Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6649
ok I updated a few bits (brown text) and I'm getting to work on those video's now.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
hutchy52
+12|6750

SargeV1.4 wrote:

hutchy52 wrote:

SargeV1.4 wrote:

Get a joystick!
Why? I have a joystick but only use it for flight sims.

Keyboard and mouse all the way for bf2.
forgive me for being so blunt, maybe I'm just in a bad mood.

go whore your precious J-10 some more.
Good on you for making assumptions about things you know nothing about, because I don't believe that I have ever seen you on a server that I have been on.

I use the F-35 as much as the J-10 and don't give a damn what ignorant wannabes like you need to tell yourself to feel special.
ikillyou9090
+24|6544

hutchy52 wrote:

SargeV1.4 wrote:

hutchy52 wrote:

Good on you for making assumptions about things you know nothing about, because I don't believe that I have ever seen you on a server that I have been on.

I use the F-35 as much as the J-10 and don't give a damn what ignorant wannabes like you need to tell yourself to feel special.
omg hes so right its amazing

+!'s all around!
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6649

hutchy52 wrote:

SargeV1.4 wrote:

hutchy52 wrote:

sorry man, I did say I was in a bad mood. It's just that when I look at a pilots profile and see an ultra high K:D but all that time on wake the vast majority of them just whore their J-10's. But why do you play it? There's no real dogfighting at all. Just hunt and be hunted.
a fly
+105|6640|The netherlands

SargeV1.4 wrote:

[color=yellow]Get a joystick! I don't want to hear your stories about how you can keep up with some jets sometimes using your mouse and/or keyboard. Every good pilot I know uses a joystick, and wouldn't want to fly without one. If you have a mouse/keyboard combo, you cannot control the throttle or turn accurately, not to mention you will have to pull your mouse down, lift it up, move it up again, and resume pulling down.
With a joystick, you can have constant, smooth, and precise motion. With a keyboard only, you cannot control your turns at all, you'll simply have to resort to tapping your keys on and off to do any odd turns.
hehehehe, i found it out the hard way, and will again when i can no longer borrow my bro's joystick while mine is getting repaired/replaced.

very nice guide.
hutchy52
+12|6750

SargeV1.4 wrote:

hutchy52 wrote:

SargeV1.4 wrote:

sorry man, I did say I was in a bad mood. It's just that when I look at a pilots profile and see an ultra high K:D but all that time on wake the vast majority of them just whore their J-10's. But why do you play it? There's no real dogfighting at all. Just hunt and be hunted.
I like to kill J-10's with the F-35, and its the best map to do it on
DebonairXcel
+40|6609|Minnesota
Well more accurately try to kill J-10s with the F-35.  Unless the other person sucks, you are still usually losing the dog fights.  I'd say you are doing well, if you can pull a 1/3 out of the successful dogfight kills.  As the J-10 is just that biased.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6649

hutchy52 wrote:

I like to kill J-10's with the F-35, and its the best map to do it on
Well I guess that if that's what you like doing then go ahead and do so. I don't like it because it's either get your missles in at the right moment or gun down the newbie, which isn't really dogfighting IMO.

Usually on Wake I'll get the F-35, fly high, circle the PLA airfield untill the second J-10 spawns, bomb it, and then circle again untill their first J-10 comes in for bombs, and shoot it down with missles. Then just spend the rest of the round spawnraping the J-10's. Not much fun as far as I'm concerned.
XstrangerdangerX
conversation is combat
+36|6625|Tasmania

ikillyou9090 wrote:

hutchy52 wrote:

SargeV1.4 wrote:

+!'s all around!
Are you the guy I tk'd with the M95 when you hopped in my chopper last night on Fushe?

If so mate, very sorry about that. I didn't even ask you to get out so my mate could hop in. It was very rude. I felt bad about it after.

But if I may add something I said to you after you said you had screenshotted and would submit it to GA....

for that one piece of stupidity, and for ruining no more than 30 seconds of your gaming experience, you are willing to have me banned for a period of several weeks? Mate, that's like sentencing a jaywalker to death. If I had done it twice, fair enough, that's excessive... but come on.... but if you have and they do, so be it. I can hardly complain that it's unfair.

okay, this is the part where everyone else tells me I deserve to die and that "people like you" should break their gamedisc and never play again. Go easy fellas.
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6563|NYC / Hamburg

nice guide +1,

only thing i can add is that "flying dangerously" can save your ass when flying against a superior jet. with this i mean flying below tree-level on wake, doing all the fancy stuff on kubra, going under small bridges, zipping low around all the buildings on dalian& daquing, .... Usually the enemy will try to follow you and crash

EDIT: if you are medic and the enemy is not, a controled flight out of bounds can kill him

Last edited by max (2006-07-28 16:39:15)

once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
hutchy52
+12|6750

DebonairXcel wrote:

Well more accurately try to kill J-10s with the F-35.  Unless the other person sucks, you are still usually losing the dog fights.  I'd say you are doing well, if you can pull a 1/3 out of the successful dogfight kills.  As the J-10 is just that biased.
I would say I kill about five J10's in dogfights per my one death, unless there is a pro pilot on the other team.
XstrangerdangerX
conversation is combat
+36|6625|Tasmania

XstrangerdangerX wrote:

ikillyou9090 wrote:

hutchy52 wrote:

+!'s all around!
Are you the guy I tk'd with the M95 when you hopped in my chopper last night on Fushe?

If so mate, very sorry about that. I didn't even ask you to get out so my mate could hop in. It was very rude. I felt bad about it after.

But if I may add something I said to you after you said you had screenshotted and would submit it to GA....

for that one piece of stupidity, and for ruining no more than 30 seconds of your gaming experience, you are willing to have me banned for a period of several weeks? Mate, that's like sentencing a jaywalker to death. If I had done it twice, fair enough, that's excessive... but come on.... but if you have and they do, so be it. I can hardly complain that it's unfair.

okay, this is the part where everyone else tells me I deserve to die and that "people like you" should break their gamedisc and never play again. Go easy fellas.
Quoted to get his attention.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6649
If you have a problem with someone then PM them please.
XstrangerdangerX
conversation is combat
+36|6625|Tasmania

SargeV1.4 wrote:

If you have a problem with someone then PM them please.
No problem mate, you obviously didn't read my post.
^AgentHawk
Clear! You're good to go!
+17|6482|"Near Det.", MI

SargeV1.4 wrote:

I know a pilot that uses that move very effectively, but I don't quite get it yet. I thought that the scissors were caused by accident instead of being an actual maneauvre?

scissors
When your trying to lose someone or your on their tail, it's a good move to pull off...if you can pull it off.
You're right, I don't see many pilots use that move at all...cept for me and my friend.

When your on a J-10's tail and your in the F-18, and your in a long right turn because he's a ~oob, just go left while he is still going right and BAM! Run into him or a sucessful rolling scissors in which will only last for a short time because he's a ~oob :p Now if you don't pull off the advantage...sorry for stealing your thunder Sarge...and end up in front of him, just try to continue the move to gain the advantage.

I only know of 3 people who practice this move: My friend, his brother and me, so I don't expect you to do the move the first time. It's really sool once you get it going.
SteikeTa
+153|6744|Norway/Norwegen/ Norge/Noruega

hutchy52 wrote:

DebonairXcel wrote:

I would say I kill about five J10's in dogfights per my one death, unless there is a pro pilot on the other team.
Yeah... like me
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6681|United States of America
Neat. You should make a video of how to lose a keyboarder by flying through the little tube in Kubra Dam and watch them slam into the sides with their mouse and throttle keys.
1simplemistake18
+0|6838

SteikeTa wrote:

hutchy52 wrote:

DebonairXcel wrote:

Yeah... like me
It would seem that you are a wake island j-10 whore too.
SteikeTa
+153|6744|Norway/Norwegen/ Norge/Noruega

1simplemistake18 wrote:

SteikeTa wrote:

hutchy52 wrote:

Yeah... like me
It would seem that you are a wake island j-10 whore too.
Yes it would seem.....
Have alot of hours in the F-35b as well

Last edited by SteikeTa (2006-08-20 16:54:46)

naightknifar
Served and Out
+642|6557|Southampton, UK

Message to you:  Mouse FTW!!!!

I find it absoulutely pathetic you think everyone should have a joystick. You shouldn't a mouse and keyboard are the basics, mabye not the best but are still brilliant if you know how to use them.
I have no gaming mouse, just a microsoft wireless, same for keyboard.
I am one of the skilled pilots in BF2, and could easily kill anyone with a joystick. Your pathetic m8. Pathetic.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6752|Scotland

knightnufer wrote:

I find it absoulutely pathetic you think everyone should have a joystick. You shouldn't a mouse and keyboard are the basics, mabye not the best but are still brilliant if you know how to use them.
I am one of the skilled pilots in BF2, and could easily kill anyone with a joystick. Your pathetic m8. Pathetic.
Holy shit, another loser who thinks he is good.
Go play on Noob only servers.
Because I have news for you :
YOU SUCK!
Youre just like that James boy, a Planewhore, a guy who has no skills yet he tried to fly the plane.

I find you patheitc for posting here and making that dumbass comment.
Eeasily kill a guy who is good and has a joystick?
bullshit

Shut up and dont post on a excellent thread teaching you how to fly Sarges way.
He could own you with his eyes closed.
Entertayner
+826|6567

zimmer92 wrote:

knightnufer wrote:

Holy shit, another loser who thinks he is good.
Go play on Noob only servers.
Because I have news for you :
YOU SUCK!
Youre just like that James boy, a Planewhore, a guy who has no skills yet he tried to fly the plane.

I find you patheitc for posting here and making that dumbass comment.
Eeasily kill a guy who is good and has a joystick?
bullshit

Shut up and dont post on a excellent thread teaching you how to fly Sarges way.
He could own you with his eyes closed.
It's true, i've never managed to shoot zim down even j-10 vs f35 and i'm not the worst pilot around Nice guide sarge btw

Last edited by EntertaineR_06 (2006-08-21 05:54:13)

Turtle
+7|6753|Boulder, CO
Could we go a bit more in-depth? There are alot of flying guides out there. This does come across as a basic guide but we could add to it. The one thing I'd like to see most in a flight guide is to tell ppl how to shoot down a j-10. Most of the time j-100 pilots don't have to do much to avoid a missile after being locked on to. I've found it easiest to shoot j-10's down after you get a lock positions your crosshair above him, try to turn just before him and anticipate. Missiles will still gain lock if you recently had a lock and their path is going to run into the jet after you fire them.
Obviously some balancing needs to happen for the jets. Before the uber aa days it was all about who could gun the other down faster but those day are gone *tear*. So please ellaborate on X vs. j-10 and your thoughts. But like a I said, turn ahead and fire without a lock, note that this only works in close quarters.
Abstinuous
+33|6427
+1
Z-trooper
BF2s' little helper
+209|6755|Denmark

SargeV1.4 wrote:

Get a joystick! I don't want to hear your stories about how you can keep up with some jets sometimes using your mouse and/or keyboard. Every good pilot I know uses a joystick, and wouldn't want to fly without one. If you have a mouse/keyboard combo, you cannot control the throttle or turn accurately, not to mention you will have to pull your mouse down, lift it up, move it up again, and resume pulling down.
With a joystick, you can have constant, smooth, and precise motion. With a keyboard only, you cannot control your turns at all, you'll simply have to resort to tapping your keys on and off to do any odd turns.
I respectfully have to disagree, I think my stats speak for themself. And all I own is my old crappy logitech keyboard and my good ol' mx300 mouse..

I'll give you that with a joystick you can have constant  vector change in any direction, however the joystick has its weaknesses too.. and trust me, a mouse using pilot (who uses his brain) can be pretty darn deadly in a dogfight. Precision with the gun is everything for a suprise attack!!!

(I'm not flaming you, just disagreeing..)

however you'll get a +1 for your hard work..

Last edited by Z-trooper (2006-09-21 09:34:12)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard