Vintageologist
Tankbuster
+31|6750|Vienna, Austria
I mean... a K/D Ratio of 1/4 with minimum of 5/20? What is this? An award for the retarded? I never even died 20 times in one round... I dontget why you should get an award for being lame...
US|dirtysouth
purple sticky punch
+0|6806|englewood FL.
one word   search...this topic is getten really old!
Maj.Do
+85|6743|good old CA
i got it when i keep gettin killed when i started playing.  makes me laugh when i see it
divided
Clear!
+3|6764
I've had mixed feelings about if I want the medal or not.
AnarkyXtra
BF2s EU Server Admin
+67|6779|Hanging onto the UAV
I got it when I started out. I sucked.

I'm not much better now, to be fair!
Guruz
Sir
+20|6830|government yard in trenchtown.
IMO it's good to have.

It doesn't tell anything about the player's skills, the STATS do.
If anything tells it.
mort4u
Artillery catcher
+5|6830|Munich, Germany

Vintageologist wrote:

... I dontget why you should get an award for being lame...
id like to cerrect the terma you are using here.

imho "lame" are ppl who use the 203 in close range and bunny hop all the time, or the ones being commander on citymaps and drop all the supply boxes around their tanks.
but beeing bad in a game isnt lame at all cause as i see it lameness is an act of will but sucking in a game is a circumstance cause the person either is new to the mechanics of the game or just not a skilled player yet.

i akways expected to get the purple heart in my noob days but it didnt happen and i doubt i will get it without trying it
pinky_81
+1|6781|Denmark
I looks great - and in real world it's for doing good things and then getting injured... I think the reqs are crap now!!
Landepaukku
Finnish bush-man
+23|6829|Finland
I got mine at almost instantly when i started playing. I was like i "hey that looks cool, lets check UBAR for reqs...oh 5/20 well that shouldnt be too hard..." so on the next server i first killed 4 guys and then started getting killed on purpose so that i could get that one kill so my kill streak wouldnt be like 20 (although its 14 because of the medal....it should be like 8). Only later i realized it was the noobie award. Oh well, it looks cool anyway.

Last edited by Landepaukku (2005-11-03 04:50:27)

blacksheepcannibal
+24|6743
well, sometimes you are just having a bad day. sometimes the other team is just that much better. sometimes you are well, new. FNG, whatever.

a purple heart represents that you stuck with the map even when you were getting your ass handed to you, for whatever reason. unless somebody corrects me, i dont belive you get an award/medal/points on a map that you exit out of.
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6825
Eventually, I want to be one of the only ones without it.
ENTR0PYMAN
+3|6779|The Void
If I notice that my ratio that bad I would leave.

I try to be aware of my score. Everyone has bad days agreed, but I figure if Im doing that poorly I should take a short break or find a new server to play on.

I have not seen anyone with more than one of these.  If I knew you had more than a few of them I would make sure I was really far away from you on the map, or on the other team.
nzjafa
+2|6757
i think it looks nice, but i agree its a medal you get if you're getting your ass kicked.
i got one in my very early days of playing and i thought it was great...
but i think the reason its there is that people who get their ass kicked over and over and over as the game starts still get something to look at. its sort of like a 'you're doing so badly we feel sorry for you, here have this' sort of medal.
||BFA||xZeler8
Expendable Miracle Worker
+1|6773

ENTR0PYMAN wrote:

If I notice that my ratio that bad I would leave.

I try to be aware of my score. Everyone has bad days agreed, but I figure if Im doing that poorly I should take a short break or find a new server to play on.

I have not seen anyone with more than one of these.  If I knew you had more than a few of them I would make sure I was really far away from you on the map, or on the other team.
some people are more concerned with playing the game and having fun (or in my case getting upset)...bad rounds happen, i'm not going to leave a server just to avoid an award that might, dare i say it, look bad...whatever...

i'd be more concerned with a overall negative Kill:Death ratio overall *cough* than i would be with a bad round...i have a purple heart and have no problem with it...i'll have to find you online sometime, get you that purple heart in no time 
dshak
+4|6805
two words... spawn camp. I have one, and a  whole heep of tanks and apcs (with their commander dropping crates on them) sitting in the US base made it really easy to get. I could have just respawned at the airstrip, but I figured to hell with them. Even if they get me 3 times for every one time I get them (turned out to be four I guess, hence the award) I will rid the world of these campers.
CBRad929
+1|6776
Every once in a while, I'll print out a full page jpg of the purple heart and post it on co-workers cube walls who have gotten that award for fun. 
McCullough
+7|6830
hey. it's a medal. end of story.
CBRad929
+1|6776

McCullough wrote:

hey. it's a medal. end of story.
Its a nub award, but a nub award none-the-less. 
Dsn1239
+0|6742
I think its nothing to be ashamed off. In fact I'm quite proud of my 4 (Yes 4 Purple hearts!).
Got 3 in the first few weeks of playing and the last one when the sides where badly uneaven and we were big shot to pieces by helicopters.

To be honest I'd rather have one if those thatn a tank whoring ribbon. It shows that you may be lame but your not a quitter!
Maj.Do
+85|6743|good old CA
purple hearts are awesome 2 have in real life. im pround of my uncle . hes received 1 in Iraq because he got stabbed by a knife while sniping.  theres nothing wrong with purple hearts i think if your playing aqainst some1 who is good
Bloody Sky
+2|6836|Texas
I'll get it, when either I'm forced (by having everything else in the game), AFK (but keep spawning, HATE IT WHEN THAT HAPPENS!), or by accident.

I mean it's a cool medal, but people will assume you are a bad (or "n00b") player or think you where at ONE TIME, when truth is, I never was really a "bad" player.
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6757|Cambridge (UK)

Maj.Do wrote:

purple hearts are awesome 2 have in real life. im pround of my uncle . hes received 1 in Iraq because he got stabbed by a knife while sniping.  theres nothing wrong with purple hearts i think if your playing aqainst some1 who is good
So that does happen in real life combat!
Vintageologist
Tankbuster
+31|6750|Vienna, Austria

mort4u wrote:

Vintageologist wrote:

... I dontget why you should get an award for being lame...
id like to cerrect the terma you are using here.

imho "lame" are ppl who use the 203 in close range and bunny hop all the time, or the ones being commander on citymaps and drop all the supply boxes around their tanks.
but beeing bad in a game isnt lame at all cause as i see it lameness is an act of will but sucking in a game is a circumstance cause the person either is new to the mechanics of the game or just not a skilled player yet.

i akways expected to get the purple heart in my noob days but it didnt happen and i doubt i will get it without trying it
Yeah, you're probably right, maybe I should have chosen other words, but you get what I mean.
Vintageologist
Tankbuster
+31|6750|Vienna, Austria

Maj.Do wrote:

Is he still alive?
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6755

i saw the funniest shit the other day;

One guy on our team had 5 kills, 17 deaths. 3 deaths short of a PH. and some asshole (if the purple heart is a... disgrace, for lack of a better word) teamkilled him 3 times, and then shouted: HAHA YOU GOT THE PURPLE HEART! and left...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard