MoChief
+67|6609
I love America too. 

I just don't think it's infallible.  I think many of us Americans have forgotten that.  Questioning authority will help.
|AIA| DAS
+23|6504|Me Dad's Wilkins

Bubbalo wrote:

But he is not more generous, merely more able.  And if you want to argue effect, then you throw intent arguments out the window, meaning that many of your actions are wrong.
I never argued intent, I stated fact, the American people gave more money than any other country's people.  It's the economy... Deal with it.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6568
Sure, but to say that makes you more generous is wrong.
|AIA| DAS

Bubbalo wrote:

Never said that, Said "GiVES MORE MONEY"
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6568
Which is a stupid, irrelevant thing to say.
Smaug
This space for rent
+117|6584|Arlen, Texas

SharkyMcshark wrote:

-=NHB=- Bananahands wrote:

If there is ever a disaster who is there to help first? Thats right, America.
Funny how you all seem to forget the disaster that was Hurricane Katrina (both in terms of being a natural disaster, but also the aid effort)

Now ill just hide under something and wait for all of your patriotic crap about how the government did all it could shall I?
We help others better than we help ourselves....
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6672|NT, like Mick Dundee

Just wanted a credible source that says the US of A can lay claim to the person that "invented" the internet. I always thought it was a British dude working at CERN labs who came up with the concept.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6656

|AIA| DAS wrote:

pX|SithLord wrote:

redhawk454 wrote:

I decided to put this post up because I am sick and tired of people from other nations putting myself and other Americans down. 1: America invented the internet, remember this the next time you feel America sux. .
wrong, look at:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Berners-Lee
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CERN
READ BEFORE POSTING

This horse is dead!!!!
I don't know if you realised this, but most people can't be bothered to read the rest of the shit/flaming in this thread, and so respond to the original post.
|AIA| DAS

ghettoperson wrote:

|AIA| DAS wrote:

READ BEFORE POSTING

This horse is dead!!!!
I don't know if you realised this, but most people can't be bothered to read the rest of the shit/flaming in this thread, and so respond to the original post.
No one else is paying attention to the original post, which was post what you love about America.  So step off my nutz...
jonsimon
+224|6502
What I love about America is the land and the cities and (most of) the people. But these pros are increasingly outweighed by the cons of corporations and beureaucracies.
|AIA| DAS

Bubbalo aka Mr. Irrelevant wrote:

Which is a stupid, irrelevant thing to say.
Shadow893
lel
+75|6699|England

redhawk454 wrote:

1: America invented the internet, remember this the next time you feel America sux.
First and foremost, the Americans did not invent the internet. The British did. A noble man called Tim Berners-LEE. See for yourself.

Stick that in your American pipe and smoke it.
Shadow893
lel
+75|6699|England

|AIA| DAS wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

|AIA| DAS wrote:

READ BEFORE POSTING

This horse is dead!!!!
No one else is paying attention to the original post, which was post what you love about America.  So step off my nutz...
Shit, too late. Just posted the same thing.
|AIA| DAS

Shadow893 wrote:

|AIA| DAS wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

Shit, too late. Just posted the same thing.
The statement said, BTW, "invented the internet" Not the world wide web.

Read...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet
semerkhet83
+1|6507|Four Marks, UK
erm, sry for geting the taxation without representation bit wrong, secondly, petrol (gas) is currently about £1 per litre in the uk ($1.80 a ltr), mind u, 60% of that is tax.

oh, and with the whole who's countrys best, im just gonna say our planet kicks arse...or at least it would if we had something to compare it too....
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6773|UK

|AIA| DAS wrote:

Vilham wrote:

|AIA| DAS wrote:

O'RLY?

This is what you said...."We donated more than you"

Since when is it what 'your country' of residence does is  the only thing that matters?  The American people are the most generous people on the planet.  Find evidence to dispute that M8!  G'Day...
did you read that link on the first page, americans donate pretty much the least % wise of their money to other countries and that is what matters. How much of your money you are willing to give to others, that percentage not actually money.
Since when does a percentage mean fuckall?  So if Americans are successful, that is there fault, what about non American citizens living in America, i.e. resident aliens.  Do you think money given by us falls under our homeland's flag?  No, it doesn't.  If you don't like it get yourself a booming economy.  I've lived all over this planet and the USA is the greatest country on the planet, for freedoms and liberties, and capitalism.  I'm even considering dual citizenship.
Is it me or are you a moron?? The whole point the percentage is based on your population, England with a much smaller population than America donates about the same amount as America, thus the money we donate per person is more than America. It has nothing to do with how successful a country is.

As has been said previously Americans arent as generous as other countries, so how does that make you great?

I dont call selfish bastards great... not saying that you are selfish bastards but you get what i mean.

Last edited by Vilham (2006-07-29 09:46:42)

Major_Spittle
Banned
+276|6662|United States of America

|AIA| DAS wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

Never said that, Said "GiVES MORE MONEY"
Are you suggesting that Coconuts migrate?
|AIA| DAS

Vilham wrote:

|AIA| DAS wrote:

Vilham wrote:

did you read that link on the first page, americans donate pretty much the least % wise of their money to other countries and that is what matters. How much of your money you are willing to give to others, that percentage not actually money.
Since when does a percentage mean fuckall?  So if Americans are successful, that is there fault, what about non American citizens living in America, i.e. resident aliens.  Do you think money given by us falls under our homeland's flag?  No, it doesn't.  If you don't like it get yourself a booming economy.  I've lived all over this planet and the USA is the greatest country on the planet, for freedoms and liberties, and capitalism.  I'm even considering dual citizenship.
Is it me or are you a moron?? The whole point the percentage is based on your population, England with a much smaller population than America donates about the same amount as America, thus the money we donate per person is more than America. It has nothing to do with how successful a country is.

As has been said previously Americans arent as generous as other countries, so how does that make you great?

I dont call selfish bastards great... not saying that you are selfish bastards but you get what i mean.
No it's definately you...  This is a, What you love about America, thread.  You and your other jealous of Americans, friends  can bugger off, Tosser!!
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6568
Oh, I get it, so because you don't like to hear criticism of America we should bugger off?  Well I'm afraid this is the big boys playground, and sometimes you're going to hear things you don't like.  Deal with it.
First_and_Only
+4|6583|ON, Canada
hmmm every time i see a thread like this its like people just wanna start shit,
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6608|132 and Bush

Shadow893 wrote:

redhawk454 wrote:

1: America invented the internet, remember this the next time you feel America sux.
First and foremost, the Americans did not invent the internet. The British did. A noble man called Tim Berners-LEE. See for yourself.

Stick that in your American pipe and smoke it.
You dou realize who ultimately has control over the internet right?

http://news.zdnet.co.uk/internet/0,3902 … 613,00.htm

Luckily the GLOBAL COMMUNITY want's to keep the control where it is.

http://www.mensnewsdaily.com/archive/u- … 110905.htm

Last edited by Kmarion (2006-07-30 04:24:55)

Xbone Stormsurgezz
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6568
Uh, no.  The US doesn't have control over the internet.  Early on they did, but no more.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6608|132 and Bush

Bubbalo wrote:

Uh, no.  The US doesn't have control over the internet.  Early on they did, but no more.
I thought it is the intellectual property of the United States Government

What I know off the top of my head is the recently there was a push for members in the UN to have the US hand control over to an international org. . From what I remember it did not happen. I am going off my memory so I guess I will have to research.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6608|132 and Bush

Bubbalo wrote:

The Internet is currently run by a non-governmental organization called the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN), established by the United States in 1998 to take over activities that had been performed for 30 years by professor Jon Postel in California.

ICANN manages the current domain-registration system, which means it decides who gets Web addresses ending in ".com," ".net," or ".info," as well as which governmental entities operate national country-code suffixes, such as ".uk" for Great Britain.

ICANN also runs the up-to-12-digit Internet Protocol (IP) numbers that every computer needs to have in order to be recognized by others on the Internet. Since only about 4 billion IP numbers can currently be accommodated, it has to make sure there's no duplication.

http://www.foreignpolicy.com/story/cms. … ry_id=3306

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,175096,00.html
watch the video

http://news.com.com/Will+the+U.N.+run+t … 80157.html
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4435352.stm
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6568
I thought you meant in terms of content.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard