Spumantiii
pistolero
+147|6681|Canada
Today a UN observation post was hit by Israeli precision weapons.  4 UN soldiers were killed including a Canadian.  Technically it's not an act of war since the UN is not a nation but this is some serious shit.  Israel claims to have no knowledge of the UN presence at the base.  The particular base has been in use by the UN since 1976, 30 years, and has never attempted to hide their identities.  Israel claims it's policy is not to attack civilians or the UN.  Khofi Annan (sp)  is accusing Israel of knowingly attacking the outpost.   Israel, with the most competent intel agencies in the world, made a boo boo.  This is a perfect example of how
A) precision weapons are as precise as the CHOSEN target.
B) Israel disregards our concerns and would rather shoot first.
C) Israel is also gulity of terrorism.

Oh one point I forgot to mention.  After the first strike, Israel waited for relief to come to rescue the UN officers, then struck again, to confirm the kills.   Absolutely fucking sickening.  This is the group you wish to defend?  Both sides are wrong for what they are doing.  I guess Israel might be getting the UN back for all the violations that were put on them for other acts of terrorism.  Israel has offered an apology but how much more can be accepted that's outside the concensus of the reasonable world?
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6527|Global Command
I heard it was Hezbollah rockets that hit the outpost.
Wheres your links?
don't make me come over there.
acidkiller187
+123|6628

Alexanderthegrape wrote:

I heard it was Hezbollah rockets that hit the outpost.
Wheres your links?
don't make me come over there.
lmao it was Hezbollah rockets Zidane headbutt trough his screen
Kaosdad
Whisky Tango Foxtrot?
+201|6677|Broadlands, VA
http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/07/ … index.html

According to CNN.

Welcome to the fog of war.

Regardless - our prayers go to the fallen and their families.

Last edited by Kaosdad008 (2006-07-25 17:51:17)

Slam
+74|6633
I like cheese
alpinestar
+304|6594|New York City baby.
I bet america regrets bomb deliveries to Israel now.
Spumantiii
pistolero
+147|6681|Canada
I heard it on AM radio on the way to and from work, CKNW Vancouver, I trust them they have an opinions block and a facts block and they don't mix them

I'm looking for links
PuckMercury
6 x 9 = 42
+298|6525|Portland, OR USA
oooh, NPR ... that clarifies it

Think of it this way - what the hell would Israel have to gain from blasting a UN outpost?

alpinestar wrote:

do you punish the manufacturer of the gun in murder trials?  A tool is neither good nor evil, neither it its manufacturer.  The morality lies in they who impliment it.

Last edited by PuckMercury (2006-07-25 17:57:37)

Spumantiii
pistolero
+147|6681|Canada
here Israel  claims that it was the other guys who did it
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/a … p;ito=1490

here's the news on Canada's foremost in news
http://www.cbc.ca/news/

Last edited by Spumantiii (2006-07-30 11:05:58)

CO05
+3|6523
It sounds like Israel is slowly losing it. Do we defend and not interfere because we value their relationship, or do we take action and stop them?

Question, again:

What's been making Israel go crazy? Their desire to be recognized as a state?

Last edited by CO05 (2006-07-25 18:03:50)

Spumantiii
pistolero
+147|6681|Canada
international govt.
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6547|Southeastern USA
fog -of-war is correct, IDF would gain nothing, they have shown in the past that they would gain nothing, this doesn't mean it wasn't them, but if it was I doubt it was purposeful
alpinestar

PuckMercury wrote:

Think of it this way - what the hell would Israel have to gain from blasting a UN outpost?

alpinestar wrote:

do you punish the manufacturer of the gun in murder trials?  A tool is neither good nor evil, neither it its manufacturer.  The morality lies in they who impliment it.
Manufacturer who rushes live feed of munition to Israel and Vetoes the immidiate ceasfire, pardon my cynicism but "Guns don't kill people" makes no sense here wouldn't you say ?
ATG
Banned

Slam wrote:

I like cheese
"Your post is considered spam. Please refrain from posting these kind of posts."
PuckMercury
6 x 9 = 42

kr@cker wrote:

fog -of-war is correct, IDF would gain nothing, they have shown in the past that they would gain nothing, this doesn't mean it wasn't them, but if it was I doubt it was purposeful
QFE

I don't have enough information to know if it was them and quite frankly neither does anyone here.  What I do know is that absolutely nothing would be gained or proven by a strike against the UN.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6630|949

PuckMercury wrote:

What did the US have to gain in bombing the Chinese Embassy during the Bosnian conflict?  Although it is interesting to see the conflicting reports, I have a hard time believing Hezbollah would bomb something in Lebanon.

PuckMercury wrote:

alpinestar wrote:

Actually, gun manufacturers have been sucessfully sued in court over gun deaths.
PuckMercury
6 x 9 = 42

alpinestar wrote:

PuckMercury wrote:

alpinestar wrote:

Manufacturer who rushes live feed of munition to Israel and Vetoes the immidiate ceasfire, pardon my cynicism but "Guns don't kill people" makes no sense here wouldn't you say ?
no, I absolutely wouldn't say.  Good luck proving an inanimate object guilty of war crimes.

I am entirely aware that gun manufacturers have been proven guilty of crimes, however those were exceptions and not the rule and had extenuating circumstances.  If a gun is used in the manner in which it was intended and manufactured and not by utilizing an obvious exploit, the manufacturer is guilty of nothing.  I further this by saying a woman successfully sued McDonalds for pouring coffee on her lap, PMS has been ruled a valid defense against felonous acts, twinkies have been used to acquit for murder, and OJ was judged innocent.

Last edited by PuckMercury (2006-07-25 18:11:46)

Capt. Foley
+155|6586|Allentown, PA, USA

alpinestar wrote:

I bet your mom seriously regrets having somthing as horrible, racist, stupid as you.
ATG
Banned
Watch Thomas the Tank Engine?
There's a song called Accidents Happen Now and Again.
Close your eyes and hear the sound track. Or enjoy this.

Last edited by Alexanderthegrape (2006-07-25 18:12:19)

TXVeteran512
+16|6490
anyone remember that one trick the bad guys in iraq tried by using a damn GI Joe doll saying they have captured a american soldier.. its like that..

best rule is your not there to know the full details so done Assume that you do cause you might make a ASS of U and ME
alpinestar

Capt. Foley wrote:

alpinestar wrote:

I bet your mom seriously regrets having somthing as horrible, racist, stupid as you.
Ignorance is bliss.
Anfidurl
Use the bumper, that's what its for!
+103|6591|Lexington, Kentucky

PuckMercury wrote:

Exactly. Punishing the manufacturer (like many p***y Politicians have proposed) is like punishing ArmaLite when you get TK'ed by a noob with an M16.
Spumantiii
pistolero
+147|6681|Canada
apparently the accident happened 14 other times before they hit.  That's precision
PuckMercury
6 x 9 = 42

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

What did the US have to gain in bombing the Chinese Embassy during the Bosnian conflict?  Although it is interesting to see the conflicting reports, I have a hard time believing Hezbollah would bomb something in Lebanon.
I do not know the full story surrounding that, but I see one critical and defining difference.  The Chinese Embassy is sovereign Chinese territory and property of China - not an international conglomerate of nations

<see editted post above>
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6630|949

PuckMercury wrote:

I am entirely aware that gun manufacturers have been proven guilty of crimes, however those were exceptions and not the rule and had extenuating circumstances.  If a gun is used in the manner in which it was intended and manufactured and not by utilizing an obvious exploit, the manufacturer is guilty of nothing.  I further this by saying a woman successfully sued McDonalds for pouring coffee on her lap, PMS has been ruled a valid defense against felonous acts, twinkies have been used to acquit for murder, and OJ was judged innocent.
This is off topic, but how do you feel about assualt weapons such as AR-15's being legal?

edit: And, my point was, it was a mistake as far as I am concerned.  I have a hard time believing that Israel knowingly hit the UN outpost, but I have no problem attributing the blame to Israel.  I further believe this shows that Israel is showing no restraint in lobbing and dropping bombs over the border.

Also, the fact that the Chinese Embassy was on soveriegn soil has no weight in this argument.

Last edited by KEN-JENNINGS (2006-07-25 18:22:11)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard