Clockwork-Ownage
+10|6538

MorbidFetus wrote:

ibfr33k wrote:

Having someone else make use of the MG on the heli will do more good than just solo.  They should give someone a chance to help their team out by letting someone be gunner.
The pilot should be able to eject the gunner if he sucks. I usually don't let gunners in my helo unless I know their abilities.
I AGREE 100%

Great pilot + Bad gunner = Dead chopper (or) Suicidal pilot
Marinejuana
local
+415|6555|Seattle

eagles1106 wrote:

ill shit on your face.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6535|Area 51

ghostgr wrote:

Ok I know they "fixed" this in last patch but it still happens! What they need to do is that the damn helio needs to freaking fall like a damn ton of steel! That way you don't get homo exploiters. Either that or make it spin ALOT faster.

Let me know what you think........and if you do solo shut your mouth cuz no one wants to hear from a game exploiter. lol ok not really go ahead and say what you want but soloing is just stupid.
Solo gunning is cool, but isn't as effective as it used to be, it better to have a good gunner I recon than solo gunnering, though its fun to do
hurricane2oo5
Do One Ya Mug !!!
+176|6734|mansfield
i love soloing in chopper. furfills my day .
Lagu
+0|6611
I'm with the exploit crowd.  Tho I agree it takes some skill.

PS quick question for bombers.  If someone in a tank switches to gun, do your bombs still hit?

Last edited by Lagu (2006-08-22 04:51:19)

ilyandor
+31|6658|Phoenix, AZ
new era =

SOLO TV BOMBING WITH Su-34

its the SHIT!
bedolf57
+20|6684|Metz, France

ilyandor wrote:

SOLO TV BOMBING WITH Su-34

must be boring to switch..or you fly with Kb/Mouse??
+1 for this stupid idea
Ryan
+1,230|6813|Alberta, Canada

what, you are mad because people fly helo's by themselves? thats fine with an AH, but its pointless with a UH
destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6597|Canada
its not an exploit!!!! ffs!!!! i takes more skill to b a solo helo pilot than it does to use an exploit. exploits make the game easier for the person using it. soloing takes a lot of skill. u should try it sumtime and c how easy it is...
weird-kid
+2|6547|Middlesbrough, England
If you get the heli on your own, thats fair enough, but red zoning a team mate is bang out of order.
If you have to suffer a bad gunner sometimes, so what, it's a game.

If you think you're a good pilot, try this simulator test
servo
+7|6610
LOL... got 950 on my first try.. and I'm a mouse helo pilot in BF2
Jenkinsbball
Banned
+149|6518|USA bitches!

Stubbee wrote:

Leln wrote:

Stubbee wrote:

Solo is a skill that few can master.
Solo is an exploit because AA can't lock on while you in the gunner's seat guiding the missile.
plz play a bit more since, this has already been fixed by dice. AA lock eaven if you are ine the gunnerseat.
Wrong
I went head to head Linebacker vs Solo Helo several times in rounds of Daqing and Fushe. ZERO missile hits. He would drop flares, switch seat, I lose lock, I am dead. If somehow he misses, he gets his flares back before I reload. So just rinse and repeat for him. The main guns of the mobile AA are almost useless.

And please don't insult me by saying I 'obviously' suck at AA.

I will destroy fully crewed helos from here to kingdom come but not solo choppers.
it doesn't matter if I am hidden or not, the pilot spots the missiles and fires. Even if I wait for his flares to dissipate.....

The only times I have scored hits is when he is maneuvering away from a fighter. Then he is too busy flying and can't switch.

You all might be confusing the green rectangle appearing around a target with a lock. Without the solid tone you are out of luck. The instant he switchs seats, the tone disappears thus no lock.
Same thing applies to bomber, and helo transports. Just not advisable because a good pilot will still mow you down with MG.

And finally, Miss Leln, did you even check my playing time? Didn't think so, have a nice day.
Want to prove it? Go on Sharqi, have someone sit in AA but the construction site, or even the hotel, and point toward the tv station. Jump into gunners seat and kiss your ass goodbye.
M1-Lightning
Jeepers Creepers
+136|6701|Peoria, Illinois

Skexis wrote:

M1-Lightning wrote:

I'm sick of the solo tank exploiters. Here I am flying my attack chopper and some tank driver hits f2 to shoot me down with the 50 cal on his tank. WTF? Exploiter!!!! Then there's these humvee drivers doing the same thing! I mean those things are design to have a driver AND a gunner. Switching seats is exploiting! [/sarcasm off]

If you want to disable seat switching, disable it for all vehicles. How's that sound to you exploitation whiners?
Given Dice's attention to detail, it's odd that something as inhumanly possible as switching seats and gearing up in midair is still around. Switching seats in a tank or jeep is a bit more believable.
Wait, I can hear it already. "It's just a game! Hrrhhrhrr!" But I don't think the majority of you would be here if you didn't appreciate the nods to reality that are already in the game.
There are few things in this game that are believable. Climbing in the CIWS and guiding it manually is inhumanly possible as well. This game isn't about reality. If it was truly an exploit, EA would have had it fixed.
DVSAZN
+0|6467
Solo TV missile guiding is no big deal... Its the guys that solo gun that gets me... Played Sharqi the other night and one guy in the Havoc was soloing the whole time with the gun in mid air... That's BS...
=W=GeneralSherman
Banned
+83|6527
shut up...just cause u get owned by them ur crying about it......i only solo chop when kn one hops in........but its not an exploit....its a good alternate to not haveing a gunner...or a gunner that doesnt gun....or one that couldnt hit the water with th MG or GM on WAKE!
Bernadictus
+1,055|6707

Whoohoo got a new BRS on Dragon Valley soloing. Damn I love it, much better than having a unskilled gunner in the seat.
leesupport
+39|6653
i agree it take a lot of skill to solo-tv if nobody hops in then i go solo but i never red zone a gunner but i like to solo better cause when im gunner people dont fly for gunner and when im pilot gunners just wont use TV so i usually only fly when im by myself or some one i know that can fly/use TV...and you can get shot down by AA when gunner seat so i see no exploit there.....wish these people would just stop complaning about everything in BF2...they cant fly then they should make planes and chopper weeker...they complane about everything and thats the reason for all the patches...just deal with it people and just cause some one is better then you at something that doesnt mean EA should make it easyer so you can be good at it or that they should get rid of it cause you cant do it.....people like that ruin BF2

lol sorry just had to add my little rant:]

Last edited by leesupport (2006-08-22 16:37:16)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard