Eagle
Togs8896 is my evil alter ego
+567|6640|New Hampshire, USA
Well think about it.  Commander spends alot of time in the command screen.  While there, he is completeley vulnurable to atatcks.  With a guard dog, you'll get a good warning bark if anyone comes too close, plus it can bite people that try to knife you whilest you command.  I also like the Desert Eagle idea.  Pistols are supposed to be a last resort in a frontline battle.  If the commander is fighting, then it must be a last resort.  The Desert Eagle would be great because unlike normal pistols, a .44 pistol is very strong and would take most enemies down in a few hits, but you still cant really snipe with it.  So basically, if a bad guy gets too close your guard dog lets you know and then you jump outta command screen and blast him with your Desert Eagle.  Meh, it could work.  It would at least stop all the commanders that are there just for the points and not to command.

Oh yeah, i want them to have a cool new officers uniform... the spetznaz commander gets that awsome furry hat they alwys wear!!

Flame away

Last edited by -=]NS[=-Eagle (2006-07-28 13:39:15)

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/14407/Sig_Pats.jpg
Volatile
+252|6713|Sextupling in Empire

Desert Eagle = .50 Caliber.
Eagle
Togs8896 is my evil alter ego
+567|6640|New Hampshire, USA
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desert_Eagle

Wikipedia seems to think there are more than one versions of the DE with different calibers
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/14407/Sig_Pats.jpg
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6752|Reality
The timer would also apply to vehiculesn also. Sorry if I mis-explained that part.
The question is how much time on the timer (10, 20, 30 seconds?)
The timer would apply to any stationary weapon or vehicule.

The commander could still spawn at any flag, and can still capture flags and can still contribute if necessary. Although if he is doing his job it shouldn't be necessary. MOTIVATE your troops.

He can temporarily man AT/AA/LMG to help repulse attacks. He can jump into tanks etc. to prevent theft. But he would not be able to do is avoid his responsabilities.

Guys, his main job, his reason for being, is to command. How many of you have seen flying commanders? What a effing waste!

Oh in case of confusion Deagle=Desert Eagle. 2 hit kills? or maybe Harry Callahan's handcannon from the Deadpool?

The dog twist  = LOL

Some people: so much hate! How do you live with yourselves? I'll bet the flies walk in your houses. Sheesh liten up.
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
BandoIruka
+1|6503
Why don't you take it up a knotch? Allow the commander to be armed with a disintergrator gun and the ability to build tanks and vehicles with a portable nanolathing device >.>
AllmightyOz
+50|6495|United States - Ohio
hey Stubbee, obviously you cannot command and are one of the people who blames losing a game on the commander. Commanders CAN use cars. Commanders SHOULD use cars. If you see someone going to take a flag and you're commander, jump in your hmmv and drive to him, then take his ass out with a rocket and drive back to your post. Commanding in between and saving your team a flag.

No using mounted guns?? So your saying the commander cant defend a base? Cant even defend HIMSELF if he has just a fucking desert eagle. "0o0o0 .50 cal pistol", still a PISTOL.

You stfu up Stubbee. It is people with no skill, no balls, and no intelligence like you that fuck up battlefield for the rest of us.

STUBBEE PENIS NO SKILL!
ShowMeTheMonkey
+125|6711
Ok. BIG problem with commanding.

People.

You try getting 32 morons who love running about shooting at anything that moves to do your bidding.

If your assets get destroyed you can TRY getting an engineer (if there is any) to fix them. All they'll do is run to the enemy base and die.

If your army captures an enemy main base (ones with enemy assets) then you can TRY asking a SpecOps guy to take them out. Will he? No he wont!
AllmightyOz
+50|6495|United States - Ohio
your a fucking idiot if you cannot kill people AND command. As admin of an INFANTRY ONLY server (with the exclusion of transports), I've seen many people that can command and fight great, AT THE SAME TIME. I myself can do the same. So shut ur hole and leave, your opinion is not wanted. People who want to completely change the game into something else should find something else.
Paco_the_Insane
Phorum Phantom
+244|6653|Ohio
hey i got a better idea. how about when a commander gives an order, when its carried out the commander gets 1 point, the squad leader gets 2 points if he helps in the operation, and any squad member that helps gets 1 point. It encourages commanders to give orders, squads to accept and follow orders, and lone wolfs to join and help squads. Maybe a deffend order can be for like 2 minutes, an a attack means to totally cap a flag, and move can give maybe half points because its easiest, so you have to do 2 moves, and maybe they have to be a certain distance to prevent padding, or better, to an enemy base. No, just have moves be no points, no one uses them anyway.
buttered noodle
+16|6654|ohio

Stubbee wrote:

It as already been proposed that there should be some sort of super commander kit. But we need commanders who will actually spend 90% of their time commanding and not fixing things etc..

My take would be the following:

You get the Commander kit in the usually manner, ie by clicking the button. Awarded based on rank.

-The Commander Kit consists of a Deagle and Knife. Period.
-Enter a vehicule and access to the command screen is denied.
-Enter a stationary weapon and access to the command screen denied. (Or maybe instead have a 10 second timer akin to the out-of-bounds timer and he/she dies) (<---the more i think about it I like this idea beter)
-Pickup someone's kit and you relinquish command. Need to apply again.
-When you die no one can take your kit.

Explanations:

Whenever a commander does something from the list above: repair, heal, resupply, kill, capture he/she gives away points. The point of commanding is to get your team to do the work for you.
The timer would allow the commander to defend as a last resort but not abuse the stat system.
He/she would actually have to command.
A commander kit would not allow abuse of the stat system wrt getting badges for arty kills for example.

The above is never gonna happen but what the hey. Maybe they should reset everyone's stats and start over
Sometimes a commander is the ONLY one who will sit in the AA and deteer enemy planes from raping the essex. Also, why would you want to DISARM your commander?, if his team wont protect him the enemy will jsut keep coming to the homebase and rape him, and if he cant repair his own assets when his team wont what good does that do? So he's not allowed to heal himself either? OR would you prefer he waste the supply drop on himslef to slowly heal himself? Dude you seriously need to go back to first grade(b/c u dont know shit) and also, have you ever actually played the game? if you had i dont think u'd be such a whiney noob about it.
Smackin_U
VAGITARIAN
+35|6652|Somewhere in the shadows

Paco_the_Insane wrote:

hey i got a better idea. how about when a commander gives an order, when its carried out the commander gets 1 point, the squad leader gets 2 points if he helps in the operation, and any squad member that helps gets 1 point. It encourages commanders to give orders, squads to accept and follow orders, and lone wolfs to join and help squads. Maybe a deffend order can be for like 2 minutes, an a attack means to totally cap a flag, and move can give maybe half points because its easiest, so you have to do 2 moves, and maybe they have to be a certain distance to prevent padding, or better, to an enemy base. No, just have moves be no points, no one uses them anyway.
I like that idea.  I think it would really improve the teamwork aspect of the game.  +1 for U
souljar
+8|6493|Liverpool U.K
LOL you got super flamed bro , there's allot of this going on !

I think that if you get the commander to do his job instead of going on one man missions all the time like i see so often in the game is a good thing . I need a vehicle drop , transport needed , vehicle drop requested , i need transport , i need transport , i need transport .............stupid mother fuc.........

...................................VOTE NOW PLEASE >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Last edited by souljar (2006-07-29 11:00:47)

Altophish
+8|6509
points for following orders is a good idea.  it's the lack of proper military perspective that makes most people lonewolf.  you know "teamwork" and "brotherhood".  silly shit like that.
ShowMeTheMonkey
+125|6711

AllmightyOz wrote:

your a fucking idiot if you cannot kill people AND command. As admin of an INFANTRY ONLY server (with the exclusion of transports), I've seen many people that can command and fight great, AT THE SAME TIME. I myself can do the same. So shut ur hole and leave, your opinion is not wanted. People who want to completely change the game into something else should find something else.
Angry bastard isn't he! But yes the commander thing is a bit strange, may not work.

Opinions are always wanted!
High Spirit
+5|6580|Canada, Eh?
Being commander is about helping teammates. Being able to give them what they need when they need it. If you cannot give them supplies, vehicle, artillery or anything else when they need it because you are waiting to spawn or in the middle of battle yourself, your team will most likley lose.

Giving a player what they need or even something they do not ask for but will be to thier benifit, will give that player a chance to survive the enemy comming around the corner looking for them. If that player survives, that is one more ticket you saved from losing when the player is killed and who knows how many tickets you loose when they capture that flag they are defending. You also increase the chance of that player to get to another flag and capture it.

How can you give a teammate supplies when he's low, a vehicle/artillery/uav when they have a swarm of enemy troops entering the area when your in the middle of battle yourself. If you kill people and command at the same time, you must be hording the commander assets to your self since there is no way you can know where the enemy is, where they are heading to or anything! You are going by what you see on your battle screen, not commander screen!

Remind me to switch teams if your commander.
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6687|Middle of nowhere
the only part i like is the vehicles thing, i absolutely HATE when our commander fights in a vehicle... pisses me the HELL off, and of course, 99% of the time, my team doesn't care enough to mutiny the guy/girl so i can command... o well
crimson_grunt
Shitty Disposition (apparently)
+214|6663|Teesside, UK

souljar wrote:

I think that if you get the commander to do his job instead of going on one man missions all the time like i see so often in the game is a good thing . I need a vehicle drop , transport needed , vehicle drop requested , i need transport , i need transport , i need transport .............stupid mother fuc.........

...................................VOTE NOW PLEASE >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
I must admit I've sometimes gone on missions to capture flags when my team have ignored what I've told them and showed then with uavs.  Sometimes you need to go capture flags while your entire team are sat at the point heavy flag otherwise the tickets would just drain away.

Unfortunately when ever i hear constant requests for vehicles like that its usually at a certain spot on karkland.  Gets annoying having to listen to it for an entire round.

A commander at the very least needs to be able to jump in a vehicle and repair his assets relying on other engineers isn't always going to happen.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6780|PNW

1. From the low number of troops a BF2 commander is in charge of, I would have to say they're low enough in rank that they should be as heavily equipped as the next soldier.

2. & first half of 3. Anything that further detracts players from being commanders should be avoided if at all possible.

Second half of 3. Out of bounds killing is necessary, but a bit silly at times (especially when you're in a stall). Adding more random automatic death to a game that can half-kill you for walking down stairs in laggy conditions is rediculous.

4. I can't see a commander being demoted for picking up a fallen comrade's rifle.

5. As I disagree with commander kits completely, response to this is irrelevant.

However, I would like to say that a commander's player model looking a bit different would be welcome.
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6752|Reality

AllmightyOz wrote:

Took me a week to recover from laughing so hard at the irony of this rant.

I seem to recall that BF2 is a combined arms game until enough people bitched about air/armor/chopper that they completely changed the game by adding INFANTRY only servers. LMAO thanks for the laugh Oz.
Plenty of infantry only games out there if you can't handle vehicules. OMG I am still laughing.
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6690|Disaster Free Zone

Smackin_U wrote:

Paco_the_Insane wrote:

I like that idea.  I think it would really improve the teamwork aspect of the game.  +1 for U
It would also just encourage.
"move here"
"roger that"
"move here"
"roger that"
"move here"
"roger that"
"move here"
"roger that".... you get my point?

To the original poster, I think its been covered, Most of the time your team is shit and cant follow orders or just wont because it takes them away form whoreing points instead of doing somthing for the good of the team. Good idea in therory, It just wouldnt work unless you had 2 very organised clans that worked extremly well together.'

Stubbee wrote:

AllmightyOz wrote:

Took me a week to recover from laughing so hard at the irony of this rant.

I seem to recall that BF2 is a combined arms game until enough people bitched about air/armor/chopper that they completely changed the game by adding INFANTRY only servers. LMAO thanks for the laugh Oz.
Plenty of infantry only games out there if you can't handle vehicules. OMG I am still laughing.
QFE +1 ahahaha

Last edited by DrunkFace (2006-08-01 09:42:05)

ATG
Banned
+5,233|6538|Global Command
I think all this flamming is completely over the top.
I agree there needs to be more of a stick and carrot for commanders to command and squadies to follow.
Why would so many viciously attack a guy for posting an idea to perhaps improve the game. Just because Dice has had some issues with the patches ( I honestly haven't had ANY of the problems everybodies whinning about with the newest patch ) doesn't mean evolution of the game should stop.
     bf2 remains a popular game because of the ongoing changes via patches and expansion packs, imop. I've been waiting for over a year for a new  game to override my interest and it hasn't happened. Maybe thats why I spend more time here than in game.
     Games I've boughten and lost interest in before finishing this year;
Brothers in Arms 2
Call of Duty 2
Postal Appopolictic Weekend
Hitman
Farcry

And besides, you all are too busy pile driving the flames into the authors butt to listen to what he's saying. Shame on you.
137twozerosniper
+57|6573|UK

rambo_killin_SOB wrote:

thats the shitiest idea ever
great minds think alike

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard