+233|6688|The Netherlands
Eeeeehhhhmmmmm so what is this about?
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6563|Area 51

=TH=[Eleanor]-NL- wrote:

Eeeeehhhhmmmmm so what is this about?
I think about an Australian Bf2s server

Last edited by RDMC(2) (2006-07-23 08:17:36)

blackheeler
+4|6628|Perth, Australia
THA is in the process of trying to set up a BF2S Server for those of us in Australia/NZ

edit* argh, beat me to it!

Last edited by blackheeler (2006-07-23 08:20:01)

=TH=[Eleanor]-NL-
The Karma Collector!
+233|6688|The Netherlands
Ah, well, that's about the other side of the world for me so I guess I should look a little bit closer to home Cya!
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6563|Area 51

=TH=[Eleanor]-NL- wrote:

Ah, well, that's about the other side of the world for me so I guess I should look a little bit closer to home Cya!
Echo
WOoKie
+383|6718|The Netherlands
Cool, I sent a pm to chuy this morning asking for a AU sub forum and he already made it this afternoon. Sweet!
Echo
WOoKie
Mmm maybe i should also say why i pmed chuy about it, its 5 weeks before the AU ranked server will be ready if all goes to plan. I thought the aussies could use a head start cause i know how hard it is to get a new server populated. Hopefully this sub forum will help get as much au guys excited about it as we possibly can.

Discuss!
eusgen
Nugget
+402|6790|Jupiter
We need to get the US server popular first before we can start on an AU server, god i dont even want to think of the pings in there, but i would still help fill. (as long as no ping kicker of course)
SiMSaM16
+48|6691|United States of America
"If you build it, nerds will come..."
GAIKIWARRIOR
Judge Death
+64|6741|PERTH WESTERN AUSTRALIA
I Will play all on this server all the time . what maps please . like to see bf2, ef or af or all

Last edited by GAIKIWARRIOR (2006-07-23 18:38:22)

aridia
+2|6491|Australia
Aslong as its not 24/7 wake/karkand i'll play!
Sentinel
Cheeseburger Connoisseur
+145|6656|Australia
AWESOME! I never expected a BF2S server in AUS. that is fantastic, i finally have a solid server option - gamearena and internode arent that great.
Quick question, does anyone know what the map rotation will be like? its so hard to find a game at Daqing, Dragon and Shongua at the moment. I hope it aint Wake/Mashtuur/Karkand

EDIT: spelling and grammar

Last edited by Iron_Sentinel (2006-07-24 00:25:44)

oberst_enzian
+234|6741|melb.au

Iron_Sentinel wrote:

its so hard to find a game at Daqing, Dragon and Shongua at the moment. I hope it aint Wake/Mashtuur/Karkand
I'm with you on that. Songhua is the most underrated map of all imo, and its a freakin shame because its really good. love the bamboo jungle fights
~Smokey~
Steve Irwin Reincarnate
+396|6536|Internetfitlerland

Yeah im all for maps other than wake/karkand, but mashtuur is sweet
aridia
+2|6491|Australia
eh daqing is alil big for my taste but dragon shongua and mash are all awesome
Echo
WOoKie
Why doesnt someone start a decent poll on a map cycle for the au server to find out what the rest of the guys want to play? Thats one of the few things that can be sorted before you guys actually get the server.

Btw i suggest you get karkand as the starting map, its the best map to get the game started.
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6748
Follow the EU server formula and you cant go wrong!

Get some good Admins, good map cycle, good community, dont take anything from anyone, and play with some good teamwork!
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6839|Cologne, Germany

those who want to get involved with the AUS server should contact THA, I guess. He is in charge of the project, and he should be able to tell you all about it ( what maps to expect, admins, location, whatever ).
But since the whole thing is still a couple of weeks off completion, I wouldn't expect too much concrete information at this point.

updates and THA contact here: http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=20566&p=4

Last edited by B.Schuss (2006-07-24 03:39:35)

Echo
WOoKie
You re right, i don't believe he's decided on any details yet. I think his main concern right now is making sure we ll actually get the server. This is what he said. 

THA wrote:

yes get excited but keep it restrained as anything could happen that could derail the project.

so until the server is set up i think it might be best to just chill for a bit!
Link

Lots of details can only be sorted after we get it of course. Stuff like who the server admins will be can only be sorted after the server is up and there's a group of regulars to pick from i guess.

Imo there's a couple of things that can be sorted while the server is being 'constructed'. Like i suggested, you guys can have a decent poll about what maps you want to play when its up.
[AD]will_young[G36E]
spreader of the herpies
+33|6528|Down under, melbourne
how many mods will make up the bf2s AU mod team, it would be good to see it administrated regularly becasue i can imagine allot of ass hats coming on like GA and intergay.
Jestar
Shifty's Home Number: 02 9662 8432
+373|6739

Yeah, hey Will...

Me and the [AD] Clan will be happy to Play,and if you need admins im here.....
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6673|Canberra, AUS
Lol, you can stay in our server for the timebeing.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6679|Disaster Free Zone

General-Echo wrote:

Btw i suggest you get karkand as the starting map, its the best map to get the game started.
It better not be kark 24/7 or kark every second map. It should be near the end of the rotation or not there at all if the rotation is small. It is over played (as is wake) with very little in the way of team play.

The best rotation would be: (In no particular order)
Kubra Dam
Mashtuur City
Operation Clean Sweep
Zatar Wetland
Sharqi Peninsula
Daqing Oilfields
Dragon Valley
FuShe Pass
Echo
WOoKie
Only after 6 months we changed the starting map to something else then karkand. The starting map of our servr has been changed recently to sharqi. Take my word for it, karkand is the best map to get a server populated as quick as possible. I tried to start the eu server with a lot of other maps in the early days of it and i know for sure karkand is the best map to start it as its the most played map.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard