_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6717|Riva, MD
I got it today.  The mouse is awesome, the keyboard is O.K., the speakers are really tiny and they suck extremely bad but you get what you pay for.  The mouse looks expensive and high performance, has a cool BRIGHT blue glow on the scroller wheel, and is comfortable and ergonomic.  Plus it has a dpi adjustment selector on the side and the box says it goes up to 800 dpi.  It's extremely zippy for a PS/2 mouse.  The keyboard is just a keyboard, no extras whatsoever, it doesn't even have a volume control like most of them do.  The speakers absolutely suck so very bad, I don't think I've ever heard worse sound, once again you get what you pay for and maybe even a little less when it comes to these speakers.  I'm still using the keyboard and mouse but those speakers are shit.

Last edited by _j5689_ (2006-07-25 14:11:09)

BigglesPiP
Whirlybird Guy
+20|6548|Windermere, GB
Defo get a PS2 keyboard.

USB keyboard plus operation of the BIOS often = AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!
PuckMercury
6 x 9 = 42
+298|6527|Portland, OR USA

_j5689_ wrote:

I got it today.  The mouse is awesome, the keyboard is O.K., the speakers are really tiny and they suck extremely bad but you get what you pay for.  The mouse looks expensive and high performance, has a cool BRIGHT blue glow on the scroller wheel, and is comfortable and ergonomic.  Plus it has a dpi adjustment selector on the side and the box says it goes up to 800 dpi.  It's extremely zippy for a PS/2 mouse.  The keyboard is just a keyboard, no extras whatsoever, it doesn't even have a volume control like most of them do.  The speakers absolutely suck so very bad, I don't think I've ever heard worse sound, once again you get what you pay for and maybe even a little less when it comes to these speakers.  I'm still using the keyboard and mouse but those speakers are shit.
see?  Don't get caught up in elitist bullshit - as much as I love my G15 - your keyboard plays the game just as well and does a fine job of spelling "qwerty" I'm sure.

BigglesPiP wrote:

Defo get a PS2 keyboard.

USB keyboard plus operation of the BIOS often = AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!
actually many new mobos require USB and have NO ps/2 ports.  USB has been easily used in BIOS for the past year or so.

Last edited by PuckMercury (2006-07-25 20:22:37)

Anfidurl
Use the bumper, that's what its for!
+103|6593|Lexington, Kentucky
IBM Model M for the win.
Seriously, I've had one for so long, and it hasn't worn out yet. I'm thinking of mounting a 4 port USB or an LCD in one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBM_Model_M_Keyboard

Edit: What other keyboard can you pick up and lay out a noob with? I can think of no other.

Last edited by Anfidurl (2006-07-25 20:31:20)

PuckMercury
6 x 9 = 42
+298|6527|Portland, OR USA
they just don't make concussion dealing keyboards like they used to
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6717|Riva, MD

Anfidurl wrote:

IBM Model M for the win.
Seriously, I've had one for so long, and it hasn't worn out yet. I'm thinking of mounting a 4 port USB or an LCD in one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBM_Model_M_Keyboard

Edit: What other keyboard can you pick up and lay out a noob with? I can think of no other.
I think I used to have on of those way back when I had a Windows 3.0

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard