Erkut.hv
+124|6737|California

elite wrote:

This summer is hotter than average with a new record set for july, in the sound of britian, the water reserves have pretty much run out, in one area 75,000 people have gone with out water because its run out totaly, and its hardly raining to next year would be even worse.

windows are breaking nder the heat, trains are delayed because the lines maybe bend and break, the roads are melting so gritters for the snow have come out for summer to stop the roads from sticking to the cars, great white sharks are found in the waters off cornwal now which is very unusual.

Global warming is really kicking in here in britian!!

is it happening anywhere else or just here??
I live in California so it's nothing new here, although it does feel a little bit hotter. Althought to be honest, the temp the last few summers has seemed lower, like we haven't had much of a summer. This year is diferent. I damn near kick my woman out of bed to try and keep it cooler.

I feel sorry for you cats over in England, must be miserable right about now.
|60|Cobalt
Terror in the Skies
+30|6754|Leipzig/Germany
when do you know that it's too hot? when your CPU is cooler than the air outside - we're not far away from that
=OBS= EstebanRey
+256|6552|Oxford, England, UK, EU, Earth

elite wrote:

This summer is hotter than average with a new record set for july, in the sound of britian, the water reserves have pretty much run out, in one area 75,000 people have gone with out water because its run out totaly, and its hardly raining to next year would be even worse.

windows are breaking nder the heat, trains are delayed because the lines maybe bend and break, the roads are melting so gritters for the snow have come out for summer to stop the roads from sticking to the cars, great white sharks are found in the waters off cornwal now which is very unusual.

Am I the only one with a memory span of more than 365 days?  Every year we have a few hot days and "global warming" gets mentioned.  A couple of years ago it hit 40 in one part of the UK but that seems to have been forgotten now and this year's heat is being reported as a unique event.

It makes me laugh when the papers say things like it hasn't been this hot since 1912....yeah so what was causing it then?
[HhB]Jonny-JX
+5|6502|Dresden, Germany
Normal summer...35-40 degrees Celcius in east-germany.....very sunny, a few heavy showers all around us...

Nice summer...but my pc is crying........have the case completely open and in addition to my 4 ventilators inside the pc standing 3 normal ventilators (used for rooms,...etc.) next to my pc for an better airflow and cooling...

really nice for my electricity bill, but i need my pc.....but i want play....^^

Last edited by [HhB]Jonny-JX (2006-07-21 07:07:51)

Pop To Ster
Philosiraptor
+45|6534|Edmonds, WA
Here in Poland its fucking 35-40celcius nearly every day. Going to the beach is a fucking blast
BVC
+325|6697
Its bloody cold here at the moment!  Between 0 & 10C most days, some don't seem to get above 3 or 4, yet we had one week of sun and warmth in the middle of winter!  The weather has been crazy the past few years, it seems like the seasons are coming earlier and earlier...
naightknifar
Served and Out
+642|6563|Southampton, UK

In Britain here too. Very hot , Very nice
As long as i still have water im happy. And i do!

Today sorta sucked tho. Stuck for an hour in a closed off hall with 500 people.
eagles1106
+269|6586|Marlton, New Jersey.
i dont know if its because of global warming or not, but scientists are predicting that an uber tsunami will slam into the us west coast not too long for now.  hey maybe its a good thing, couple thousand flamers dead.......
jk i wouldnt want anybody to die...
PekkaA
+36|6666|Finland

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

PekkaA wrote:

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

Jeez, i wear jackets in that type of weather, ffs.
^^^yes, i'm serious about that...

mate, austraila averages those temperatures in summer... try 49C...(Adelaide's record) thats prolly the only time i'll ever take my jacket off
It's also about humidity. Australia has very dry air compared to Taiwan, and that makes air feel cooler.
exactly, i would like to see pekkaa wear a jacket in a very humid area... humidity is around 80% i think
Now I'm being petty, but you muddled me up with Fenris.
Pop To Ster
Philosiraptor
+45|6534|Edmonds, WA

eagles1106 wrote:

i dont know if its because of global warming or not, but scientists are predicting that an uber tsunami will slam into the us west coast not too long for now.  hey maybe its a good thing, couple thousand flamers dead.......
Because of the damn San Andrease fault line and the tetonic plate on the west coast. I live close to Seattle, so i guess i'm screwed
*TS*tphai
The Forum Alien
+89|6808|The planet Tophet

Pubic wrote:

Its bloody cold here at the moment!  Between 0 & 10C most days, some don't seem to get above 3 or 4, yet we had one week of sun and warmth in the middle of winter!  The weather has been crazy the past few years, it seems like the seasons are coming earlier and earlier...
are you kidding ????
daffytag
cheese-it!
+104|6577

Pop To Ster wrote:

eagles1106 wrote:

Because of the damn San Andrease fault line and the tetonic plate on the west coast. I live close to Seattle, so i guess i'm screwed
Not heard about this, but Im sure there would be plenty o warning.

Its Hot here in southampton too. Lucky for me I have a pool
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6692|Tampa Bay Florida
No real difference here in Florida, although because I live on a peninsula that usually cools down the temperature a little.  But a few days ago I was in NC, and it was almost as hot as Florida, which I'm sure isn't the norm

I bet the A/C companies get real happy whenever there's a heat wave

Last edited by Spearhead (2006-07-21 08:18:32)

Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6521|Adelaide, South Australia

PekkaA wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

PekkaA wrote:

It's also about humidity. Australia has very dry air compared to Taiwan, and that makes air feel cooler.
exactly, i would like to see pekkaa wear a jacket in a very humid area... humidity is around 80% i think
Now I'm being petty, but you muddled me up with Fenris.
Meh, i got teh message its just i still have to go to school on those days and i have basketball. on the OUTSIDE courts. and i'm still in my jacket ive had several teachers demanding me to take it off . mind you, i drink about 4 litres of water on those days...
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6675|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
I love shagging in the summer its great
Jinto-sk
Laid Back Yorkshireman
+183|6593|Scarborough Yorkshire England

1927 wrote:

I love shagging in the summer its great
lol eeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwww all hot n sticky, in the shower yeah cool off whilst you get off
one_of_ten
+7|6658|Brussels, Belgium

CameronPoe wrote:

Good old Ireland. Mild in summer, mild in winter - we never get extremes. We did get 28oC though two days ago which is pretty extreme for our delicate complexions and ginger hair....
Another reason that makes me want to move to Ireland.....
PekkaA
+36|6666|Finland

one_of_ten wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Good old Ireland. Mild in summer, mild in winter - we never get extremes. We did get 28oC though two days ago which is pretty extreme for our delicate complexions and ginger hair....
Another reason that makes me want to move to Ireland.....
Because of ginger-haired men?
Major_Spittle
Banned
+276|6657|United States of America

elite wrote:

I hear you, here in the USA it is getting so hot that all the Samon are swimming up river into the mountains where it is cooler.  A lot of them are dying along the way, it is really crazy they just jump up through the water falls.  I have also noticed all the snow is melting on top of the mountains this summer, it is causing the streams to swell up and the reservoirs are so full they can't hold any more water and have to let it out.  Some days it gets so hot that the asphalt almost seems sticky.  Infact it got so hot up in Canada that swarms of geese all started flying up there, you could see them by the hundreds.  It is really scary shit happening out here, and the local news is not even covering it.  I hope Al Gore gets selected president soon so he can stop these things from happening.
ShotYourSix
Boldly going nowhere...
+196|6721|Las Vegas
That IS extreme for your neck of the woods.  I heard that the normal rains there have been almost nonexistant this year.  Kinda scary when you really think about it.

I'm used to the heat here in Las Vegas (at least as used to it as one can get).....it hit 113 last saturday, and 118 is not uncommon this time of year.  Unfortunately I work outdoors in construction.  Man it SUCKS.
horny_trojan
+39|6712|Los FUCKING Angeles
102 in Reno, Nevada
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6772|AUS, Canberra
oh you poor brits...its getting up to the mid to high 30's for a day at a time.....
try going a week of over 40's then talk about hot!!!

elite wrote:

haha way to over react!!!!
PekkaA
+36|6666|Finland
I'm kinda jealous to you all. We had two weeks of nice heat and today it started to rain and temperature dropped below 293K....
JahManRed
wank
+646|6630|IRELAND

Yup its baking up here. Hit 32c yesterday. Thats hot for Northern Ireland. Bonus is the extra potions of scakly clad girlie's sweating and writhing and gyrating and...........................the heat is getting to me.
Rosse_modest
+76|6778|Antwerp, Flanders

elite wrote:

Why the hell do you always insist on typing britian???

Summer started pretty late, had some dreary weather which just wouldn't stop. And then this happened. 37.8 degrees a little further east from here. 37 where I am. And it's been going on for quite some time now, this is pretty unusual and I really hate it. I don't know whether it's the fact that I'm a redhead or that I have a fair amount of body hair but I just can't stand these temperatures, I'm a lot more comfortable when it's 10 °C outside. I went to the coast today, and it's several degrees cooler there, add to that a refreshing breeze every once in a while and it actually becomes acceptable. But over here it's just too damn hot. I can't do anything at all outside. And to make things worse I have the hottest room in the house (in the winter it's the coldest), I used to think it was all because of pc heating things up but when we came home it was obvious my room was warmer than all the others...

All in all I hate summer. The only good thing about it is females revealing all sorts of parts of their fascinating bodies for all to see???

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard