USAFDude_1988
Will fly for food.
+120|6505|Daytona Beach, FL
Argh why must u release our secrets?!?! lol

Seriously though guys, the main key here is situational awareness. Too many times I'm a WSO (weapon systems officer - the #2 seat) in an F-15E or an SU-34, and the pilot is flyin without a care in the world. He's on A-G (air-to-ground) mode lookin for ground targets - instead of checkin his six (his a$$) for enemy fighters.

Situational awareness is a crucial characteristic to have as a pilot of a low performance aircraft (F-35, F-15E, Su-34/30) as defensive tactics are the only way to stay alive and kill more guys on the ground. Of course you might luck out and get a server with pilots on the enemy side just as oblivious as you! lol
farmerfez
o wut?
+78|6527

nice guide, +1
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6649

Drumedor wrote:

Oh, nice guide. Hope it will help my shitty flying ablities. Any clue about how to avoid those trees that are everywhere?
Well, when you're bombing instead of dogfighting, do so from a very high angle (near vertical) as this makes bomb placement much easier. Just pull up early if you have even the slightest doubt that you might not be able to pull up in time. Certainly don't make rash decisions, like trying to bomb something almost out of your sight.

USAFDude_1988 wrote:

Argh why must u release our secrets?!?! lol

Seriously though guys, the main key here is situational awareness. Too many times I'm a WSO (weapon systems officer - the #2 seat) in an F-15E or an SU-34, and the pilot is flyin without a care in the world. He's on A-G (air-to-ground) mode lookin for ground targets - instead of checkin his six (his a$$) for enemy fighters.

Situational awareness is a crucial characteristic to have as a pilot of a low performance aircraft (F-35, F-15E, Su-34/30) as defensive tactics are the only way to stay alive and kill more guys on the ground. Of course you might luck out and get a server with pilots on the enemy side just as oblivious as you! lol
yup - hence all my talk about camera's. I'll make a video of how I use camera's while flying. Basically, once I've seen someone, they stay in my sight constantly.

Last edited by SargeV1.4 (2006-07-25 16:12:51)

https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Ducksteina
Choleric groundpounder
+42|6542
AWESOME post! +1
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6627|Washington, DC

edzed wrote:

Nice one man, Im so bad at flying maybe this will help

This would be my guide:
Stay out of the  F35B on Wake.
*points to sig*

If you nuke the second J-10 and shoot down the first J-10 then you're home-free. Just have to get some luck.
USAFDude_1988
Will fly for food.
+120|6505|Daytona Beach, FL

ExecutionerStyle wrote:

edzed wrote:

This would be my guide:
*points to sig*

If you nuke the second J-10 and shoot down the first J-10 then you're home-free. Just have to get some luck.
I actually managed to down a J-10 with a -35 once... he was probably eating chips or drinkin somethin. I was then promptly shot down by the other J-10.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6649
When I played Wake Island (AAARGH WAKE *shivers*) I just set my video settings on low so I'd load fast and shoot that bitch when he's still on the runway. Then I'd just spend the rest of the round raping the chinese. Shoot j-10, start the timer, bomb something, get ammo, check timer, come in to destroy J-10 at 50 seconds.
Defiance
+438|6667

Good guide. I know almost all of these maneuvers and tactics but sometimes I forget them once I'm actually in a plane

Proves that theoretical knowledge isn't always the best.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6649

Defiance wrote:

Proves that theoretical knowledge isn't always the best.
And good practice is hard to come by thesedays.. check out the BF2S flying lessons in the bf2s server forum if you want some 'live' help.

Ah I'm off to bed, and I betcha that this topic will be on page #147 by the time I wake up, completely forgotten under the heaps of 'post your' topics
^AgentHawk
Clear! You're good to go!
+17|6482|"Near Det.", MI
What about rolling scissors? I think it's the best move to use if you're in that situation
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6649
I know a pilot that uses that move very effectively, but I don't quite get it yet. I thought that the scissors were caused by accident instead of being an actual maneauvre?

scissors
dontfeedthenerd
+38|6544
I dunno how effective this is, but I have a habit of switching to bomb mode as soon as I unleash a air to air missile. This cuts off the lock tone I believe and if the other pilot isn't in rear view he often thinks he's lost me and flies straight.

90% of my aviator kills are air to air kills I believe, I just suck, totally suck at bombing. You could give the friggin' carrier on Wake, and my bombs would probably miss the carrier, and hit somewhere in Karkand.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6649

dontfeedthenerd wrote:

I dunno how effective this is, but I have a habit of switching to bomb mode as soon as I unleash a air to air missile. This cuts off the lock tone I believe and if the other pilot isn't in rear view he often thinks he's lost me and flies straight.
As long as you have a missle on your tail, you will hear the beeping. I have had missles chase me accross the map through a 900 meter high/1600 kph loop and all the time - beep beep beep beep, despite the fact that my enemy had lost me already.
alpinestar
+304|6592|New York City baby.

USAFDude_1988 wrote:

ExecutionerStyle wrote:

edzed wrote:

This would be my guide:
*points to sig*

I actually managed to down a J-10 with a -35 once... he was probably eating chips or drinkin somethin. I was then promptly shot down by the other J-10.
Let's leave the american transport jets alone and do what we supposed to do (parachute airfield to take it at all cost) kthx
leesupport
+39|6679
Great guide...im not great at flying so that help....for sure i need to pratic loosing AA missles..thanks man+1
mcmt
+1|6601

SargeV1.4 wrote:

When I played Wake Island (AAARGH WAKE *shivers*) I just set my video settings on low so I'd load fast and shoot that bitch when he's still on the runway. Then I'd just spend the rest of the round raping the chinese. Shoot j-10, start the timer, bomb something, get ammo, check timer, come in to destroy J-10 at 50 seconds.
yyy... Sarge
28-30 seconds on Wake
Sgt_Bob05
Nade Spammers Must Die
+49|6698|Australia
This is a great pre 1.2 guide. Now its just lock, they deploy flares, you switch to bomb mode, foloow them until they straighten out, switch back to AA mode and spam missiles. If its a J-10 you need to creep up behind it in bomb mode. Less the 30 game metres away then just spam missiles. They're dead before they can deploy flares.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6649

Sgt_Bob05 wrote:

This is a great pre 1.2 guide. Now its just lock, they deploy flares, you switch to bomb mode, foloow them until they straighten out, switch back to AA mode and spam missiles. If its a J-10 you need to creep up behind it in bomb mode. Less the 30 game metres away then just spam missiles. They're dead before they can deploy flares.
wrong. I still have great fights with the few decent pilots around. People just don't what they're doing hence > guide
Hyper
Banned
+154|6747

alpinestar wrote:

SteikeTa wrote:

I always use a mouse and keyboard. will never use a joystick.... dont need one
LOL, good luck surviving
i survive just fine thanks
XstrangerdangerX
conversation is combat
+36|6626|Tasmania
Excellent guide mate.. one of the best I've read. Cheers too for the split S and other diagrams. I do that kind of thing intuitively but now I have a racetrack to follow.
Brasso
+1,549|6627

I never thought of the Split-S downwards...nice job.  The Yo-Yo trick sounds great too, I might have to try that some time. +1
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
DebonairXcel
+40|6609|Minnesota
I like the guide as well, especially the diagrams.  Though I'd like to note for the record that all the bombers do not fly the same...  not at all.  Su-30/34 are more maneuverable than the F35.  As for dodging missiles in the F-18, I've found that the rolling scissors are the best method (or rather missiles running away from the jet).  Loops can work with the F-19s small and fast profile, but the variation in hit box positioning is the key. 

That said, there are 3 tried and usually true methods to escape with the F-35, 1. bail out, 2. Do a stall save at high altitudes with quick turns/reactions, 3. fly out of bounds as a medic.
hutchy52
+12|6751

SargeV1.4 wrote:

Get a joystick!
Why? I have a joystick but only use it for flight sims.

Keyboard and mouse all the way for bf2.

Last edited by hutchy52 (2006-07-27 09:14:31)

Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6649

hutchy52 wrote:

SargeV1.4 wrote:

Get a joystick!
Why? I have a joystick but only use it for flight sims.

Keyboard and mouse all the way for bf2.
forgive me for being so blunt, maybe I'm just in a bad mood.

go whore your precious J-10 some more.
cyberkiller25
+16|6544|Montreal
Thanks man!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard