Vampira_NB
Trying is the first step to failing
+76|6731|Canada Eh?

Presul wrote:

eagles1106 wrote:

actually it wouldnt change anything, do you know how easy a plane or helicopter can take out an apc in the water, wake would be pretty much the same.  The z10 or j10s would just own apcs, adding apcs would only give more kills to the defenders...
How would that be less effective then the RUBBER RAFTS that are there now?
The rubber rafts are fast moving, the APC in water crawl oh so slowly making it a prime target for a TV missile or even the regular rockets
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6622|Area 51

Vampira_NB wrote:

Presul wrote:

eagles1106 wrote:

actually it wouldnt change anything, do you know how easy a plane or helicopter can take out an apc in the water, wake would be pretty much the same.  The z10 or j10s would just own apcs, adding apcs would only give more kills to the defenders...
The rubber rafts are fast moving, the APC in water crawl oh so slowly making it a prime target for a TV missile or even the regular rockets
And the rubber boats now aren't easy targets as well? I mean in the J-10 u can see the water trail from a mile away, there easy to hit with the tv guided missle, even that, if u mis u can shoot the driver out,
Or instead of in the Carrier on wake, they make the arty island bigger, house it with 2 LAV's which can can be at land before the J-10 can get to them
bennisboy
+829|6703|Poundland
I swear the APCs in this game have no visible propulsion unit for the water, how'd they move :S
l41e
+677|6705

An AAVP7A1 would be nice, it has some kind of waterjet thing for moving in water.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6622|Area 51

bennisboy wrote:

I swear the APCs in this game have no visible propulsion unit for the water, how'd they move :S
They have, look at the Chinese APC, it has like 2 weird kind off properlor blades at the back..
Emil
Teh strogg!
+205|6536|Trondheim, Norway
would be even better on dalian and gulf of oman, cus there u get raped by apc's when got only carrier left!
mcfarmer.dk
+1|6542|Aalborg, Denmark

RDMC(2) wrote:

eagles1106 wrote:

Actually, u don't get the littel square/circle in the water when the apc is in the water
Why is that?
mcfarmer.dk
+1|6542|Aalborg, Denmark

midnitebassist wrote:

souljar wrote:

I say what about mini subs with two passenger seats , wey hey .
Dude, I would whore those things like nothing else.
why is it that so many guys would like to have something that small, you cant have a squad in it... make it to 7 people so that you can make more squad play
DSRTurtle
+56|6743

mcfarmer.dk wrote:

midnitebassist wrote:

souljar wrote:

I say what about mini subs with two passenger seats , wey hey .
Dude, I would whore those things like nothing else.
why is it that so many guys would like to have something that small, you cant have a squad in it... make it to 7 people so that you can make more squad play
2 squad leaders in one.  Once they get to shore the squads spawn on them.  12 guys at the airfield now.
Brasso
+1,549|6687

They would still get raped on Wake.  The only thing the USMC would have a chance with on Wake would be a pair of F-18s to combat the J-10s.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
defaultPlayerBF2MCSF
+4|6540|Pennsylvania, U.S.
On Wake Island in BF1942 the Japanese had an aircraft carrier where the current USS Essex is right now. The Japanese also had a destroyer spawn point near the beach flag instead of an artillery island. The USMC should also have a spawn point near the beach like in the previous Wake Island. Either adding a USMC destroyer or relocating the artillery island to in front of the beach would further balance the map instead of having all the USMC spawn points near each other.
As for LAV's under the USS Essex I believe it is a grand idea. On maps such as Gulf of Oman and Wake Island, replacing 2 of the 4 boats with APC's would better equip the USMC for making the journey to shore from the Essex.
RedTwizzler
I do it for the lulz.
+124|6594|Chicago

Dagriz wrote:

topthrill05 wrote:

I like the Idea.
starkingdoms
+6|6828

eagles1106 wrote:

it might also distract them for split seconds allowing friendly cobras and f35s a chance to get some breathing space.
~Smokey~
Steve Irwin Reincarnate
+396|6595|Internetfitlerland

As stated previously, the box does not form around the APC whilst its is in the water, so the J10's would more than likely have to make at least 1 pass to find the APC, before bombing.  Also without that handy little box, bombing accurately would be difficult.

Last edited by ~Smokey~ (2006-08-05 17:23:53)

Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6710

~Smokey~ wrote:

As stated previously, the box does not form around the APC whilst its is in the water, so the J10's would more than likely have to make at least 1 pass to find the APC, before bombing.  Also without that handy little box, bombing accurately would be difficult.
yup bombing APC's in water is a bitch compared to on land, first off you need to have geometry on high to be able to see it from far away enough, then you need to actually find the damn thing, and then you either need to slow down and gun it or try to predict where it's going and do a divebomb.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Paco_the_Insane
Phorum Phantom
+244|6702|Ohio
why dont they just put 2 TOWs on arty island to take down the tank and jeep campers, and let the AA and jets take care of the air, and maybe the ribs could get to the main island
Storgie
how about this thread for whiners
+15|6632|federal way washington
how about anti aircraft on rafts, or more fifties on it to give them for firepower, course that requires teamwork and if you have played bf2 you know its a free for all
AllmightyOz
+50|6543|United States - Ohio

Presul wrote:

eagles1106 wrote:

Not as fast, one big sitting duck with 5 ppl in it, waiting to be bombed/tv missled.
Windrider_Melb
Pwned so often there's an IPO.
+29|6562|Melbourne, Australia
How about just getting rid of the trees on Arty Island.

That would make the stinger emplacement way more effective against the J10s.

Meh. Whatever. I'm one of these dumbasses that think Wake Island 2007 is alright as it is.

Sure, sometimes it's a complete disaster for the US forces, but hey; it happens to everyone every now and again.

\\'
starkingdoms
+6|6828
i say just look at the number and if one side is losing even just 5% more than the other (like if the china team has won 753159 battles and usa has only won 715501 battles) then usa sides needs a boost somewher.
Everfalling
+0|6541
Anyone suggest yet that maybe if the players on the US team had a bit more practice they might not need to whine about needing an APC? and what if, just a thought, everyone played more and whined less?!?? think maybe that might make Wake a bit more fun?
hilltop2bit
+9|6633|Doctor Evils Lair, Near You!

topthrill05 wrote:

I like the Idea.
Me too Great idea and would definately mix up the gameplay somewhat...good call

Last edited by hilltop2bit (2006-08-05 21:42:09)

lavadisk
I am a cat ¦ 3
+369|6887|Denver colorado

Presul wrote:

eagles1106 wrote:

YES! i agree but unfortunatly its not going to happen.
HCSkorpio
Hind Secks
+8|6594|California
To make things really simple,  just move the spawnpoint from the arty island to a spawnpoint on the beach. 

That would make it so much easier.
maestrium
+13|6542|Arizona

HCSkorpio wrote:

To make things really simple,  just move the spawnpoint from the arty island to a spawnpoint on the beach. 

That would make it so much easier.
That would also defeat the whole purpose of the map. Something tells me you don't read the descriptions of the map.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard