Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6854
post soon to be closed by intolerant, non progressive tyrant on power trip
Major_Spittle
Banned
+276|6672|United States of America
OK, I have to pipe in on the WWII BS in this forum. 

#1  The US was not attacked by the Nazis, sure a few ships going to England with supplies, but the US was not attacked.

#2  How much help did Europe give the US when attacked by Japan??? 

#3 For some Reason the US spent a lot of money fighting a battle that wasn't theirs in Europe.  The US suffered greatly and lost many people fighting someone else's battle.  Then the US spent Millions rebuilding the countries after the war, and Billions in protecting Europe from the USSR through the end of the last century. 

#4 How many times in History has a Country sacrificed so much to Protect other countries that don't even border their own???  Especially when it wasn't even their fight???  That is what makes America's actions so special and why Americans get so upset by governments in Europe taking cheap shots at the US and US policies while hiding behind Americas Military.

#5  How sure are people that Hitler would have been defeated without the US supporting the war against him?  How sure are people that Stalin would not have marched right through Europe if the US wasn't there to deter him at the end of WWII and during the Cold War?  How long and how much peace would have Europe seen from 1945-Now if US troops and world policies to protect Europe were not in place the last 60 years?

#6  The American people have paid a great price fiscally and in human cost the last century to help Europe and the world enjoy a relatively peaceful/prosperous era.  Maybe people should think about that before equating the US to the radical terrorist regimes and dictators it fights.  It defies logic how some people cannot see evil even when it is right in front of you and openly tells you its evil beliefs and intentions. (yes, just look at the things Saddam, Kim Ill, Arafat, and Wacky Iranian leader have said)  Now why should the world appease these evil threats, let them grow stronger, and wait for them to get in the first (and maybe last) strike against innocent countries/people???

#7  Ann Coulter is hot and has nothing to do with the topic.
comet241
+164|6782|Normal, IL
I like that a lot of people use an open forum to discus the good of something instead come to bash that very thing..... maybe they should get some lives???

Can't we all agree that every single country in the world (and not to mince words here, I mean EVERY SINGLE FUCKING COUNTRY IN THE WORLD!) has done some good things and some bad things in their history. Every last fucking one of them. Russia, Poland, UK, France, Brazil, Spain, Italy, Australia, Zimbabwae, Japan, Switzerland, and yes, even the US..... Why is the US the focal point of most of the anger? because, as much as other people may not want to admit it, the US is the most powerful, rich, and influential country in the world. But nobody is perfect. The US has done a shit-ton (look it up, it's metric) of good in the world, and a lot of it gets overlooked by a few angry people who only want to point out the bad. I dont listen to those people. I laugh at their ignorance.

Maybe, just maybe, if we all focused on the good that everyone does, maybe everyone would be a little more positive. and from positive feelings comes positive actions..... or you could all just wallow in your own self pity and ignorance for the rest of your lives. the latter is the likey answer, but we all can dream, can't we?
redhawk454
+50|6565|Divided States of America

delta4bravo*nl* wrote:

redhawk454 wrote:

I decided to put this post up because I am sick and tired of people from other nations putting myself and other Americans down. 1: America invented the internet, remember this the next time you feel America sux. 2: America is the home to Microsoft(ok bad example) but for most of the people who play BF2, that includes windows. 3 America bailed England and France out during WWII(plz dispute). I guess most of the other nations were fans of Adolf Hitler, he wanted complete gun control, so his subject couldn't resist, (he wasnt much different than Saddam Hussein). Oh I am sorry that was supposed to be about WMD's actually it was about human rights. Then again America entered WWII because Japan bombed Pearl Harbor, what did that have to do with the Nazi's and Europe? Ok Japan and Germany And Italy were the Axis powers. Still only Japan attacked us so why did we care if some other country was being controlled against their will? Because this is America. Afghanistan held Osama Bin Ladin. Saddam Hussein was no different than Adolph Hitler. No matter what I put here, there will be but this, but that, but its. I Invite other PATRIOTIC Americans to put their 2Bits worth in here. Just because its about time we told the world WTF.
your a tipical american REDNECK.
Have you ever been outside the US yourself?
I have been to the states about 20 times , I like the country for travel it is beautifull.... but after a while the people get to me (exceptions there) so ingnorant on the real world outside the us.
I rest my case, this guy thinks im a redneck because I post a pro America forum.
redhawk454

Schlusi=[GER] wrote:

Hi folks,

well done! I like patriotism and I wish that just some of my fellow countrymen have the same proud of their nation like the US guys! But...

Ok, "your" Billy Gates gave us windows and so on, thx for that! And also thx for the Internet! But I think the americans have a lot other to be more proud of!

btw, Germany is "the inventor Nation" plainly! What´s up with cars, phone, television, rockets (no Armstrong without Wernher von Braun!), aspirin, washing machines, BEER, letterpress, the computer himself, screw anchors, the bulb, jeans! (Levi Strauss is a german!), the refrigerator... and so on!

U see we should be a proud nation, but we are the stupid fucked up Germans who lost two WW... so they know us in the world. I med some US guys while the Soocer world championship in Cologne. And they were so suprised about the Germans and the country... U amaricans should be proud of ur nation like I am of my country!

America is a great Country! And I wish I had that money to travel right through it (poor student).
I don´t care about some stupit guys there... George Bush is not America himself!

thx for reading!
you are absolutly right. I am part german myself. america is also called the great melting pot. If the other countries were so great why did some of the greatest mind leave to some here? Why did anyone come here?
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6715

Bubbalo wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humanitari … _of_Donors

A reasonably accurate summary.
'Twas only a matter of time.
redhawk454

[RU]Grmbl wrote:

venom6 wrote:

OIL = Money,Power...and thats in Iraq
Yep.

Oh, by the way, we may add new item now to the list of USA "helping" other countries: aiding Israel in bombing shit out of Lebanese civilians.
why didnt the lebanese government get rid of hizbolla? I am sure they wanted them there. By the way how many American civilians died on Sept. 11?
redhawk454

PekkaA wrote:

redhawk454 wrote:

mavrick 3399 wrote:

redhawk you do know that most pilots flying for the RAF in WW2 were British and polish not mostly american which is what you seem to think.
I didnt say that they were mostly any country. I said that our pilots were flying for the RAF, before we were officially in the war. next time read the post.
They were pilots who volunteered to war. Not ordered by your government. What I'm trying to point is, that the credits should go to those pilots. I don't think they did it thinking that some american could polish his shield 60 years later.
even he agrees that Americans didnt have to be in WWII before we officially entered.
redhawk454

Spark wrote:

I decided to put this post up because I am sick and tired of people from other nations putting myself and other Americans down.
Alright then, let's see what you got.

1: America invented the internet, remember this the next time you feel America sux.
Not a great start. The internet was invented by the military - but it wasn't so much an internet (as we know today) as a very big LAN network. The WORLD WIDE WEB (which includes, websites and email) was invented by Tim-Berners Lee and CERN who are EUROPEANS.
2: America is the home to Microsoft(ok bad example) but for most of the people who play BF2, that includes windows.
Your point being...?
3 America bailed England and France out during WWII(plz dispute). I guess most of the other nations were fans of Adolf Hitler, he wanted complete gun control, so his subject couldn't resist, (he wasnt much different than Saddam Hussein). Oh I am sorry that was supposed to be about WMD's actually it was about human rights. Then again America entered WWII because Japan bombed Pearl Harbor, what did that have to do with the Nazi's and Europe? Ok Japan and Germany And Italy were the Axis powers. Still only Japan attacked us so why did we care if some other country was being controlled against their will? Because this is America. Afghanistan held Osama Bin Ladin. Saddam Hussein was no different than Adolph Hitler. No matter what I put here, there will be but this, but that, but its.
Interestingly enough, he also wanted smoking banned and his Nazi scientists were the first to prove that smoking causes cancer. Funny old world, innit?

[b]Well, erm, it generally helps to help your ally. That's why you HAVE allies in the first place. The collapse of Europe as an US ally would have had catastrophic results for its economy. I'll leave the rest of that post, I simply can't link that with the rest of what... well... anyone's said, really.
I Invite other PATRIOTIC Americans to put their 2Bits worth in here. Just because its about time we told the world WTF.
What's the point of putting this in here? It's like having a door which slides having a PUSH sign on it.
funny how American colleges are being called military now. and the one english guy in the whole operation you placed there helped with HTTP. The Internet was originally for colleges on the east coast to comunicate with the west coast and vice versa.  no matter how you put it. WAIT A MINUTE didnt an American build this website. remember that the next time you want to bash America. No matter I think BF2s should be shut down, at least the forums anyway. They should just change it to America Bashinhg.
mavrick 3399
EA GAMES PATCH EVERYTHING
+102|6559|Doncaster UK

Major_Spittle wrote:

#1  The US was not attacked by the Nazis, sure a few ships going to England with supplies, but the US was not attacked.

1. as it has already been mentioned in this thread it was a WORLD war!! how do you know Hitler was going to stop with Europe he could then attacked the GREAT USA.

2. Europe was on the fucking front lines fighting the other countries in the axis of evil. i mean OK we have an under strength RAF with mostly polish pilots (because we weren't ready for war) trying there best to fight over Europe and you get pissed off that we dint send any to japan?????

also wasn't pearl harbor the day the USA officially joined the war!! so were the fuck was all the help from the USA before that???? oh thats right supplies and weapons and stuff (which Europe had to fucking pay for)

always there to make a quick buck...
HURLEY
Ima Crunchatize you.
+170|6700|The Lou

venom6 wrote:

2.America didnt inveted anything...all the inventors come from other EUROPEAN countrys like from Hungary.
Ede Teller the father from the atomic bomb was also Hungarian and escaped to USA because or WW2.
USA was a safe place and they gave the inventors the opportunitie to invent something.people dont know that a simply ball pen was also invented by a Hungarian...and i could continue the long list.

dude, you do realize that America is made of all other countries and put together? you can say that nothing was invented in America because so and so was originally from here!
rh27
Not really a Brit
+51|6614|England
What I really hate is excessive patriotism, why are so many people so adamant their country is perfect and better than everyone elses.

As has been posted countless times, every country has some good and bad. It's okay to be proud of the good things your country has done, but you also have to recognise your country has faults and is no better than anyone elses'.

Also, the reason America is so frequently bashed is yes, it does indoctrinate its' citizens. You can see that quite clearly when you're outside the US and visit it. In fact, you don't even have to visit America, those most badly brainwashed are super-vocal and appear all over the internet.

I'm not saying every American is brainwashed, but their government is impressively efficient in subtle censorship through media. I'm sure at least half of non-Americans could agree with me here.

In short, everyone stop bragging about your countries. No one chooses where to be born, just be happy for your country's achievements and respect the achievements of other individuals/countries as a whole.
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6810

redhawk454 wrote:

Spark wrote:

I decided to put this post up because I am sick and tired of people from other nations putting myself and other Americans down.
Alright then, let's see what you got.

1: America invented the internet, remember this the next time you feel America sux.
Not a great start. The internet was invented by the military - but it wasn't so much an internet (as we know today) as a very big LAN network. The WORLD WIDE WEB (which includes, websites and email) was invented by Tim-Berners Lee and CERN who are EUROPEANS.
2: America is the home to Microsoft(ok bad example) but for most of the people who play BF2, that includes windows.
Your point being...?
3 America bailed England and France out during WWII(plz dispute). I guess most of the other nations were fans of Adolf Hitler, he wanted complete gun control, so his subject couldn't resist, (he wasnt much different than Saddam Hussein). Oh I am sorry that was supposed to be about WMD's actually it was about human rights. Then again America entered WWII because Japan bombed Pearl Harbor, what did that have to do with the Nazi's and Europe? Ok Japan and Germany And Italy were the Axis powers. Still only Japan attacked us so why did we care if some other country was being controlled against their will? Because this is America. Afghanistan held Osama Bin Ladin. Saddam Hussein was no different than Adolph Hitler. No matter what I put here, there will be but this, but that, but its.
Interestingly enough, he also wanted smoking banned and his Nazi scientists were the first to prove that smoking causes cancer. Funny old world, innit?

[b]Well, erm, it generally helps to help your ally. That's why you HAVE allies in the first place. The collapse of Europe as an US ally would have had catastrophic results for its economy. I'll leave the rest of that post, I simply can't link that with the rest of what... well... anyone's said, really.
I Invite other PATRIOTIC Americans to put their 2Bits worth in here. Just because its about time we told the world WTF.
What's the point of putting this in here? It's like having a door which slides having a PUSH sign on it.
funny how American colleges are being called military now. and the one english guy in the whole operation you placed there helped with HTTP. The Internet was originally for colleges on the east coast to comunicate with the west coast and vice versa.  no matter how you put it. WAIT A MINUTE didnt an American build this website. remember that the next time you want to bash America. No matter I think BF2s should be shut down, at least the forums anyway. They should just change it to America Bashinhg.
Maybe if you all stop saying "we're the greatest, worship us" we wouldn't bash you.
redhawk454
I have been reading the posts here. If anyone wants to go back and read all this is a pissing match. I started this post to make people aware that America is not all bad. We are not perfect either. Who is? Australia was orginally a penal colony. I was all criminals, on the other side of that Australia is an awesome nation. Granted England did start the colony that is now America, but contrary to what one poster said we kicked the british out for TAXATION WITHOUT REPRESENTATION, not just because we were being taxed. I have been to England, France, Germany, Spain, and a few Arab nations. Each nation is unique. After visiting each nation I asked myself, why would I want to live here? I wouldn't, no nation enjoys the freedoms we Americans take for granted. I'm finished here now the jackals can tear it apart.
[FB]Eraser
Back in battle after 3-year break
+39|6738|Switzerland

redhawk454 wrote:

I agree with you, that it's unfair to put all americans together and say they're shitty. No question about it.

I do not regarding the internet. The internet was invented by the CERN in Geneva. It was IP, that was comin' from the US army and because they used a newer one, the old protocol could be used by CERN.

That's all...
|AIA| DAS
+23|6514|Me Dad's Wilkins

Bubbalo wrote:

redhawk454 wrote:

and just for the record what country are you from? also why wasnt the aid there faster?
Australia.  We donated more than you (of course, I still don't think we give anywhere near enough in international aid).

Also, this whole "stop bagging us we rock" thing has been done before, I believe.
Point of order, your government gave more, as your little chart points out.  As far as individual donations, the American people gave more than most nations combined.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6783|UK

Snackdaddy wrote:

elite wrote:

If im not mistaken....the american invented the internet but the english invented the world wide web (www)
Yea, you would be wrong.

source: wikipedia
Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) is a method used to transfer or convey information on the World Wide Web. It is a patented open internet protocol whose original purpose was to provide a way to publish and receive HTML pages.

source: IETF Website
The first IETF meeting was on January 16, 1986, consisting of 21 U.S.-government-funded researchers

Per the HTTP RFC

R. Fielding   
UC Irvine         University of Irvine (California)
J. Gettys
Compaq/W3C    Palo Alto, CA /  (W3C) has 415 Members (as of today)
J. Mogul   
Compaq            Palo Alto, CA
H. Frystyk
W3C/MIT            (W3C) has 415 Members (as of today) / cambridge, ma
L. Masinter
Xerox               Stamford, CT
P. Leach
Microsoft           Redmond, Wa
T. Berners-Lee
W3C/MIT            (W3C) has 415 Members (as of today) / cambridge, ma
June 1999
Lol http has nothing to do with www. moron, http is just a protocol.
|AIA| DAS
+23|6514|Me Dad's Wilkins

mavrick 3399 wrote:

Major_Spittle wrote:

1. as it has already been mentioned in this thread it was a WORLD war!! how do you know Hitler was going to stop with Europe he could then attacked the GREAT USA.

2. Europe was on the fucking front lines fighting the other countries in the axis of evil. i mean OK we have an under strength RAF with mostly polish pilots (because we weren't ready for war) trying there best to fight over Europe and you get pissed off that we dint send any to japan?????

also wasn't pearl harbor the day the USA officially joined the war!! so were the fuck was all the help from the USA before that???? oh thats right supplies and weapons and stuff (which Europe had to fucking pay for)

always there to make a quick buck...
What are you on about?  Don't they teach history down in 'Guffland'?  It was called the Lend-Lease act, Britain was flat broke on the verge of bankruptcy.  Now, if it was to make a "quick buck", then those were not very good odds of repayment.  Do some reading before you post.  When the US declared war on Japan after Pearl Harbor, two days later, because of the alliance made with Japan, Germany declared war on the US.
PFCStenzel
Check your AA alarm...
+82|6811|Idaho, USA / Age 30
OK, Everyone that posted here is right in some way.   Now that the Horse is dead can we close this thread.   MODS, please close the thread.
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6662

buttersIRL wrote:

yeah america is great, but in that case you could say whatever cavedude who invented the wheel or dicovered fire is responsible for every advance since then.  and remember back in 4000 BC when cave number 7 was being invaded by cave 9 but then cave 6 came to the rescue,

basically in a 100 years some other country will be doing some other shit that no-one approves off.
lol so funny but so true lol
Capt. Foley
+155|6605|Allentown, PA, USA

redhawk454 wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

and just for the record what country are you from? also why wasnt the aid there faster?
The guy is from Australia and hates EVERYTHING America dose. Just ignore him ok, best thing to do.
Shem
sɥǝɯ
+152|6544|London (At Heart)

All I really can be bothered to reply is:

Lol America.
comet241
+164|6782|Normal, IL

delta4bravo*nl* wrote:

redhawk454 wrote:

I decided to put this post up because I am sick and tired of people from other nations putting myself and other Americans down. 1: America invented the internet, remember this the next time you feel America sux. 2: America is the home to Microsoft(ok bad example) but for most of the people who play BF2, that includes windows. 3 America bailed England and France out during WWII(plz dispute). I guess most of the other nations were fans of Adolf Hitler, he wanted complete gun control, so his subject couldn't resist, (he wasnt much different than Saddam Hussein). Oh I am sorry that was supposed to be about WMD's actually it was about human rights. Then again America entered WWII because Japan bombed Pearl Harbor, what did that have to do with the Nazi's and Europe? Ok Japan and Germany And Italy were the Axis powers. Still only Japan attacked us so why did we care if some other country was being controlled against their will? Because this is America. Afghanistan held Osama Bin Ladin. Saddam Hussein was no different than Adolph Hitler. No matter what I put here, there will be but this, but that, but its. I Invite other PATRIOTIC Americans to put their 2Bits worth in here. Just because its about time we told the world WTF.
your a tipical american REDNECK.
Have you ever been outside the US yourself?
I have been to the states about 20 times , I like the country for travel it is beautifull.... but after a while the people get to me (exceptions there) so ingnorant on the real world outside the us.
I like your comment, and i read into it to believe that you feel everyone who is american and patriotic is a redneck. Funny. I have an American flag tattooed on my back, consider myself very patriotic.... but I am far from a redneck myself. So far from it I wont even begin to explain.

Ive been to your country too. twice. beautiful, yes. but guess what? the people get to me there too.... there are idiots EVERYWHERE!!!!!! whether here in America or anywhere else, there are people that will always get to you (and just to point out, ive yet to be to a place that doesn't have some beauty in it, so everyone at least has that). We're not rednecks because we are patriotic, we are simply patriotic. Id imagine that if the two tallest buildings in your country were reduced to rubble and thousands killed simply because someone didn't like you, you may be a little more patriotic too and a little more defensive of what people say about your country too..... There are many sides to every issue, i suggest looking at more than one.
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6810

Capt. Foley wrote:

redhawk454 wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

The guy is from Australia and hates EVERYTHING America dose. Just ignore him ok, best thing to do.
The first part is right, the second I think is wrong.  I know I should really let the guy speak for himself but the way I see it, Bubbalo some specific things America is doing right now as being wrong and that Americans generally have a misguided notion that they are the best people in the world at everything.

Personally, I like some things America does, notably things that private individuals do - donating lots of money towards international disaster funds, creating fora in which we can express ourselves, etc. - and a lot of what American businesses do but when it comes to the US government's activities, I don't like much of that at all.  For example unfair trade practices, invasions leading to regime change, kidnapping and torture,  that sort of thing.

Bubbalo, if I've got you wrong, please correct me.
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6567|Southeastern USA

Bubbalo wrote:

How about not employing Nazis?  Taking on the Japanese single handed, as well as holding El Alamein?  Or creating a gun which comes with a coded ring, so that unauthorised users can't fire?

Regardless, it's irrelevant.
hmmm.....australia is irrelevant, interesting

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard