Green Jello
+47|6635|Reno, NV
It seems like 95% of all the servers have these LAME rules. Stuff like:

- No attacking main bases
- No stealing vehicles
- No cartillery
- etc.

I have never seen a game like this. BF2 works perfectly as designed. I think that the only rule any server should have is NO HACKING. Not only is the game more fun, but it doesn't cause all the admin headaches to enforce. War is hell. If you don't like your base to be raped, then keep the enemy out of it.

What is the deal?
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6696|Howell, Mi USA
U sir are 100% right, server rules are lame. Some people just don't want their leet stats messed up by someone who is better.

Heres some lame rules i've seen

"Clan members have first pick on ALL vehicles"

"U must wait until aircraft are off the ground to attack them"
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
ZCor3x
+46|6572|Pennsylvania

Green Jello wrote:

- No stealing vehicles
- No cartillery
- etc.

I have never seen a game like this. BF2 works perfectly as designed. I think that the only rule any server should have is NO HACKING. Not only is the game more fun, but it doesn't cause all the admin headaches to enforce. War is hell. If you don't like your base to be raped, then keep the enemy out of it.

What is the deal?
Yeah. No kidding, it's all the little girls (no offense) who play that don't like to get owned.
Green Jello
+47|6635|Reno, NV
The best one I've seen is:

"Only Spec Ops are allowed to enter UCB to blow up assets. They must WALK only. No running or veicles."

LMFAO!!!
Dr_3V|L
+51|6727|Twente, The Netherlands
Today I joined a server on one of my other accounts. In the rules there was a picture with a sweet cute purple bunny. The poor beast had a vertical red line cutting through him. I wondered what it meant. I was soon to find out.
After gaining a pretty good score, I encountered a tank just after I spawned. Eager as I was to get away, I jumped up and down, using the so-called 'dolphin-dive-technique'. All to prevent that tankwhore from killing me.
I gave him a hard time hitting me, but too bad I was walking past a wall and he used his big cannon to make me fly. Apperantly, the tankwhore was one of the server admins.

Lame admin tankwhore: If you bunnyhop one more time, I'll ban your sorry ass.
Me: I'll do whatever I want to prevent me being killed by a stupid tank.
Lame admin tankwhore: Say what?
Server message: BANNING!!!!!!  side_account_of_Dr_3V|L for STEALING/SHOOTING TEAMMATES VEHICLES!

Dolphin diving is allowed. It's in the game. If you as an admin don't like it, then beware because I'm going to rape you good. I'll be glad to be banned because you suck.

P.P.S. I mostly agree with the topic starter... all those rules just keep people out of the game, it's just stupid. One rule should be followed however. Not attacking main bases is a good server rule. Baseraping is not a funny thing when you're on the receiving end.
At least I never baserape, because it's like sportmanship I think.

Last edited by Dr_3V|L (2006-07-26 10:02:40)

majorassult
I <3 ak101
+307|6665|under there hayousaidunderwear

Cbass wrote:

U sir are 100% right, server rules are lame. Some people just don't want their leet stats messed up by someone who is better.

The first rule is gay but the second is normal IMO
Defiance
+438|6673

I've seen better:

"Infedels must been over and let me insert my penis into their anal area."

Ok, maybe not, but that's about the same as all these other right-wing fucked-up ass-backwards lame-ass rules.
samfink
+31|6557
that is mad. if I'm going into an ememy base as spec ops, you goddamn betca thatI'll either be in a vehicle ( usually an apc or someother transport) or running like hell. after all, surely you shjoudl be able to blow them up before the commander can get at you ( sevewral tiems, when I'm walking in a base, the enemy commander kills me)
Battlefield2Player
Ak-101 Addict
+98|6534
67% of your kills are with armour... G'damn.  Now I understand why you don't like rules. 

I normally have no problem with server rules.  The thing I hate most is when the administrator gets angry because you knifed him and kicks you.
Green Jello
+47|6635|Reno, NV

Dr_3V|L wrote:

One rule should be followed however. Not attacking main bases is a good server rule. Baseraping is not a funny thing when you're on the receiving end.
Yeah, but if the team did their job it wouldn't happen. I agree it sucks when it happens, but I don't think it should be against the rules.
AllmightyOz
+50|6488|United States - Ohio

Green Jello wrote:

- No stealing vehicles
- No cartillery
- etc.

What is the deal?
The people running the server PAY for it and you dont. If you PAY for something like a BF2 ranked server, you should have it your way. Fuck EA and their ROE. EA isnt paying for your server. Yes I agree tho, some rules are utterly fucking retarded but you'll have that. Go play in a different server if you do not like the rules. I was an admin on the H*S HIGH POINTS infantry ONLY karkand server. We payed for it, and thats how we wanted to play. Some people thought they could come in and use tanks... boy were they wrong. Instant BAN.
Green Jello
+47|6635|Reno, NV

Battlefield2Player wrote:

67% of your kills are with armour... G'damn.  Now I understand why you don't like rules. 
Yeah, I'm an armor whore. I'll admit it. Some people are jet whores, chopper whores, snipers, etc. That's what makes the game so great. Everyone likes to play different ways.
Chou
+737|6793
I played on some n00b fucker server today and got kicked for dropping arty on the last MEC base on a 32 map, another guy got a warning for SPAWNKILLING at the same base !!

It wasn't even an uncap, whehehe, fucking nobodies!
Each server their own rules but don't make em right where you stand because you get owned by public... fuck off with that shit.
Green Jello
+47|6635|Reno, NV

AllmightyOz wrote:

Go play in a different server if you do not like the rules.
I generally do. The problem is, the vast majority of servers out there have the lame ass rules and it's hard to find descent ones.
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6696|Howell, Mi USA

majorassult wrote:

Cbass wrote:

The first rule is gay but the second is normal IMO
Y should anyone wait for an aircraft to take off? Thats really the only time u can attack one is when it's taking off. If it gets off the ground it's almost impossable to kill, so how is that fair? helos don't wait for tanks to move out of range of a TV missle.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
AllmightyOz
Play in ANY server besides a karakand server and you most likely will not encounter lame ass rules.
Green Jello
+47|6635|Reno, NV

AllmightyOz wrote:

Play in ANY server besides a karakand server and you most likely will not encounter lame ass rules.
Uhhhhh.....no. I never play Karkand. The lame rules are all over the place.
AllmightyOz
Play in servers without admins.
Daz
+14|6520|Somalia
No hacking is a given.

Most are based around EXPLOITS that are abused. ( think of it like the hotel bug, its not a hack but its something thats there that shouldnt be )

Attacking uncaps sure, but only when all flags are taken, and NOT with armor, nothing more gay than having tanks sitting waiting for you to spawn so you may as well just sit there not spawning the rest of the match, and nobody wants that.

Uncaps shouldnt be attacked when there are other flags around, there is no gain to it and it just wastes peoples time trying to get the buggers out of the place.

Cartillery is LAME, people doing that on purpose to kill people is just fucking pathetic.

There is one rule that is complete bullshit though.

no swearing
WHAT THE FUCK MAN?

what the hell has swearing got anything to do with playing a game, how does that affect anything on the fucking server.

Get banned for saying shit
what if you were talking about shitake mushrooms, oh look banned.

Complete fucking bullshit, kicking someone for swearing is like kicking someone for being black.

All the swear kicker servers should burn in hell.
Dr_3V|L
+51|6727|Twente, The Netherlands
Sometimes it's good that servers have a language filter, looking at your way of explaining us how much it sucks.
Green Jello
+47|6635|Reno, NV
The language thing is just comical. I'd imagine it got started as a way to keep the game "family friendly". I find it hilarious that children can play a game of war with plenty of violence, but swearing is out of the question.
Daz
+14|6520|Somalia
Anyone offended by basic swearing needs to be pushed upto a wall and shot.

Out of all the bad things in the game I get kicked for saying a WORD.

Not the faggots spawn camping and armor whoring.

And anyway if it gets that annoying they can always just kick the person manually.

But thats just from being an asshole and spamming the chat not for swearing.

As I only swear in squad chat anyway.

Last edited by Daz (2006-07-26 10:33:42)

Battlefield2Player
Ak-101 Addict
+98|6534

Dr_3V|L wrote:

Today I joined a server on one of my other accounts. In the rules there was a picture with a sweet cute purple bunny. The poor beast had a vertical red line cutting through him. I wondered what it meant. I was soon to find out.
After gaining a pretty good score, I encountered a tank just after I spawned. Eager as I was to get away, I jumped up and down, using the so-called 'dolphin-dive-technique'. All to prevent that tankwhore from killing me.
I gave him a hard time hitting me, but too bad I was walking past a wall and he used his big cannon to make me fly. Apperantly, the tankwhore was one of the server admins.

Lame admin tankwhore: If you bunnyhop one more time, I'll ban your sorry ass.
Me: I'll do whatever I want to prevent me being killed by a stupid tank.
Lame admin tankwhore: Say what?
Server message: BANNING!!!!!!  side_account_of_Dr_3V|L for STEALING/SHOOTING TEAMMATES VEHICLES!

Dolphin diving is allowed. It's in the game. If you as an admin don't like it, then beware because I'm going to rape you good. I'll be glad to be banned because you suck.

P.P.S. I mostly agree with the topic starter... all those rules just keep people out of the game, it's just stupid. One rule should be followed however. Not attacking main bases is a good server rule. Baseraping is not a funny thing when you're on the receiving end.
That has happened to me many a time.  I say, "Want me to walk up to your tank and stay still for you too?"

Infantry combat has been nerfed and nerfed, yet you see nothing done to armour and vehicles.  They say they want to make this game 'realisic'.  Trust me, if BF2 was realistic it would be NO fun.

ARMOUR
* You can be waaaay off target and still get the kill *

INFANTRY
* You have to be accurate and shoot in the correct area to get the kill *

I can understand why someone might use armour for a while, but using it each and every round, to the point where people can actually guess who's using the tank when they hear it coming around the corner... I just don't see how it could possibly be any fun.
<eN>Madcat
+2|6842
It is true, EA doesn't pay for the server, you do, you should be able to decide what happens on your server.  Although some rules are just over the fucking top, I like this one I played on about waiting you turn for jets.  Instead of everyone running as fast as they can into a jet, make a line of people who get the jet. Its a pretty good rule in fact as well, during real war there are no who can run faster toward the jet things and I think waiting fro turns could settle that.  But anyone if you don't like a rule, live with it or go to another server.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6719|Riva, MD
No cussing is the gayest rule of all.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard