simple ticket math), etc etc.

personally I think it would have just made a lot more sense to have the WC ribbon only take into account games you commanded in.

Last edited by dshak (2005-11-15 13:47:43)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard