The_Jester
+52|6508|Italy
Essential introduction: sorry for my crap English, I'm italian.

Now, the basic question is "What do you think is the main damage source in a bomber? The pilot or the LGM operator?".
Imho, the gunner is far more accurate and destructive. 1 shot = 1 kill. More kills if there are vehicles clumped together, or peons near the targeted vehicle.
The pilot has 5 bombs, the gunner has 20 laser guided missiles.

I see way too much bomber pilots heading back to the airfield after every single bombing run. But the gunner doesn't need to recharge.  The are 20 freaking laser guided missiles ready to pulverize a tank.

Example: in Gulf of Oman USMC start with 2 Abrams and 2 APC's in the beach fortifications, plus 4 DPV's and   eventually 4 stingers. A competent MEC bomber crew can basically eliminate everything in 1 minute, and friendly vehicles can easily secure the beach flags. A point-obsessed pilot goes back to the airfield after every bombardment, letting USMC tanks advance to the MEC flags. Same situation in Kubra Dam, with the armored USMC convoy coming from the Abandoned Hut. No need to recharge, just let the gunner destroy every single vehicle. The pilot get an assist point, and creates a winning situation for the team.

What do you guys think?
Ayumiz
J-10 whore
+103|6751|Singapore
The pilot wants kills and more kills. Simple.
[n00b]Tyler
Banned
+505|6612|Iceland
omg your sig looked abit to sexual i thought she was posting with a mans dick when i looked quicjly -.-
horny_trojan
+39|6728|Los FUCKING Angeles
my thoughts exactly, but that kind of cooperation between pilot and LGM operator requires a level of teamwork not often found in most servers.
DancinHomer
Gaming While Intoxicated
+27|6644|UK

The_Jester wrote:

A point-obsessed pilot
This is what you are  usually up against!
fierce
I love [fiSh]
+167|6585
Simply reasons:

1. Point-/Statswhore
2. Public Server
3. Ranked Server

Most people rather increase their useless stats, instead of winning the game.
TimBob
+15|6670

[n00b]Tyler wrote:

omg your sig looked abit to sexual i thought she was posting with a mans dick when i looked quicjly -.-
Is that a canoe in ur pocket?
[n00b]Tyler
Banned
+505|6612|Iceland

TimBob wrote:

[n00b]Tyler wrote:

that goes behond my english knowlege <<bet i even spelled that wrong

its that like ''pickle in your pocket'' joke?
AirForceOne1
What smells like tuna??
+115|6564|inside your nose.

TimBob wrote:

[n00b]Tyler wrote:

lol or maybe the paddle? lol

ok back on topic. If you get a good pilot that lines u up for shots u can easly take out 2-3 tanks/apcs on Oman. Just today I was flying with a guy who wasn't greedy or point whoring. He took his fair share of kills but he didn't go back to reload EVERY time. I guess I was lucky.. lol
USMCkilla
+16|6779|South Carolina
I fly with my buddy like this all the time. We get on skype and talk to each other while flying. I would honestly rather him take out the targets and me use my bombs as a last resort. Even with him taking all the shots and me taking out the JSF's left and right I still always come in second and him first because after all for every kill he makes I get points to. Like it was said before once we get in the air and there isnt a expert JSF pilot on the other team the round is pretty much won because there is no stopping us then. So in other words we still win the round and come in 1st and 2nd anyway.
AirForceOne1
What smells like tuna??
+115|6564|inside your nose.

USMCkilla wrote:

I fly with my buddy like this all the time. We get on skype and talk to each other while flying. I would honestly rather him take out the targets and me use my bombs as a last resort. Even with him taking all the shots and me taking out the JSF's left and right I still always come in second and him first because after all for every kill he makes I get points to. Like it was said before once we get in the air and there isnt a expert JSF pilot on the other team the round is pretty much won because there is no stopping us then. So in other words we still win the round and come in 1st and 2nd anyway.
That's how it should be.. but 98.7% of the time u get a pointwhoring faggot who doesn't even know there is another guy in the jet with him...
Ayumiz
J-10 whore
+103|6751|Singapore

[n00b]Tyler wrote:

LOL its two babes.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6708|Devon, England

[n00b]Tyler wrote:

same here! shes not even that good looking...
Ayumiz
J-10 whore
+103|6751|Singapore

FFLink13 wrote:

[n00b]Tyler wrote:

Shes got a nice figure
I.M.I Militant
We Are Not Alone In Here
+297|6736|Melbourne, Australia
the LGM have a huge splash damage when im in the gunners seat and the pilot lines up for a bombing run over a flag i fire 1 straight off manaully stearing it into where i think the inf will be and i usaully get 1 or 2 kils
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6792|Noizyland

First off, I'm not a Pilot, I LGM.

I don't mind if a Pilot makes bombing runs and we return to the airfield after every one. It dosn't take much time. I get annoyed when a Pilot forgets that he is not in a Bomber Jet and starts fighing Air to Air, but I can wait it out. I don't mind if the Pilot goes after an enemy jet really, as it's self defence. If you find yourself in a good position behind an enemy jet, I say take the opportunity to blow it out of the sky before it can come back around and kill you both.

A Jet Bombers primary role though is the ground targets, and LGMers ar the best at taking them out. As long as my pilot dosn't completely neglect that duty, it's fine by me.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6638|London, England
I always line people up but they seem to be afk. I hate using the bombs it seems too "messy" and half the time it's overuse of force as most of the time you're taking out tanks that are close to freindly's and stuff.

The LGM is one crazy missile, if done right i think it can take out the F35, Cobra and Blackhawk on Oman at the same time. More fun taking out the choppers when they are in air with them though.
shice
+9|6532|every1 h8's Germany

FFLink13 wrote:

[n00b]Tyler wrote:

You'd tell THAT GIRL "no i dont want you to lick my 'finger'because you are not that good looking" ?
ROFLMAO
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6670
bombers, bah. Deathtraps. I only use em when they're the only jet on the map. In which case I'll use F2 (yes, solo LMG-ing) because my co-pilot will miss most of his shots anyway, or just not shoot at all despite me flying slowly level over a whole bunch of targets perfectly positioned in front of me.

The best use I've ever had for this won me a round once. I was MEC on OCS 32, i'd been in the SU-34 all round with the usual insane scores you get on OCS. towards the end (80 tickets to 20 for us) we lost all of our bases and I was the only guy left in the bomber. So, I nicked their F-15 and just spent the rest of the round solo-LMGing, trying to beat the ticket bleed. we won, although half of the players in the server left
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6708|Devon, England

shice wrote:

FFLink13 wrote:

[n00b]Tyler wrote:

You'd tell THAT GIRL "no i dont want you to lick my 'finger'because you are not that good looking" ?
ROFLMAO
im sorry, i must be stupid as i dont remember writing that. could you please show me where? oh w8, you cant.

even tho, i probably wud say no, as im only 16 and wud rather "get it on" with sum1 "special" for my first time.

Last edited by FFLink13 (2006-07-24 05:00:50)

aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6810
The gunner in the bombers may have 20 missiles to fire but the reload time is so long that it's actually worth returning to the air-base and the pilot rearming/repairing.  In the (very) few times I found a pilot worth flying with and we managed to talk on VOIP/TS, we found it's very well lining up for the gunner to take down a vehicle but there are other targets a bomber can take.  For instance, on Gulf of Oman, it's often infantry that will be capping a flag and the LGM has nothing to target.

So, use teamwork, use comms, save bombs for infantry/flag defense or for when the gunner's reloading.  And gunners, talk to your pilot, especially to say when you're reloading.
Cursed You
+64|6605|Idaho
bombers are in a way like attack helicopters.  When alone, the pilot can manage to scrape up quite a decent amount of points.  But with a gunner, they will tank anyone out.  LGMs are extremely good, however, the lock-on vs. speed travelling + window of oppurtunity is equally kept.  But they are one shot, one kill.  Not up to the par of a bomb where the possibility of splash damage can come into play.  A bomber fighting air to air while Im in the bomber seat?  I dont mind.  Usually if I have a well balanced pilot and Ive been flying with him for a while, I can trust that he's doing the right thing in deviating from the bombing route to chase off the person on his tail.

The pilots on the other hand have a much easier route, their bombs.  You take a slow run over a flag being captured and drop your load its a garunteed 2 kills and some splash damage.  But if they cant hit the tank in the first run then they lose the flag.

So its pretty balanced out imo.
donpost
+8|6778
My ingame name is donpost. If you see me in the bomber, jump in, because for me its ALL about getting the co-pilot some kills. Nothing like seeing a white streak of death leave reach out from the from of your jet and smite the blissfully unaware armour below.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard