kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6872|Bryan/College Station, TX

HURLEY wrote:

i like how you totally stereotype me and assume that you know me, guess what assuming does, makes an ass out of you.

Really, i still think that abortions wrong and considering i said "convenience" you dumb bitch so go suck at life you abortion survivor. and 90% of women that get an abortion say that they were wrong and shouldn't have and WOULDN'T have but they were misled and lied to. so go fuck yourself you tool.

and saying that i should be killed? I'm not the one thats fucked in the head, your the one that has anger issues.
No abortions were done to prevent pregnancy with any of the embryos to be used with this bill. Every single one was harvested with the intent to HAVE a baby. Now that the goal has been achieved the biproduct is being disposed of. Do you believe in Recycling?

-=NHB=- Bananahands wrote:

You have horrible anologies. I dont like veal but that is a bad description because it is already living obviously. You may think that its ok to kill ten would be children to help one person but I dont, especially when there are ALTERNATIVE methods. Say it with me now, ALTERNATIVE methods for getting stem cells.
Actually you are still arguing a point that isn't even a possibility. No one is killing anyone because no one is alive nor would they be alive nor were they going to be alive. They are embryos. They are to be thrown away. Not used. Not aborted. Not possibly infants. Not possible born. But very much trash. Disposed of. Biomatter. See my last paragraph. No one got an abortion to produce these embryos. Eggs were harvested from a female. Sperm was harvested from a male. The Sperm was injected into the Egg in an lab. This produced a fertilized egg which became an embryo. MANUFACTURED IN A LAB AND DISPOSED OF LIKE EXCESS WASTE PRODUCT.

Get it through your fucking thick skull. There is a 0% chance of any births from this. None.

If you can't understand this or wrap your mind around it then I just don't know whatelse to say on the matter.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
CC-Marley
+407|6857

j5f5ff wrote:

CC-Marley wrote:

Adult stem cells now can be used to create any cell of the body.  Don't need to kill the embryonic cells. AM I wrong? Didn't think so.
Acording to this http://stemcells.nih.gov/info/basics/basics5.asp Adult stem cells can not be used to create any cell of the body.  The embryonic cells would come from matter that is not, never was, and never will be living.
I beg to differ http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=dn1826 I though agree to disagree. ;-)

Last edited by CC-Marley (2006-07-23 09:36:56)

kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6577|Southeastern USA
https://img156.imageshack.us/img156/6471/christopherreeve8bzoc6.jpg
HURLEY
Ima Crunchatize you.
+170|6711|The Lou

kilroy0097 wrote:

HURLEY wrote:

i like how you totally stereotype me and assume that you know me, guess what assuming does, makes an ass out of you.

Really, i still think that abortions wrong and considering i said "convenience" you dumb bitch so go suck at life you abortion survivor. and 90% of women that get an abortion say that they were wrong and shouldn't have and WOULDN'T have but they were misled and lied to. so go fuck yourself you tool.

and saying that i should be killed? I'm not the one thats fucked in the head, your the one that has anger issues.
Do you believe in Recycling?
no.

and i dont believe you can "recycle" a human life because, correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't something have to be used in order for it to be "recycled"?

can you tell me how this baby was used? but never mind, its not even a baby to you... cause it isn't a developed baby, even though it has a heartbeat and is alive, but they cant remember it, so that makes it ok right?

Last edited by HURLEY (2006-07-23 12:46:45)

Spumantiii
pistolero
+147|6711|Canada
It doesn't have organs yet.  It's an embryo.   Douches have higher possibility of birth than frozen embryos.  80% are deformed or deform during thawing, 50% of them die during thawing, 100% of them get destroyed ANYWAY once they hit their age limit.

It's not like they've ever been treated like anything more than templates for humans at that stage, a group of cells, there is no heart. If left alone those embryos die.  They're made in labs from discarded and defective human material

Last edited by Spumantiii (2006-07-23 12:58:50)

destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6655|Canada

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

alpinestar wrote:

Youre the one not getting the joke..
rofl...

you cant say bush is really a retard... hes just not a bright president... hes kinda a dumbass i agree
Dumbass huh? That "dumbass" found a way to become elected President of the most powerful nation on earth. The man isn't dumb.
he found a way through his daddies friends in the supreme court......

Last edited by destruktion_6143 (2006-07-23 15:43:36)

PekkaA
+36|6693|Finland

Dumbass huh? That "dumbass" found a way to become elected President of the most powerful nation on earth. The man isn't dumb.
Well, maybe it just tells more about voters intelligence? Or how can you explain that you also have a bodybuilder who hardly speaks english as a governor?
j5f5ff
+11|6778

CC-Marley wrote:

j5f5ff wrote:

CC-Marley wrote:

Adult stem cells now can be used to create any cell of the body.  Don't need to kill the embryonic cells. AM I wrong? Didn't think so.
Acording to this http://stemcells.nih.gov/info/basics/basics5.asp Adult stem cells can not be used to create any cell of the body.  The embryonic cells would come from matter that is not, never was, and never will be living.
I beg to differ http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=dn1826 I though agree to disagree. ;-)
I agree that this was potentially a huge discovery.

From http://www.sciencecases.org/superman_ethics/primer.asp  ,   

..."They (Multipotent cells) can and often do contain DNA damage due to aging, sunlight (radiation), toxins, and random DNA mutation during replication. Spontaneous mutations are more likely to show up in older multipotent cells than younger pluripotent cells."  What is correct?  It's certain that more research has to be done to find out.

And once again, Embryonic stem cells researched would not come from living tissue.

Last edited by j5f5ff (2006-07-23 19:27:23)

kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!

HURLEY wrote:

kilroy0097 wrote:

no.

and i dont believe you can "recycle" a human life because, correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't something have to be used in order for it to be "recycled"?

can you tell me how this baby was used? but never mind, its not even a baby to you... cause it isn't a developed baby, even though it has a heartbeat and is alive, but they cant remember it, so that makes it ok right?
You do not believe in using a human life to further medical research but you are in favor of letting human life be thrown in the trash? Explain the logic behind this decision.

An embryo is not a baby. There is no heartbeat because the heart hasn't even formed and doesn't form until around week six and only IF the embryo was in a female and gestated to that time period in the womb.

Please look at pictures of an embryo. Please read up on the differences between an embryo and a fetus before continuing.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
BEE_Grim_Reaper
+15|6735|Germany
Well.... it is definitely funny to see, how many people are against stem-cell research or research into genetic manipulation...

I cannot remember anyone really complaining about major advancements in medicine after WW2.... when some "bright" people took the notes and "research" results of a certain Dr. Mengele and consorts and used them as a basis to their own research or even as finished research....
<[onex]>Headstone
+102|6730|New York

HURLEY wrote:

kilroy0097 wrote:

HURLEY wrote:

no.

You do KNOW that these are FROZEN embryos right? You know, Ones that are left over from some time ago right? Sheesh. Theres litteraly enough cells to do YEARS of research and cures whthout taking another embryo from any woman again. Damn dude think of the crippled and sick instead of your selfish beliefs. Tell me, would you be so against it if your parents or sibling or better yet your kid would benefit from this research? If you say Yes, ill call you a bold faced lier right now.
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
While I know this is humor and well it is funny... but does this mean you can't be a Christian and support stem cell research? I believe you can still be both and still be a good Christian. Some of the most well proclaimed good Christians are the worst Christians I have ever seen.

Edit: BTW that goes for any religion. They each have their "holier than though" attitude followers who are the worst of the lot.

Last edited by kilroy0097 (2006-07-23 20:34:28)

HURLEY
Ima Crunchatize you.
+170|6711|The Lou

<[onex]>Headstone wrote:

HURLEY wrote:

kilroy0097 wrote:

no.

Damn dude think of the crippled and sick instead of your selfish beliefs. Tell me, would you be so against it if your parents or sibling or better yet your kid would benefit from this research? If you say Yes, ill call you a bold faced lier right now.
actually my dad is a diabetic and i have asked him about this and he said that he would rather remain this way than do that.

and im sorry for not knowing that before six weeks its not a fetus, maybe i should do some research, but i really dont care enough because i dont believe in it, so why read it? its like going to church and then going home and reading about how to worship satan. i know its a bad analogy lol.
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!

HURLEY wrote:

actually my dad is a diabetic and i have asked him about this and he said that he would rather remain this way than do that.

and im sorry for not knowing that before six weeks its not a fetus, maybe i should do some research, but i really dont care enough because i dont believe in it, so why read it? its like going to church and then going home and reading about how to worship satan. i know its a bad analogy lol.
Actually a better analogy would be why would an Athiest or Agnostic read the Bible or the Koran or any Mantra Volume written by the Budist or Hindu?  The only answer I can give you is that they do it merely to educate themselves and become learned people. Not reading about stem cell research is your progative but not doing so only serves to prove your ignorance when and if you attempt to take part in debate or discussions on the subject. As long as you never get into a discussion about this topic that you loath and hate so much then you should be fine...   Kind of too late for that isn't it? 

To be honest the people who would debate your side the best would be those that tried their hardest to know most if not all the information on both sides of the debate. This would then give them the knowledge needed to better formulate their own side and state their beliefs in an educated manner. But that's just logic speaking.

Last edited by kilroy0097 (2006-07-24 05:48:03)

Spumantiii
pistolero
+147|6711|Canada
the argument against states that human personhood begins at the moment of conception, and in that case it would qualify as murder of a person. 

the argument for states that personhood only begins in the womb* (edit that's wrong: test tube babies) and only after the embryonic stage, when it actually becomes larger than a pinhead, and develops features and spinal column

note:  the spinal column is the prime requisite for a vertebrate animal

Last edited by Spumantiii (2006-07-24 18:55:01)

Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6610|SE London

Stem Cells are great, I have them every morning on my cornflakes - it's done me a world of good.

Bush should not be imposing his own personal agenda on the rest of the world, it is a totally inappropriate use of a veto. Religion should NEVER play any part in politics.
alpinestar
+304|6624|New York City baby.
bush wants the stem cells for him self that's why he vetoed it, He eats babies!
Chuckles
+32|6576

alpinestar wrote:

bush wants the stem cells for him self that's why he vetoed it, He eats babies!
Mmmmm, babies.....the other, other white meat...
CommieChipmunk
+488|6598|Portland, OR, USA

PekkaA wrote:

Well, maybe it just tells more about voters intelligence? Or how can you explain that you also have a bodybuilder who hardly speaks english as a governor?
http://chrisevans3d.com/files/iq.htm
Skruples
Mod Incarnate
+234|6729

CommieChipmunk wrote:

PekkaA wrote:

http://chrisevans3d.com/files/iq.htm
I'm pretty sure that list has been discredited.
destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6655|Canada

rugburnv2.0 wrote:

Okay, this may be hard for some of you to understand, but here goes...

Bush is not BANNING any stem cell research.  What he vetoed was more FEDERAL FUNDING for said research.  I don't know about you (in the US, anyway), but I really don't like the idea of my tax dollars going to fund Pfizer or Bristol-Meyers or Johnson and Johnson's research into a cure for (insert disease here).  They want the taxpayers to fund all their research, then when they come up with the cure, you think they'll give you a discount???  Do you have any idea what the cures for cancer, AIDS, paralysis, etc would be worth?  If they think there is so much "hope" in stem cell research, let them spend their own money finding it.  They're going to set the price on it anyway.

Just my .02
but by doing that, he is basically suffocating the scientist until they cant research n e more. they need more funding, most of it rite now is by private donations, but charity doesnt go far enuf
xXSarnathXx
Decepticons forever!
+25|6636|Sweden
its not life, what the hell is wrong with u guys? u feel bad if u squash a fly? its flippin more alive than a stem cell, u feel bad if u shud stomp on a amoeba? its flippin more alive than a stem cell, get a grip ffs. u feel bad if u eat a egg? eat some caviar?? what the heck, feel bad if u eat a steak? fish, chicken, fruits?, vegetables? its all flippin alive and the human isnt some superior alien to this world, we are an animal when it all comes down to it.
AllmightyOz
+50|6514|United States - Ohio

HURLEY wrote:

It doesnt have a heart beat it's ONE FUCKIN CELL. We are talkin about a cell here, not a human life.

If embryos that would just be thrown away can be used to help another human, or save a human life, i'm all for it. Like he said, they are going to be throw out with the garbage any ways (oh wait, thats cruel that's a human life.).

HURLEY WHY DONT U GO ADOPT SOME EMBRYOS??
beerface702
+65|6721|las vegas
this is one thing i do hate that he is against

the bastard is tuff on foreign matters. and gets shit done

but dont do shit around here. ohwell

couple of years well see what the next smurf has to bring to the table
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6865
The doctors I know say its really a " Non issue ", Its the "Semi Automatic Assualt Rifle" of 2006.
If you like I will have one post and fill you in as to why you are sweating out something that dosent really matter to medical research. They were all in agreement.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard