Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6663|USA
I am not entirely sure if this has been posted. Im sure its here somewhere but searching for claymore topics is a joke on here. I can't read through all of those.

SO I was on Karkand this a.m. and going around the back of the square around the building towards the flag when I saw the dreaded claymore staring at me and completely stopped.

Knowing I would be done for as soon as I twitched, I lay prone and moved to the side and it exploded taking me down to 5 bars of health.

Either Im really lucky or this is a great way to survive those "delayed" claymore explosions.

Hope it helps.

-Mason-
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6569|Mountains of NC

good one never heard that with clays - I usually bend over and kiss my ass goodbye
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Tripp
I wanna be on you
+116|6528|So Cal
check out my claymore ratio
ssonrats
+221|6646

Tripp wrote:

I think evilmonkeyslayer has a similar ratio with the claymores
The_Mob_Returns
+72|6723|Indianapolis, IN
Wow, and I thought I had a semi-decent claymore ratio.
Tripp
I wanna be on you
+116|6528|So Cal
ya, he's at 15ish  hehe
TXVeteran512
+16|6493
Claymores are a snipers weapon of choice on city maps... Karkand and Warlord are some place's i love to use clays... its funny when you get 3-4 kills from one clay.. or you set a clay down and go up stairs in warlord then boom you get a kill.... even better when you got a support guy there giving you ammo as you set the clays
00joe
+16|6648|UK
Eh, I'm getting there
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6663|USA
So hopefully my tactic will help reduce you fella's k : d ratio w/claymores.

darkcrystal
First Aid! Here!
+12|6688
the weapon k/d ratio on bf2s is not the "real" k/d ratio.  the deaths are just how many times you have died while you have x weapon out, not how many times you have been killed by that weapon. 

Last edited by darkcrystal (2006-07-26 13:14:25)

Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6695|Howell, Mi USA
I just use clays to cover my ass while sniping.

Equipment    Time           Kills    Deaths    Ratio    ↑ Usage   
Claymore     01:10:49     427       40        10.6750     0
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6663|USA

darkcrystal wrote:

the weapon k/d ratio on bf2s is not the "real" k/d ratio.  the deaths are just how many times you have died while you have x weapon out, not how many times you have been killed by that weapon. 
Either way, the thread was jacked for claymore stats. all good though. We needed another.

/sarcasm

Really though; if you fellas get stuck in a spot and use what I say, and it works let me know. Im curious if I just got lucky or its a real way out of certain death.

Last edited by Mason4Assassin444 (2006-07-26 14:19:03)

VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6707|Antarctica

darkcrystal wrote:

Thats what a kill/death ratio is........ how many times you have killed someone with X weapon and how many times you have been killed with X weapon.
EvilMonkeySlayer
+82|6653

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

So hopefully my tactic will help reduce you fella's k : d ratio w/claymores.

Someone called my name?

Anyway, that tactic won't stop my claymores. I use them strategically and tactically, rarely do I use them to protect my arse since i'm usually pretty aware of my surroundings.

I'll use them in areas where people don't expect them, my favourite is as a jeep clearing anti-personal mine. I'll place them just before/after a hill depending on which way I expect the enemy to approach from and never on the road itself, but to the side facing toward the road.

Also, totally unrelated to this topic.. but check out this from my stats:

https://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~mccasey/bf2/markofthedevil.png

I just had to show that, evil! EVIL! Mark of the devil!

Very high claymore ratio and the mark of the devil. Evil?  You decide.

Rocks_AT
+0|6749

Battlefield2Player wrote:

Anyone ever been killed by a claymore while driving in a vehicle?  That has happened to me once or twice and it was very weird... 
Yeah you don't have much protection in a buggy so I'll lay them out on the road for you to find.

Its especially good if the buggies been damaged because it will kill everyone in the vehicle.
EvilMonkeySlayer
+82|6653

Battlefield2Player wrote:

Anyone ever been killed by a claymore while driving in a vehicle?  That has happened to me once or twice and it was very weird... 
It's amazing just how effective claymores are at taking out people in vehicles.

A lot of snipers i've seen place the claymores on the road itself facing toward a direction, however.. this has a couple of downsides;

* It will only kill in one direction, so.. the enemy driving in one direction will be given plenty of time to stop before driving over the claymores.
* It makes them much more visible, so the chances of someone spotting them in a jeep before the kill range also decreases the probability of a kill(s).
* It doesn't take into account people in covered vehicles like the vodnik, whereas my method does.. typically ensuring the driver is killed.

There you go, all you snipers. A basic howto on placing claymores around roads. I'd write a snipers guide but there are already way too many.
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6628|Warlord

Tripp wrote:

Check out my claymore KPH...

My dedicated sniper account's is higher (left side of sig).

I have a test account to check progress where it's 300, KDR 10+

VeNg3nCe^ wrote:

darkcrystal wrote:

Thats what a kill/death ratio is........ how many times you have killed someone with X weapon and how many times you have been killed with X weapon.
Not in the stats it's not. KDR is kills with and deaths while holding.

Some people use this to help with their KDR for a given weapon, switching away from their longarm to the knife or pistol maybe when artie is landing, a helicopter looms etc.
Defiance
+438|6672

Todd_Angelo wrote:

VeNg3nCe^ wrote:

darkcrystal wrote:

Not in the stats it's not. KDR is kills with and deaths while holding.

Some people use this to help with their KDR for a given weapon, switching away from their longarm to the knife or pistol maybe when artie is landing, a helicopter looms etc.
True, +1.

Vengeance, was you're knowledge of the game reset as well?

Just kidding, here's a +1 for you to.
p1.topher
+16|6489|USA
Right you are Todd. If anyone still doesn't agree just check your own defib stats, I'm 5/109, lol. I know I haven't been killed 109 times with defib, but I'm sure I've died 109 times WHILE HOLDING defib.
sagexp
+16|6555

VeNg3nCe^ wrote:

You are completly wrong, the poster darkcrystal was right, a k/d ratio reflects the deaths while holding the weapon of choice
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6527|Singapore
i just plunk it on the ground
xWSxCriminalx
+40|6538

sagexp wrote:

VeNg3nCe^ wrote:

You are completly wrong, the poster darkcrystal was right, a k/d ratio reflects the deaths while holding the weapon of choice
that means he's only half wrong not completly...give him a break yeesh

btw claymores are for the weak....anyone with more than 300clays is weak

Last edited by xWSxCriminalx (2006-07-27 01:58:15)

Billy_aKa_Dr_GonZo
+5|6622|UK

Tripp wrote:

not bad m8 but check mine out - the main reason i have so many is that i had to get my expert explosive badge twice, the first time i got it the server crashed so i had to get it again wasent happy like but this may explain why i have so many.

Last edited by Billy_aKa_Dr_GonZo (2006-07-27 03:32:28)

uk-anubis-uk
+21|6523
Do you understand that its how many kills u have using claymores and how many times you have been killed whilst weilding (holding) claymores not how many kills u have with and how many times you have been killed by clays! A lot of people dont realise this!!! A good KDR on that list means nothing the less u run around with clays in ure hand the higher (assuming u lay them) your KDR will be!!!!
Barrakuda777
+86|6737|Somewhere near a shrub or rock
Koodas_sniper_rifle (sniper only account)

Claymore
Kills 608
Deaths 23 
Ratio 26.43
Time used 0.99

Use them to guard my arse while im shooting or to protect flags....

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard