TheRipePunani
+0|6510|Saratoga, California
How much does it cost? I heard all it's really just more vehicles, that's all.
Nabraham
EWWW!!! Thats Nasty!!!
+18|6704|Enon
$10, its not bad, but there arent a ton of servers playing it compared to vanilla/sf/af.
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6647|UK
£6/$10

TheRipePunani wrote:

Is Euro Force even worth it?
No.
dankassasin42o
+68|6699|Reefersyde, CA
I havent been able to play it online yet......
InnerMonkey
+62|6739
If you wish to play ranked servers, it probably isn't worth it.  More vehicles on okay maps, but it's really not worth it.  I played it maybe 15-20 hours across a couple accounts before interest waned.

If this is your only account (haven't played the game under another PID), then I wouldn't bother if I were you.  Play the vanilla game until you want a change, then check to see if any servers are still running it, then get it if you like it.

If you quickly get tired of retarded people and jets, maybe get Special Forces as there are at least more servers to choose from and the players tend to be a little smarter in their gameplay.
Lost-Soul
+26|6529
Yes!!!!
InnerMonkey
+62|6739
I'm thinking some example of yes and no are more helpful, so I'll add to my previous post.

First, there aren't hardly any servers that still run the maps.  98% (estimate) of the servers run vanilla BF2.  .01% run EF, .02 percent run AF, and the rest goes to Special Forces.  If you want to play with your friends, or just have a good selection of servers, the booster packs are simply not the way to go.  Save your money for something else, or run a STRONG risk of feeling ripped off because there's no where to play your shiny new booster online.

Second, um, well.....first pretty much covers it.  EF is a dead horse, let it die.

This is all just my opinion.  Look in your server list and see for yourself.  Go to a friends house that has it if that is an option for you.  These are good research steps to decide if it's worth the money.  All we can do is repeat a cycle of yays and nays, which doesn't tell you jack in the end.
Phrozenbot
+632|6636|do not disturb

EF is worth it IMO, if you are willing to wait for a game to start. Most EF servers are European, and you will get bad lag on them. The EF community is not dead; it's just hard for them to find a good server. Most are EF/AF. If you don't mind spending 10 bucks, give it a shot. All maps are fun, and with the proposed infantry only thing going on, you will have a blast on Great Wall. The other maps will be interesting.
InnerMonkey
+62|6739
I'll agree with you for sure.  I can't get a good ping to those European servers from east Tennessee.  If I don't get servers with good pings in my list, they might as well not be there, as I don't consider them viable.  Great Wall isn't too bad of a map with armor, but yeah, the map would be fun without it.
TheRipePunani
Thanks for the replies. Yeah, I was thinking about Euro Force, but looking at Armored Fury...that Little Bird and A-10 have sure gotten my attention.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6586|England

The AF planes are shite (cannon fodder for AA) and the littlebirds can take out infantry and jeeps only. And are more cannon fodder for AA. Well, when Im in AA anyway.

Both packs are worth getting, and for £5....they are a bargain.

I know of a 24/7 EU Smoke Screen only server. 64man, always nearly full up.
Theres also an EA CH server thats runs pretty much Great Wall only that is often full up.

Its just finding the servers, and for me, to find other servers, I have to wait for my servers list to update. It gets to about 490, stops for about 1minute then finds like another 500 or so and I end up with 900+ servers.
Then, I find about 100 EU servers, of which about 1/4 have ppl in.

Same applies to AF. Everyone says its great, but it really isnt played that much. There are hundreds of servers running AF, and just about every single one of them is empty.
TheRipePunani
Well I just like the Little Bird. It's just cool. :p
GUNNYCWT
+3|6512|Jacksonville NC
Save your 10 bucks.
Phrozenbot
+632|6636|do not disturb

Spend it. If you don't like it, then it's not a big deal. We could use some dedicated EF players, because people think their first experience with EF is supposed to be a thrill. It wasn't really for me, but as I played, I enjoyed it much more to the point that I almost play it exclusively. That doesn't mean I won't play other maps, but instead of playing, say, Karkand all day, I'm playing 3 different maps. If I squeeze in some AF, and SF, I've pretty much made my day well-rounded. And I don't feel like a dirty whore all inside. European blood must run in my veins, even though I'm Hispanic.

Battles in EF are a lot different in vanilla and AF, but expect a new experience. It's your decision. If you honestly want to look at the cover and think it's crap, so be it, but if you want to try something new, go for it. I wish though that your new experience for EF was just like when it came out, full of servers, players, and endless carnage.
shadow18alpha
I attend BF2 Anonymous Meetings
+129|6695|Warlord/Bellevue,WA

GUNNYCWT wrote:

Save your 10 bucks.
agreed

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard