majorassult
I <3 ak101
+307|6670|under there hayousaidunderwear
I think it looks really cool and I think that they actually spent time on it.  But, it will end with just like BF2 if they take the same actions as BF2

1) They need to let the community write a ROE or vote on various ROEs
2) They need to be EXTREMELY strict enforcing the rules
                       ex.  If you are caught glitching you get a 1 month ip ban (can they do that?)
3) Stat padders and hackers should just get an ip ban with no warning

I really don't care if someone stat pads but I think that if EA were strict on this it would make the game more serious and fun

Also, they need to allow the community vote for a new ranked map.  There are TONS of map builders out there that don't get any credit.  If enough people want a map EA/DICE should put it into the game as a ranked map so we would get the best variety of maps.

Patches....I hope that they only patch to add new things such as a new map....DICE please try to code it correctly the first time so that we don't just buy the game to download patches.

Well, this is what I hope turns out with the new game.  I feel it has a lot of potential.

What do you guys think?
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6660
and a few of my suggetions:

-No major gameplay fixes more than a month after the initial release.
-your mapping idea is good. Like Valve did with HL2DM, I think we should let the community make maps and have them made official ranked maps if they're good and balanced.
-More should be coded instead of ROE'd. For instance, an option to allow baseraping or not. If it's on, attacking enemies' inside of their uncapturable base will result in a warning or kik.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
majorassult
I <3 ak101
Good point...mind if I eddit that into my post?

I think ill edit all the good ideas into my original post....is that ok with everyone?
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6575|Mountains of NC

ban sounds like a good idea but it would be up to the admins of the servers to report them and then EA and/ or BFROE to investigate and my guess is that if they found that person guilty they could only ban him from that server and not all servers since the guilty party did pay for his copy of 2142 and he could have legal ground for civil lawsuit against EA since there is not "actual law" only a written ROE

but its a good idea on the ban
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
gameaddict
+35|6687|let op drempels

SargeV1.4 wrote:

and a few of my suggetions:

-No major gameplay fixes more than a month after the initial release.
indeed so much BS if i say so myself
majorassult
I <3 ak101

SEREMAKER wrote:

ban sounds like a good idea but it would be up to the admins of the servers to report them and then EA and/ or BFROE to investigate and my guess is that if they found that person guilty they could only ban him from that server and not all servers since the guilty party did pay for his copy of 2142 and he could have legal ground for civil lawsuit against EA since there is not "actual law" only a written ROE

But when paying for the game they agreed to follow to the rules set by EA/DICE

So breaking these rules could result in a ban

And, they can still play offline with an ip ban so technically they are still getting what they paid for.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6575|Mountains of NC

majorassult wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

But when paying for the game they agreed to follow to the rules set by EA/DICE

So breaking these rules could result in a ban

And, they can still play offline with an ip ban so technically they are still getting what they paid for.
if they add the following on the back of the box "Upon purchase of Battlefield 2142 purchaser agrees to follow rules set fourth by EA/ROE, these rules will be strictly enforced and maintained"

the advertisement of this game is the "online capabilities " and if someone got banned they might have strong grounds on lawsuit against EA on denying him the full potional of the game he bought / when we bought the games we were under the assumption of the rules in the guide book and if they add the rules of the ROE to the guide book, then by all means EA could ban them from entering online

you have a good idea on the ban - EA would just have to let the purchaser know from the start "upon purchase" what the rules are so that EA could not get hit with negligence to inform him of set rules
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
majorassult
I <3 ak101
I actually think that it says that in the instruction packet that came with the game

I seem to have lost mine tho....if you have one look in the multiplayer section of the packet and read the fine print
Mabec
Re-Member-Me
+6|6839
i think EAch account should be connected to a certain cdkey..
majorassult
I <3 ak101
I think that each count has a certain hash....
ATC
+58|6751|...
I like it....
majorassult
I <3 ak101
Any body have anything to add?
Mouse315
Bash.org Junkie
+105|6527
I doubt they would have legal grounds for a lawsuit.

People get banned from WoW and Everquest, but they have no ability to sue.  There is no singleplayer in those games.  They still paid for them.
majorassult
I <3 ak101
That's why people don't hack in those games (I think) because they paid for the game and dont want to get it taken away from them.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6637|Washington, DC

Yeah about the ROE, just let people govern themselves. worry about your own stats thats it. Video games aren't supposed to be police states. I shouldn't have to worry about Agent Indian, err, Smith while flying a jet.

EDIT: Don't allow glitching or hacking

Last edited by ExecutionerStyle (2006-07-28 08:56:32)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard