kessel!
Peruvian Cocaine
+261|6756|Toronto Canada
I bought RS3 yesterday to kill time seeing how I don't have my bf2 discs with me and I am at my cottage.       

Anyways, I go to install it on the windows xp half of my mac. It installs without a hitch and I go to play it, but for some reason, the screen is constantly flickering once I am in the game. I called tech support but they basically told me my computer was too good for the game. I think you guys are much better with computers than some minumally paid tech support guy so can you help me?

thanks,
Kess
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6708
did rainbow six 3 run well in windows XP b4? it shouldnt be too fast for ur pc... i run old games fine like empire earth 1... the flickering i doubt it would be ur pc is too good, probly its a bit unoptimized... it will go away in a while when it is fully optimized
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
kessel!
Peruvian Cocaine
+261|6756|Toronto Canada
how should i fully optomize it?

heres what i have

2.0ghz intel duelcore
1gb ram
ati 256mb radeon mobility x16000

i figured that this would work
kessel!
Peruvian Cocaine
+261|6756|Toronto Canada
I still need help people. this is driving me nuts.
RookieCAF
+11|6582|Western Massachussets
Did you set it to run on only one core? Alot of old games have issues on DC CPU's..
kessel!
Peruvian Cocaine
+261|6756|Toronto Canada
how do i do that? sorry i are teh noob
RookieCAF
+11|6582|Western Massachussets
I have no idea, I have a single core cpu but I have heard folks talking. Check around on the Rainbow Six Web Boards..
kessel!
Peruvian Cocaine
+261|6756|Toronto Canada
i have. no luck tho.
ShotYourSix
Boldly going nowhere...
+196|6710|Las Vegas

kessel! wrote:

I called tech support but they basically told me my computer was too good for the game.
heh.....thats a pretty rare thing to hear from tech. support!
Mr.Casual
p-n*|3eergogglz
+136|6500|Minnesota eh
maybe monitor?!? idk
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6664|Colorado
Interesting problem, maybe update video drivers, I would scour the rb6 forums for similar problems.
Might be an issue they have to patch as well.
good luck.
Anfidurl
Use the bumper, that's what its for!
+103|6584|Lexington, Kentucky
Wait... Rainbow Six Three? R63? *yawn*
Wake me when they get to R69.
devilhammer
+16|6586|San Marcos, Texas
to disable dual core press ctrl+alt+del then right click the application you are running find go to process, and right click the highlighted process, select set affinity. click cpu 0(most of your windows operations run on the first core which in turn makes your games slower)and then press ok. that should disable one of the cores. then enjoy your game.

Last edited by devilhammer (2006-07-20 22:16:21)

Capt. Foley
+155|6579|Allentown, PA, USA

Anfidurl wrote:

Wait... Rainbow Six Three? R63? *yawn*
Wake me when they get to R69.
Perv....
kessel!
Peruvian Cocaine
+261|6756|Toronto Canada

devilhammer wrote:

to disable dual core press ctrl+alt+del then right click the application you are running find go to process, and right click the highlighted process, select set affinity. click cpu 0(most of your windows operations run on the first core which in turn makes your games slower)and then press ok. that should disable one of the cores. then enjoy your game.
yeah i did this. its working fine now. thanks guys

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard