|AIA| DAS
+23|6557|Me Dad's Wilkins

uk-anubis-uk wrote:

O yeah and i remember now America only came and helped in the War because YOU got attacked by Japan!!!!!!!
Smoke another bowl, and simmer down.
Read this, learn something
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lend-Lease
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6660|132 and Bush

uk-anubis-uk wrote:

America started the Slave Trade!!!!
Please , let me ask you about serfdom and your history. This sounds pretty close to a slave to me.

A serf could not leave the land without the landlords permission, nor could he marry off his daughters unless the lord allowed it. Perhaps worst of all, serfs could not petition the courts for relief from abuse they might receive from their lord. Serfs had to give a large chunk of their crop to the overlord, contribute free labor and pay fees for a long list of items.

Last edited by Kmarion (2006-08-03 11:39:54)

Xbone Stormsurgezz
jonsimon
+224|6555

Kmarion wrote:

uk-anubis-uk wrote:

Please , let me ask you about serfdom and your history. This sounds pretty close to a slave to me.

A serf could not leave the land without the landlords permission, nor could he marry off his daughters unless the lord allowed it. Perhaps worst of all, serfs could not petition the courts for relief from abuse they might receive from their lord. Serfs had to give a large chunk of their crop to the overlord, contribute free labor and pay fees for a long list of items.
Technically thats only indentured servitude.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6660|132 and Bush

jonsimon wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

uk-anubis-uk wrote:

Uh yea sure, whatever you wan't to call it.

And what is the techinical term for this.
1381 Peasants Revolt, South East England, 50,100,000 rise, 1500 are executed by crown.

Last edited by Kmarion (2006-08-03 11:48:02)

Xbone Stormsurgezz
-=CB=-krazykarl
not always PWD, but usually.
+95|6596|Carlsbad, CA, USA

uk-anubis-uk wrote:

thier own tribal leaders sold their people into slavery, so technically, the africans started the slave trade!!!!
shhhh.........(but the europeans had slaves first)
EVieira
+105|6538|Lutenblaag, Molvania
America started the slave trade, wtf??? Slave trading existed long before America existed, maybe even before recorded history. Egyptians sold Nubian slaves, Romans sold slaves of all sorts, and just about any other empire in history has enslaved and sold slaves.

And serfdom, indentured servants and slavery are all quite different, get your facts straight. They are all hardships, but are different.
"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered;  the point is to discover them."
Galileo Galilei  (1564-1642)
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6660|132 and Bush

EVieira wrote:

America started the slave trade, wtf??? Slave trading existed long before America existed, maybe even before recorded history. Egyptians sold Nubian slaves, Romans sold slaves of all sorts, and just about any other empire in history has enslaved and sold slaves.
It was pretty funny hearing it tho..lol
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6826|UK

Kmarion wrote:

jonsimon wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Uh yea sure, whatever you wan't to call it.

And what is the techinical term for this.
1381 Peasants Revolt, South East England, 50,100,000 rise, 1500 are executed by crown.
lol i think your figuers are wrong, i some how doubt england had 50 million ppl in 1381 seeing as we only have 64 million in our country now. If england had 50 million back then i can tell you that we would have conquered even more of the world.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6826|UK

EVieira wrote:

And serfdom, indentured servants and slavery are all quite different, get your facts straight. They are all hardships, but are different.
lol exactly right, that other guy is an idiot, i think maybe he means Americans gave slaves freedom last, but im not entirely sure that is true either, i dont know much about the slave trade.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6660|132 and Bush

Vilham wrote:

lol i think your figuers are wrong, i some how doubt england had 50 million ppl in 1381 seeing as we only have 64 million in our country now. If england had 50 million back then i can tell you that we would have conquered even more of the world.
lol.. wow I'd say so

http://www.lonympics.co.uk/slavery.htm
Is the link .
But you get the point.

I think it's closer to 20,000 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wat_Tyler
but still 1,500 of their followers, they were hanged without trial

Last edited by Kmarion (2006-08-03 13:21:30)

Xbone Stormsurgezz
TimBob
+15|6713
I dont think Americans invented the Internet - i think a Russian Physisicist did
EVieira

|AIA| DAS wrote:

Here is a question for you.  We both know where Honda and Toyota started, but if they buid cars in the US with a parts content of 75% US parts or better... Doesn't that technically make it a American car?
Nope. Sorry man, you worked for 14 years making Japanese cars. It doesn't matter if the raw materials are 100% American, you are assembling a Japanese car. In another words, the Japanes are selling back to you your own parts, assembled in a car, with a hefty profit. But hey, thats globalization for ya!
"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered;  the point is to discover them."
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6826|UK

EVieira wrote:

|AIA| DAS wrote:

Here is a question for you.  We both know where Honda and Toyota started, but if they buid cars in the US with a parts content of 75% US parts or better... Doesn't that technically make it a American car?
Nope. Sorry man, you worked for 14 years making Japanese cars. It doesn't matter if the raw materials are 100% American, you are assembling a Japanese car. In another words, the Japanes are selling back to you your own parts, assembled in a car, with a hefty profit. But hey, thats globalization for ya!
This guy is right, the Japanese designed the car that is the crucial point, without the design there is no car!
|AIA| DAS

Vilham wrote:

EVieira wrote:

|AIA| DAS wrote:

This guy is right, the Japanese designed the car that is the crucial point, without the design there is no car!
The majority of these cars are designed by engineers for American Honda Motors in Torrence California...At this point the only thing on the car still designed in Japan is the Logo...
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6826|UK

|AIA| DAS wrote:

Vilham wrote:

EVieira wrote:

The majority of these cars are designed by engineers for American Honda Motors in Torrence California...At this point the only thing on the car still designed in Japan is the Logo...
Well thats good to know however back to the original point... Honda arent even a great car make anyway, i can think of atleast 10 betters.
|AIA| DAS

Vilham wrote:

|AIA| DAS wrote:

Vilham wrote:

Well thats good to know however back to the original point... Honda arent even a great car make anyway, i can think of atleast 10 betters.
Well Ok, now you're just pissin on my shoes...The best selling (Consumer Owned) car in America is the Honda Accord.  The best selling car (overall Sales) is a Toyota Camry.
EVieira

|AIA| DAS wrote:

Vilham wrote:

That shows the Japs are smart, they use their cash to buy the best engineers America has to design cars for them, at their american subsidiary. But in the end, its a Japanese car designed by Americans. And they sure do a great job, I won't trade my Civic nothing except a newer one. And mine was imported from the US.

Last edited by EVieira (2006-08-04 10:03:58)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6660|132 and Bush

Jeeps and Harley's
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6826|UK

|AIA| DAS wrote:

Vilham wrote:

|AIA| DAS wrote:

Well Ok, now you're just pissin on my shoes...The best selling (Consumer Owned) car in America is the Honda Accord.  The best selling car (overall Sales) is a Toyota Camry.
Im not talking about sales, im talking about GOOD cars. A cheaper car will always have more sales than an expensive one, however that doesnt make it a better car. Thats like saying a Beatle is better than a DB9, which it clearly isn't.
jonsimon
+224|6555

Vilham wrote:

|AIA| DAS wrote:

Vilham wrote:

Im not talking about sales, im talking about GOOD cars. A cheaper car will always have more sales than an expensive one, however that doesnt make it a better car. Thats like saying a Beatle is better than a DB9, which it clearly isn't.
Hondas are amazing cars. Perhaps the best on the market. Only competition in quality I can think of would be toyota.

I understand that Honda has an american Branch, but they are still owned ultimately by Honda Motors and they are a Japenese make.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6621

Kmarion wrote:

But by the same token, they weren't property.  Their lords had a responsibility to protect them from harm, and provide them with necessities they could not obtain doing their duties (for example, in Russia the lords were responsible for supplying firewood).

I'm not saying that his statements were accurate in spirit, but your comparison is foolish.
|AIA| DAS

Vilham wrote:

|AIA| DAS wrote:

Vilham wrote:

I think you just reinforced my statement... The very definition of a good quality car is a testament to how long it lasts, i.e. how many miles, fewest repairs, etc.etc.  A Beatle is MUCH better than a DB9 when it comes to that...

Last edited by |AIA| DAS (2006-08-05 07:40:31)

Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6621
That depends.  A good racing car can die quick, because the company can afford to trade longevity for performance.
|AIA| DAS

Bubbalo wrote:

That depends.  A good racing car can die quick, because the company can afford to trade longevity for performance.
BREAKING
NEWSFLASH-----BUBBALO Has A Differing Opinion, And misses the point completely...

*Yawns*
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6826|UK

|AIA| DAS wrote:

Vilham wrote:

|AIA| DAS wrote:

I think you just reinforced my statement... The very definition of a good quality car is a testament to how long it lasts, i.e. how many miles, fewest repairs, etc.etc.  A Beatle is MUCH better than a DB9 when it comes to that...
Yes however that isnt performance, which is how a car is measured. Lets put it this way. You have 100,000 pounds and you can buy a car, the choice is the Beatle or a DB9. If you say you would buy the beatle you must be a fool.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard